Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Mojave road Apr. 11-12th 2015

2K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Woodsman 
#1 ·
My yearly "Mojave Road" trip on the way to vegas for NAB convention....

this year a fellow steadicam camera operator joined me in his beautiful 1978 FJ40....

I absolutely LOVE my ARB fridge. Not sure how I lived so long so far without one.

highly recommended.

We left LA very late in the day and so we got a late start on the trail, the tradeoff was that I got some awesome sunset shots and I got to use my new lights and drive at night for the first time ........ the lights enabled me to keep my speed up and get some miles under us with safety.

Here are the highlights .....

Start of the fun part....

See less See more
#2 ·
The mojave river crossing was deeper than I thought it would be due to the draught.

Eventually he did get a bit stuck ( he has street tires on it)

We reached the Travelers monument at night

set up camp 1 hr later trailside.....found a nice spot with an existing fire ring. love my new ARB awning

The moon came out and gave us a show

#4 ·
5 days later after all the Convention madness I took the New york mountain trail until it intersected with mojave road.....then I stopped by calico for a quick look at the "phillips loop" before heading back to LA.

Begining of the New york mountain trail....

Desert in full bloom

Turns out it is kind of a boring way into the mojave rd. but I wanted to try it.

I stopped at government holes for some "bumper breakfast" mmmmm

Zyzxx dry lake

#5 ·

Finally cam across some other travelers...

IN calico for a quick look at the "phillips loop" I had to start heading back.

then I finally got on pavement and went home.......the end of another great trip......

#6 ·
Wow so cool!

#8 ·
Been awhile since we've seen a Mojave Road write up.

Great pics !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.