Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Barnwell August 2, 2014

13K views 162 replies 22 participants last post by  Shake_&_Bake 
#1 ·
Barnwell Mountain Adventure

I have created an event on Facebook for this trip because one of the Cajun Yotas guys asked me to do so. We are planning a day trip to Barnwell Mountain on Saturday, August 2nd.

For those local to Shreveport, we will meet somewhere (TBD) and convoy over. For those not local to Shreveport, we will meet at the pavilion around 9am or at a campsite if enough people plan on camping.

Lunch will be on the trail so come prepared. Also bring plenty of water and maybe buy spray.

Open event so invite your Jeep buddies to join us if they wish.

Please make sure you are 4wd and all bling is removed prior to. Example: Predator/step rails will probably get messed up so please remove them.

Even if not a member of the forum and you wish to join us please feel welcome to come.

#2 ·
All you Texas guys, come on and join us! I'm sure most will be back from the Summit and will be ready for some Gilmer fun!!
Jax':wave:

#3 ·
@tlcntx, are you free on this weekend?

#9 ·
We were going to make a weekend of it, but just found out that neither hotel will allow dogs. It's too much on my old body to make a day trip out of it and the only kennels Mrs Wilson will leave the dogs at is $100 per day!
I contacted the park and they will not allow dogs in the cabins. :(
I understand they do not want animals to damage the cabin or it's contents, but they would be with one of us at all times. I am so not worried about damage that I would be willing to leave a $1000 deposit or my credit card.

#10 ·
You could hide the little pooch in the cracks.:surprise I'm sure no one would look for a pup if you didn't flash it around.:| You guys come on and go. I want to see how your Jeep moves!!:rocker:

#18 ·
Thanx for the offer sir. We sold the trailer and RTT earlier this year and were going to buy a small travel trailer instead. Just hasn't happened as we are also considering a pool and we can't afford both. One of the dogs has separation anxiety and would chew through a tent in seconds. Additionally I don't camp in Texas during the August heat. I am too old, well and the wife says so. :lol:

#19 · (Edited)
Steve, sorry to hear this. I was hoping y'all could make it. We will talk at the Summit. See you there!

#21 ·
I've never been to Barnwell.. I'm curious if it would be safe without skids/armor?

Thanks in advance!

#22 ·
I've never been to Barnwell.. I'm curious if it would be safe without skids/armor?

Thanks in advance!

You will have to bypass some of the obstacles, but if you take it slow and have a spotter you should be ok.

Do you still have the stock skids?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#27 ·
I don't have sliders or any skids.

I wheeled at Hidden Falls last month with no problem but what if that was "beginner's luck?" lol

#34 ·
I'm looking at getting to Barnwell Friday morning and leaving on Sunday. I will be camping Friday night and Saturday night.

I will probably bring food to cook for breakfast and dinner. We have a few chickens at my house so I'll have fresh eggs if anyone wants some.

Bryan is kind enough to let us use the TTR camp site for this trip which is where I'll be staying. We just need to clean up before leaving.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#36 ·
#43 ·
to anyone and everyone: TTR camp is on the main road from office. just follow it and take the left fork to the camp. I would also suggest for everyone to purchase a Barnwell map. They sell them @ the office.

#45 ·
My husband & my oldest son are leaving early Saturday morning to go out of town. My youngest son is arriving back in town Saturday from a week long hiking trip in Colorado and he has to be picked up from the school parking lot late afternoon-ish. If I can find someone to pick him up, I might be able to wheel most of Saturday. Crossing my fingers!

#46 ·
Hope you can make it, Tanya. I would love to hear about Moab and your Ouray trip. See you there!

Reactions: tlcntx
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.