JustRuns Socal Off road club - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Trail Runs/Get-Togethers Going offroad? Post it up here!

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-25-2017, 04:27 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
JustRuns Socal Off road club

A few of us from FJcruiserforums.com recently joined this club and I wanted to take a second to tell everyone about my experience.

Last weekend, myself and 5 other FJers from the forums joined JustRuns and went on their 1000th run in the Anza area. Coyote Canyon to be exact. What an awesome group of people. This was the first time we had all met each other. There was 29 vehicles on this run, way more than normal apparently but everyone I met was incredibly nice. I had the great opportunity to meet a bunch of guys and their significant others from the forums but also made some new friends in this club.
Roger Mullens, the president, started the club about 15 years ago when he got sick on the clickiness of the other clubs in the area. He told me he wanted to create a club where anyone would feel welcome. And he did just that. I dont know about the rest of you, but I certainly have gotten sick of listening to non-Toyota drivers blab on and on about the superiority of their make of vehicle... So had Roger. In JustRuns, they are all about getting out and playing in the dirt. There were Jeeps, FJs, a Bronco, a 70s Full size Chevy pickup and others...everyone had a great time together.
I encourage, anyone in the Socal area to check out and join JustRuns. As a club they do about 6 runs a month and all you have to do is show up for the run at the meeting place with a ham radio and a first aid kit in your rig.
Check out JustRuns.com if you're interested in getting out and meeting some cool new people.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions. I'm not part of the leadership but as someone that has joined and done a run, I may be able to help answer your questions.

2008 Black FJ
Exterior:Pro Comp rims, 305/70/R16 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ, TRD intake, TRD Exhaust, 2 Baja rack dual 5 gallon Jerry Can holder for fuel and water, Bullet Liner doors, hood and roof, blacked out turn signals, clear tail lights, 2in squadron lights, 50in curved light bar ARB compressor, Total Chaos 2" Long Travel w/King coilovers, King Extended Travel Rear Shocks. Interior: USB chargers, 4in foam sleeping pad, net pet barrier, passenger arm rest added, Ram mount for iPad Nav
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 03:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Yes... I agree, it was a good run.. glad I went.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170422_120918_1493241919299.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	2.76 MB
ID:	870673  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 07:12 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

(Thread Starter)
Re: JustRuns Socal Off road club

Quote:
FRod previously said: View Post
Hey! You're from Chula Vista right? I think you were the only FJ owner that I didnt have the opportunity to talk to very much. Do you go wheeling in that area often?

2008 Black FJ
Exterior:Pro Comp rims, 305/70/R16 Mickey Thompson Baja ATZ, TRD intake, TRD Exhaust, 2 Baja rack dual 5 gallon Jerry Can holder for fuel and water, Bullet Liner doors, hood and roof, blacked out turn signals, clear tail lights, 2in squadron lights, 50in curved light bar ARB compressor, Total Chaos 2" Long Travel w/King coilovers, King Extended Travel Rear Shocks. Interior: USB chargers, 4in foam sleeping pad, net pet barrier, passenger arm rest added, Ram mount for iPad Nav
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 09:00 PM

Quote:
760JVRFJ previously said: View Post
Quote:
Hey! You're from Chula Vista right? I think you were the only FJ owner that I didnt have the opportunity to talk to very much. Do you go wheeling in that area often?

I try to get out as much as possible. Not as often as I would like. I think I was watching you in my rear view mirror on our way back. You where in that black fj right ?.. you where easily going through that alternate trail..lol

This Sunday I'm gonna try heading out to Anza.. through Fish Creek wash to wind caves, the hike to wind caves should be interesting because it's gonna be hot.. if it's to hot, I'm just gonna explore that area ... Before May is over, hope I can go to mud caves , than the slot.. and explore corral canyon... at least that's the plan...lol

Last edited by FRod; 04-26-2017 at 09:03 PM.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 09:58 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
I try to get out as much as possible. Not as often as I would like. I think I was watching you in my rear view mirror on our way back. You where in that black fj right ?.. you where easily going through that alternate trail..lol

This Sunday I'm gonna try heading out to Anza.. through Fish Creek wash to wind caves, the hike to wind caves should be interesting because it's gonna be hot.. if it's to hot, I'm just gonna explore that area ... Before May is over, hope I can go to mud caves , than the slot.. and explore corral canyon... at least that's the plan...lol
Yes sir! That was me in the black FJ. Ive been eager to stretch the new long travel suspension so I was looking for obstacles I would have typically avoided in the past. Lol. I wish I could have seen it from your point of view.. I'm so curious what it looks like...

Thats awesome! The mud caves are super cool. I enjoyed the ride out there. I only remember there being one area that required 4wd, so its a pretty leisurely drive. I haven't been to the wind caves though. You have some pretty cool spots planned out. We are doing a trip from Yuma to Anza in the end of May. Sort of overlanding adventure for the weekend. Hopefully the people are as cool as everyone was in the JustRuns group.

2008 Black FJ
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Yes sir! That was me in the black FJ. Ive been eager to stretch the new long travel suspension so I was looking for obstacles I would have typically avoided in the past. Lol. I wish I could have seen it from your point of view.. I'm so curious what it looks like...

Thats awesome! The mud caves are super cool. I enjoyed the ride out there. I only remember there being one area that required 4wd, so its a pretty leisurely drive. I haven't been to the wind caves though. You have some pretty cool spots planned out. We are doing a trip from Yuma to Anza in the end of May. Sort of overlanding adventure for the weekend. Hopefully the people are as cool as everyone was in the JustRuns group.
Well.... From my point of view, your FJ body wasn't moving as much as ours... I was thinking damn, he's picking some good lines, I forgot you have that sweet suspension setup..

Anyway, if your ever in the spur of the moment to go explore some trails and don't have someone to join you, email me , chances are I'll go .. I kinda like the more challenging trails... The kind that stress you out, thinking "oh man, I got myself in a jam now".. Than the thrill of making it out..lol

Rubicon trail and Moab are the two I'm setting my sites on.. hopefully my FJ will be ready whenever I go ...
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 10:23 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
Well.... From my point of view, your FJ body wasn't moving as much as ours... I was thinking damn, he's picking some good lines, I forgot you have that sweet suspension setup..

Anyway, if your ever in the spur of the moment to go explore some trails and don't have someone to join you, email me , chances are I'll go .. I kinda like the more challenging trails... The kind that stress you out, thinking "oh man, I got myself in a jam now".. Than the thrill of making it out..lol

Rubicon trail and Moab are the two I'm setting my sites on.. hopefully my FJ will be ready whenever I go ...
Thanks for the feedback! What I lack in driving ability the suspension makes up for. Lol. It definitely helped to keep all for tires on the ground. What suspension are you running? I didnt get a chance to look.
I definitely will. I do get a little bored on the easy BLM trails a bit. I'll hit you up for sure! Doing something a little more challenging would be fun!

2008 Black FJ
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 04-26-2017, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Thanks for the feedback! What I lack in driving ability the suspension makes up for. Lol. It definitely helped to keep all for tires on the ground. What suspension are you running? I didnt get a chance to look.
I definitely will. I do get a little bored on the easy BLM trails a bit. I'll hit you up for sure! Doing something a little more challenging would be fun!
I'm running a 3" total chaos lift . but that long travel is sweet and is something in the future for my FJ... Along with 35 tires and who knows when I'll stop.. lol
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 12:46 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage

I am in!

I saw a movie once where only the police and military had guns-
It was called Schindler's List

http://www.cgssa.org/

http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/

http://www.crpa.org/

http://home.nra.org/
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 03:33 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Garage

So I don`t have a ham radio but I have a CB is that good enough?

Steve 07 FJ with almost enough mods

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > Trail Runs/Get-Togethers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.