Five-Point Inspection: 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser - Page 5 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Interested in the new Toyota Tundra? Stop in at the Toyota Tundra Forum @ www.tundratalk.net!
Toyota FJ Cruiser Header Background Toyota FJ Cruiser Header Right
HomeForumGalleryClassifiedsAbout UsAdvertiseContact Us

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
Advertisement
Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Forums Site Functions > Toyota FJ Cruiser News
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Chat Insurance Auto Loans Garage Blogs Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Toyota FJ Cruiser News This section contains news related to the Toyota FJ Cruiser. Only Administrators and Moderators may post new topics in this area.

FJCruiserForums.com is the premier Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-03-2012, 03:49 PM   #41 (permalink)

Member Number: 52518
Re: Five-Point Inspection: 2012 Toyota FJ Cruiser

I LOVE MY FJ...

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-13-2012, 10:09 AM   #42 (permalink)

Member Number: 9550

I don't know about any one else's FJ but my wife is always amused about how quit it is when pedestrians and bicyclists are startled as we pass them. My only complaint with my 2007 FJ Cruiser is that it is too low to the ground. It should come standard with a lift. If a two wheeler wants one for the status symbol, they should have to pay to get the lift removed.

Digg this Post!Add Post to del.icio.usBookmark Post in TechnoratiFurl this Post!
Old 09-16-2012, 12:23 AM   #43 (permalink)
Forum Regular

Member Number: 10586

what wind noise? is he comparing it to a $100k range rover? theres no basket with champaine either!!!
Old 09-26-2012, 12:34 PM   #44 (permalink)

Member Number: 58897
Send a message via Skype™ to FJScott73

I love an uniformed road car reviewer! So easy to make fun of! I love the sound of my engine as i shift from 1st to second and smoke the mustang gt racing me!(Until I shift to 3rd... need that supercharger! ) My FJ handles better than most cars in corners, then leaves em behind! When its anything other than dry pavement, there is no competition. Noise? Its an off-road vehicle. With that said, it is very quite and as others have said, I have tried to start it when it was already running! The only reason its not a Consumer reports recommended buy is fuel mileage, 4.0 is a gas hog! Only vehicle to beat it in any category in its class was the Suzuki grand vitara for roll over, it scored .1 points higher! Crushed the Jeep commander and H3. Those vehicles are a joke off road. I have pulled a H2 out of the mud the same day I pulled out a F250 stuck in the sand, all with factory equiped street tires!
MMM, I love you FJ!
Old 09-28-2012, 08:42 PM   #45 (permalink)
Forum Superstar

Member Number: 50723
Lifetime Supporting Member

Isn't it about time this POS article disappeared off this forum? It appears AutoGuide is awfully lazy in providing useful automotive news. Pull your act together. You're making money off paying subscribers and vendors; provide intelligent content. Hire writers with brains for Christ's sake and stop insulting the members and vendors of this forum.

Metal Tech/Radflo Stage 3; Radflo 2.5" Extended Travel Coilovers, Radflo 2" Rear Shocks, Radflo 2" Rear Lift Springs, Total Chaos UCAs, Metal Tech Offset Rear Lower Links, Metal Tech Tube Bumper with Winch Mount, Engo E10000S, Metal Tech Outpost Off Road Sliders, Metal Tech Tube Rear Bumper, Metal Tech Light Bar, Rigid E-Series LED Lighting, PIAA 520 Ion Crystal Driving, PIAA 520 Ion Crystal Fog, XD 797 Spy Gloss Blk Machined 17x9 -12mm, 285/70R17 Goodyear DuraTracs, Ricochet HD Skids, Baja Rack Drop-in Basket, Cobra 75WXST, Firestik, Boztec, BMC, 60" Hi-Lift, Factor 55 ProLink, sPOD, Ellis Precision
Old 09-29-2012, 01:47 AM   #46 (permalink)

Member Number: 60264

Quote:
FJ in PDX previously said: View Post
Well, now ya know what the problem is...

Sami Haj-Assaad
Features Editor
Sami comes to us with an unquenchable thirst for car knowledge. When he's not asking questions about cars and car tech, you can find him tinkering around with his gadgets. He finds himself right at home in side vehicles with the latest and greatest touch-screens, infotainment systems and complicated high-tech doo-dads. Before writing for AutoGuide.com Sami spent time writing in the Biz-Tech world, writing reviews of cell-phones, tablets, laptops, apps and videogames at his site CrustyKritics.
Yeah so he's not so much a car guy as he is a "review" guy... I mean seriously how do you get that job? Show up and the interview and say "I can work a Keyboard really well, and I haven't driven very many cars so I am completely unbiased.."

also my 9 yr old daughter has a " unquenchable thirst for car knowledge" it does not mean she knows enough to review a car just that she likes to ask questions about them.

and my latest site www.governmentauctionsinfo.com
come leave a post!

Last edited by Xetchx; 09-29-2012 at 01:49 AM.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:59 AM   #47 (permalink)

Member Number: 59792

I haven't bought the '13 ttse yet and I knew this review was a dump. Reviewer is floal with vocab as the FJ is to off road.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #48 (permalink)
Forum Veteran

Member Number: 20503
Supporting Member

Quote:
FJ in PDX previously said: View Post
Isn't it about time this POS article disappeared off this forum?
x2. Whatever they put in that space on the front page of the forum, no matter how relevant or inane, seems to get old pretty quickly, but it stays there for many months past that point.

KF7LEH

2008 FJC Sandstorm, MT6, BFG TA/KO 265/70/17, Wrangler/Optima Dual Battery Setup, ARB Compressor, TRD S/C, OEM Sliders, Garvin Roof Rack, Icon Stage I, TRD QuickShifter, IMP shift knobs, Yaesu 7900R, Ricochet, MPAC, Engel 45, AT Fridge Box, Demello/Warn, LRA Tank. Coming: Demello Rear, SCS F5

1986 FJ60, White, H55F, BFG, Optima Dual Battery Setup, 5.7 Vortec, ARB Front Bumper, Kaymar Rear Bumper, WKOR Sliders, 42 Gallon Gas Tank, ARB Compressor, ARB Rear Locker, Old Man Emu, Garvin Roof Rack, Yaesu 7900R, Engel 45, AT Drawers/ Platinum fridge slide.
Old 10-16-2012, 06:36 PM   #49 (permalink)

Member Number: 61181

An Avalon owner must have written this. I come from a Full Size new body GMC Sierra, and the ride, the noise, and the stance is better in the FJ!
Old 12-16-2012, 04:46 PM   #50 (permalink)

Member Number: 61810

wind noise? i traded in an 08 wrangler for my fj. you haven't heard wind noise. and i'll take the engine noise too. at least my fj goes up hills.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Forums Site Functions > Toyota FJ Cruiser News

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.