Easter Jeep Safari-Moab - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Trail Runs/Get-Togethers Going offroad? Post it up here!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 11:55 AM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Easter Jeep Safari-Moab

Is anyone going? What days? What trails?

2007 Toyota FJ Cruiser Upgrade Package 1 w/sliders
Full Ricochet Skids, Allpro-(tail pipe, rear differential plate) Redline Skids, Shock Skids, Inchworm E-locker motor skid, Sonoran Steel lower control arms, Sonoran Steel 3" front lift, Toy Tec 2.5" rear coils w/ Daystar 1.5" spacer and N71 shocks, 255 80 17 BFG Mudders on black wheels, KC 8" driving lights mounted on stock front bumper, Magnaflow muffler, TRD CAI
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 12:11 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 596 Post(s)
Supporting Member
Easter Jeep Safari-Moab

Quote:
Bodi previously said: View Post
Is anyone going? What days? What trails?
I used to go to the Jeep safari but it has turned into Spring Break with mostly dudes crowding up the trails drinking cases of PBR. Way too crowded and out of control for me nowadays!

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

• 2007 Voodoo 6MT
  • AllPro Walker Evans lift
  • AllPro Uniball UCAs
  • Allpro Rear Lower Links
  • Allpro Roof Rack
  • LCNW Front Tube Bumper
  • LCNW Rear Tube Bumper
  • Warn 9.5 TI Winch with Syn Line
  • Stealth Custom Series Matte Bronze Wheels
  • 285 70 17 Duratracs
  • URD 6MT Quickshifter
#3 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 01:35 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Re: Easter Jeep Safari-Moab

Skip the EJS and do this a few weeks later... Cruise moab 2013 !!! ...it's a great time and if you want to learn how to drive the trails in Moab this is when you should go.

#4 (permalink) Old 01-21-2013, 10:15 PM
Forum Superstar

Location: Cortez, Colorado (2 Hours away from both the FJ Summit and Moab)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage

I will be going to Moab the week first weekend in April as well as to Cruise Moab. And that first weekend in April is a week after EJS so it will not be as crowded hopefully, and I'm be going with my Off-Roading Club we have here at UVU. So it will be fun!

FJX2000 - Hayden
2007 TRD Special Edition FJ Cruiser - SOLD

Go to my GARAGE or click here to see the STORM DAMAGE TRD build thread!

I will be on a mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints for 2 years starting Sept. 4, 2013. During that time, I will have no forum access so I wish you all the best and if you have a question about a thread I've done or my rig, refer to my build thread or see a moderator! See you in 2 years!

#5 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 08:14 PM
Dirty Old Man

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1413 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

Jeep Safari isn't that bad if you are signed up for the event and on an official run. They don't let you on the trail if you're drinking and they will have people picked up, even on the trail if they are doing stuff that is stupid. They must be doing something right too as this is the official 47th annual Safari.

When I die you can bury me beneath these Western Skies, Yippee-ay! (Chris LeDoux)
#6 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 09:44 PM
Forum Regular

(Thread Starter)

My son (10) has spring vacation so I decided to register for 3 days. Elephant Hill, Strike Ravine and Porcupine Rim, three trails I've never ran. I've spent a lot of time in Moab in the late 80"s and early 90's running the Spike, Rim, Kane Creek, Cliff Hanger, Hells Revenge, Behind the Rocks, Steel Bender, Metal Masher, Rusty Nail and others. That was back with a Jeep CJ7 running currie 9" w/detroits, 350 and a Turbo 400 and Metal Bumpers when I was Single. I stopped going over Easter because it just got to crowded but guess I will give it a try. I never heard of Cruise Moab so I might try it also.
Thanks

Full Ricochet Skids, Allpro-(tail pipe, rear differential plate) Redline Skids, Shock Skids, Inchworm E-locker motor skid, Sonoran Steel lower control arms, Sonoran Steel 3" front lift, Toy Tec 2.5" rear coils w/ Daystar 1.5" spacer and N71 shocks, 255 80 17 BFG Mudders on black wheels, KC 8" driving lights mounted on stock front bumper, Magnaflow muffler, TRD CAI
#7 (permalink) Old 01-22-2013, 09:49 PM
Dirty Old Man

Garage

Quote:
My son (10) has spring vacation so I decided to register for 3 days. Elephant Hill, Strike Ravine and Porcupine Rim, three trails I've never ran. I've spent a lot of time in Moab in the late 80"s and early 90's running the Spike, Rim, Kane Creek, Cliff Hanger, Hells Revenge, Behind the Rocks, Steel Bender, Metal Masher, Rusty Nail and others. That was back with a Jeep CJ7 running currie 9" w/detroits, 350 and a Turbo 400 and Metal Bumpers when I was Single. I stopped going over Easter because it just got to crowded but guess I will give it a try. I never heard of Cruise Moab so I might try it also.
Thanks
Elephant Hill was an awesome little run. I did Strike Ravine about 3 or 4 years ago in the FJ and it wasn't too bad. I did get high centered on a ledge though.... I was signed up for Porcupine Rim one year, but slept in and missed it which wasn't to bad as it snowed that night and it was a mess they said. I spent a lot of time down there in the later '90s early 2000s going to the Safari and I was a club member so I gunned on the trails. Lots of fun and I got to meet a lot of people over the years.

When I die you can bury me beneath these Western Skies, Yippee-ay! (Chris LeDoux)
#8 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 06:26 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 24 Post(s)

Quote:
Thanks
Nevermind my comment...it looks like you have been to Moab a few times.

I did Porcupine for the 1st time last year, it's a fun trail. There are some good obstacles that can give you a good challenge. The only thing I don't like about it is it's a "out and back", no loop, but that is a small thing not to like.

I did Strike Ravine on a whim as a group of us were heading back from Kane Creek earlier in the day. Great trail, some real good challenges. "Big Nasty" is a fun obstacle, it's at the very beginning so you will know what you will be in for the rest of the day. When you climb back out of the canyon there are some great views to be had, and the trail ends out at Area BFE so you can play out there if you want as well.

Look into Cruise Moab...Toyota crowd...you might like it... Cruise Moab - Toyota 4x4 event in Moab, UT
#9 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 08:52 PM
Forum Regular

(Thread Starter)

Thanks All,

I going to try to get down to Cruise Moab at least for 1 night. Thats the same reason I never ran Porcupine in the past but since its just the family and I really haven't ran the FJ on the rocks very much I want to have fun but be conservative. I enjoyed Moab when I used to go but honestly I had more fun the couple years I lived in CO running Holy Cross, Wheeler Lake, Green Ridge, Ellis Jeep Trail Mountain Trail and numerous others I cant remember. If you guys know of any good trails in UT let me know? AF Canyon is about all I've found in Utah. I would like to have joined the Kokapelli Trail run last Spring that some guys on the Forum put together but work got in the way.

#10 (permalink) Old 01-23-2013, 09:59 PM
Dirty Old Man

Garage

Quote:
Thanks All,

I going to try to get down to Cruise Moab at least for 1 night. Thats the same reason I never ran Porcupine in the past but since its just the family and I really haven't ran the FJ on the rocks very much I want to have fun but be conservative. I enjoyed Moab when I used to go but honestly I had more fun the couple years I lived in CO running Holy Cross, Wheeler Lake, Green Ridge, Ellis Jeep Trail Mountain Trail and numerous others I cant remember. If you guys know of any good trails in UT let me know? AF Canyon is about all I've found in Utah. I would like to have joined the Kokapelli Trail run last Spring that some guys on the Forum put together but work got in the way.
Check out the UT section Bodi. They are trying to get some runs together for the summer for expedition style 3 day trips. Others will be getting together for some runs too like the Pony Express Trail, the Railroad, etc. Might even get a run together in the Uintas and follow them up to the Flaming Gorge just south of me or a trip in the Mountains up north if anyone wants to make a long run up this way.

There is also a Meet & Greet & Eat on Saturday in Layton.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > Trail Runs/Get-Togethers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.