Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: ToyTec Rocks! 3" Lift installed on 2011 FJ

Quote:
AtomHeart previously said: View Post
Those who have installed this kit, can I ask you how much lift you gained at the highest point of your roof rack? If the rear springs are a 2" lift, and the fronts go up about 3.5" to level the truck, what does that equate to at the roof rack? 2"?

I am sitting at 2.25" clearance above my rack in my garage right now, and I'm unclear as to whether this lift kit will fit or not. If anyone has any before and after measurements at their highest point, I would love to know. Thanks!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app
My garage has an 84" opening and I am about a 1/2in clearance at the highest point of my factory rack with D rated 285's. Kept ToyTec's factory settings on front coil overs.

AJONESER

2010 ARMY GREEN 4x4 AT

Unofficial Build Pics Link:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Tenaciou...eat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/1110559...eat=directlink

Wesayso Custom Air Dam - Trail Gear Sliders - Body Armor 4x4 Tail Light Guards - Aluminess Front Bumper w/Full Brush Guard - PIAA 520I Fogs - PIAA Dual Sports Horns - Light Racing UCA's - ToyTec Ultimate 3in Lift - Warn M8000 Winch - Yokahama Geo ATS LT285/70R17 on 17x9 Level 8 Strike Wheels - Scuba Mod - Cobra 75 WXST with Bandi and 3' firestik - Blacked Out - BMC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#72 (permalink) Old 02-25-2012, 06:22 AM
Forum Veteran

Yea, that looks like a no for me. So I can either get a lower roof rack for yet another $1400, or I can get a shorter lift for now.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

Eric
-----------------------------------------------
2012 Trail Teams Special Edition
285/75/16 Firestone Destination A/T Tires
Rough Country 3" Lift
Black-out Hood Decal
Body Mount Chop
Rockford Fosgate Punch speakers
#73 (permalink) Old 02-26-2012, 11:38 AM
Forum Veteran

Dont know if this helps, but the Toytecs are adjustable on the front coilovers. Not sure if they will help the rear. I thought the rears were 2" springs, so maybe.

Good Luck

Jay

2010 Silver. Toytec Ultimate 3", Light Racing UCA's, EXP One Diamond front bumper, Superwinch, PIAA fog lights
Z.O.R.T #56

Member of the 20%
#74 (permalink) Old 02-28-2012, 07:01 PM
Forum Veteran

Opps. I posted a thread on screwing up my install. I will keep the story short. backing up in a P-lot, heard some pop/bang sound. Drove forward and heard "pop, pop" stopped in the middle of the lot, got out, noticed my passenger front tire was bent inward towards the wheel well from the top. Somewhere while driving around, the nut that holds the large bolt in the UCA's came off. In the process the bolt backed out while in the p-lot. Causeing the lower end of the UCA to move inward towards the engine compartment.
I Want To Stress, This Was My Fault and NO FAULT OF TOYTEC OR LR UCA'S. I did not remember to torque the nut down when I finished totally my fault. I had two friends show up to help me. Got the bolt back in, slowly drove 2 miles home. Friend took me to Toyota I got a Large washer and a nut, put it back on.
I asked the question if anyone knows how much torque to use for the large bolt and nut. I got a answer of 85, sounds right to me. If anyone has any different info, please let me know.
I am such a idiot

Jay

2010 Silver. Toytec Ultimate 3", Light Racing UCA's, EXP One Diamond front bumper, Superwinch, PIAA fog lights
Z.O.R.T #56

Member of the 20%
#75 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 08:36 PM
Forum Veteran

Hey Hundy, sorry to hear about that....I need to check mine too. I also torqued those to 85 ft lbs.

AJONESER

2010 ARMY GREEN 4x4 AT

Unofficial Build Pics Link:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Tenaciou...eat=directlink
https://picasaweb.google.com/1110559...eat=directlink

Wesayso Custom Air Dam - Trail Gear Sliders - Body Armor 4x4 Tail Light Guards - Aluminess Front Bumper w/Full Brush Guard - PIAA 520I Fogs - PIAA Dual Sports Horns - Light Racing UCA's - ToyTec Ultimate 3in Lift - Warn M8000 Winch - Yokahama Geo ATS LT285/70R17 on 17x9 Level 8 Strike Wheels - Scuba Mod - Cobra 75 WXST with Bandi and 3' firestik - Blacked Out - BMC
#76 (permalink) Old 03-01-2012, 10:02 PM

Garage

TOYTEC rocks !!!!.......enjoy the ride my friend.

2010 Iceberg FJ 4x4

TOYTEC 3" Ultimate Lift
Black Steelies, Cooper Discoverer-STT 285/70/17
Black Handles
Go Pro HD
More to follow..........
#77 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 06:46 AM
Yogi Bear Pair up in Threes

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 565 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
hundy previously said: View Post
Opps. I posted a thread on screwing up my install. I will keep the story short. backing up in a P-lot, heard some pop/bang sound. Drove forward and heard "pop, pop" stopped in the middle of the lot, got out, noticed my passenger front tire was bent inward towards the wheel well from the top. Somewhere while driving around, the nut that holds the large bolt in the UCA's came off. In the process the bolt backed out while in the p-lot. Causeing the lower end of the UCA to move inward towards the engine compartment.
I Want To Stress, This Was My Fault and NO FAULT OF TOYTEC OR LR UCA'S. I did not remember to torque the nut down when I finished totally my fault. I had two friends show up to help me. Got the bolt back in, slowly drove 2 miles home. Friend took me to Toyota I got a Large washer and a nut, put it back on.
I asked the question if anyone knows how much torque to use for the large bolt and nut. I got a answer of 85, sounds right to me. If anyone has any different info, please let me know.
I am such a idiot

Jay
hey Jay, swap those nuts out for nylok nuts...
#78 (permalink) Old 03-02-2012, 06:40 PM
Forum Veteran

Tourqed the nut on the long UCA Bolt to 87 lbs/ft. and the the Large top nut on the UCA to 125 lbs/ft. I used blue lock-tite on the long bolt and nut. Marked the thread with a shapie, to monitor. I will probally keep checking them for a while.

Jay

Z.O.R.T #56

Member of the 20%
#79 (permalink) Old 03-07-2012, 03:51 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 160 Post(s)

Quote:
Pale Rider previously said: View Post
hey Jay, swap those nuts out for nylok nuts...
Amen. There have been days when I would have given up sliced bread to have nylocks on everything!

#80 (permalink) Old 03-09-2012, 10:30 AM
Forum Veteran

I am going to look into the nylock nuts. But so far, everything is working out great. But I will still look into those.

Thanks

Jay

Z.O.R.T #56

Member of the 20%

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Supporting Vendors > ToyTec Lifts

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.