Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Jambo Convoy May 4th

5K views 54 replies 11 participants last post by  SJunkie 
#1 · (Edited)
alright people I'm gonna be leaving for jambo early Thursday morning the may 4th. had a convoy for a run we did a lil while ago and it was pretty cool so I figure the jambo convoy will be even better. I'm up in prosper north of dallas so I'm open to meet up places but I would like to be at the park by 9 which means leaving the meet up by 7. ****ting bricks of excitement for this.

#3 ·
#4 ·
Jane and I now live in Aubrey and plan on leaving first thing the 4th so we can get in when the gates open again to get a good camping spot. We would love to convoy also. so that our 2 FJ's.... anyone else

Reactions: SandyTime
#7 ·
Jane and I now live in Aubrey and plan on leaving first thing the 4th so we can get in when the gates open again to get a good camping spot.
Don't take my camp site! HAHA

Attachments

#5 ·
My wife and I are planning on leaving pretty early on the 4th. We are coming from OKC but could possibly meet some of you all somewhere? This is our first time to Jambo and I am very excited about it.

#6 ·
You guys will love it. Let's all keep in touch. Maybe we can get a good convoy going

#8 ·
Sounds like fun. This will be our first Jambo as well, and a convoy sounds like a great way to kick off the weekend. I'll discuss it with the wifey and see if I can get her on board.

Reactions: MAD MIKE
#9 ·
Jennifer and I are in for the early departure. We are in North Plano not too far from 121 and the DNT. So, we can easily meet anywhere up to 380.

Reactions: MAD MIKE
#10 ·
If we are able to meet there are two routes one is down I-35 to Gainsville then SH-82 over to Pairis or straight down 271 to Paris. Tweak the route and go down to 380 at Greenvile, McKinney, or Denton. Of course that means leaving our house around 3AM the day of. We will see if I can get my wife to go for that.

#12 ·
Put your vehicle also. Not everyone brings an FJ. We don't want to leave anyone behind

MAD MIKE: Aubrey Sun Fusion FJ
Aquarius Jane: Aubrey Brick FJ

#15 ·
Looks like I will be in for the convoy, will be leaving from Carrollton. My understanding the gates will open at 10am on Thursday. Cant wait!

#17 ·
They do but I would like to get there at 9. There is usually a line, plus camping is first come first serve. :rocker:

#19 ·
My initial thought based on points of origin and the final destination would be in the area of 75 & 380 in McKinney. That looks to work pretty well for everyone on this list with the possible exception of 07TxTRD in Carrolton, but even then, it isn't really too out of the way. (Either south to catch I-30 in Garland or north to catch 380 in McKinney. Either way you end up in Greenville.)

That's just my two cents. I'm open to just about anyplace.

#20 ·
That works great for me. Looks to be right around 3.75 hours from my house. So that is about half of the whole trip. I am up for meeting anywhere around there.

#23 ·
Re: meeting spot

As a tentative meeting spot I'm gonna throw racetrac on 380 (2032 W University Dr, Mckinney, TX 75071) out there. 7 am departure time
That will work for me, its only 30 mins from my place. :cheers:

#22 ·
I am down with that

#24 ·
If anyone is one another yota forum please cross post.

#25 ·
#26 ·
Double post...

#39 ·
my wife and I will be at the gas station a little before 7 hopefully.

#40 ·
I will be leaving Thursday from McKinney around 1:00pm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

#42 ·
Jane and myself plan on being at the meeting place in McKinney before 7am Thursday.

#43 · (Edited)
Alright so here's the list as far as I know

1. SandyTime
2. Mad Mike
3. SJunkie
4. Camrun
5. 07TxTRD
6. DESI 4x4

Plan is to meet at the Racetrac on 380 (2032 W University Dr, Mckinney, TX 75071), would like to have everyone be there by 645-650 so we can be gone after the BS by 7. Hopefully we can make it there by 9 and get us some purrrty camping spots by the fire. I'm gonna be on CB 16 from when I leave the house so if your close and its 7am when we are takin off give us a shout over the CB and we can hold a couple mins for ya (assuming your CB is in range :nerd). If anyone is a tour guide of the route to BMRA feel free to bequeath your knowledge upon us and take lead. I have no idea if there will be kids riding along but if there is remember to keep your CB talk to a personable level. And remember to pray to the Toyota offroad gods to bless us with strong diffs and tough skids :rocker:

#44 ·
Sounds good to me. We are planning to leave about 3:30 that should put us at the Racetrac at around 6:45. I will need to top off the tank then we should be good to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#45 ·
Jane and myself are not going to make the convoy. We are going to be delayed about 5 hours in leaving. This unfortunately is out of our control. We do apologize, but we will see you there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.