Air Bags in Rear Coils - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Trailers and Towing Tech This sub-section is the place to discuss all things trailer and towing related.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 12:26 AM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Air Bags in Rear Coils

has any tried out the Firestone Air rear suspension kit? or perhaps Air Lift?
I was just wondering what the end results were... did it fix the sag? any problems

Thanks for the help!

REBEL OFF ROAD

2010 Iceberg. Total Chaos +2 Long Travel Kit. King 2.5 Coilovers with Compression Adjusters up Front. Icon Rear Springs. King Shocks with Resi in Rear. Borla XR-1. HID Headlights 8000K. TRD Cold Air Intake. AirRaid Thottle Body Spacer. Method Race Wheel NVs All Black. Toyo 35x12.50. Rigid Industries Grille with D2s. A pillar mounted D2s. Rigid Industries Light Roof Rack Light Bar. Spare Tire Rotopax Mount. CB Radio. Race Radio. Race Siren.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 04:58 AM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
I have had my Air Lift bags in the spring for well over 3 years now with no problems
I have them so when towing my bass boat it doesn't squat

I keep them aired up at 5 psi all the time

Sent from my iPhone using AutoGuide.com App

07 Black Cherry 4x4
BBS RD-6 Wheels SET Style.Nitto LT305/55/20
Painted Black Cherry Grille with billet grille
ARB Bumper With Hella 500's
Garmin Nuvi 765t/XM Sky-Fi 2 mounted on left side dash
Custom overhead console with Quad map lights from A Blazer
Bilstiens 5100 at 2.75 Front/Air Lift 1000 rear air bags
Wilson Lil'l will on custom spare tire rack mount/Cobra 75wxt
K&N Drop in filter
Slew of roof rack lights!(Cant afford the LED one right now)
Almost Stock for now

In Ten years nobody will remember the details of Caliber,Stance or Tactics.They will only remember who lived. NRA Life member

In a world where seconds counts,the police will be there in minutes
#3 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 05:18 AM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Re: Air Bags in Rear Coils

I have a set in mine that I took out of a Tahoe. They work great even just when carrying loads on the roof rack. Well worth it for a $100. I also keep a minimum of 5psi.

ARB bumper with fogs, ARB roof rack with mesh floor, XRC8 winch with blue syntheic line, okoffroad fairlead, 35/12.50/17 Toyo MTs on Stock wheels with spidertrax spacers, body mount chop, 3" spacer lift with monotube extended length rear shocks, Hella 8" HID, 6000k HID headlights, 4" roof lights, 100watt flood back up lights, Hi Lift with custom mount, black out, Electric exhaust cutout, allpro rock sliders, ASFIR aluminum skids, onboard air with 5 gallon tank and train horn.
#4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2012, 07:33 AM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to loup407 Send a message via Skype™ to loup407
Lifetime Supporting Member

I installed mine a month ago. Haven't had a chance to try them with the trailer hooked up. I also am running 5 psi in them without a load.

Titanium 4x4 MT6, OF, CQ, UR, black TRD wheels, TRD Exhaust, TRD CAI, TRD Quikshifter kit, Man-A-Fre skids, Gobi Stealth with Fourtreks Hi-Lift and axe/shovel mounts, Icon coilovers/Icon 2.5 and ToyTec Rear Coils, Firestone airbags, ARB front and rear bumper, Warn VR10000, BFG MT 255/85/16, ARB dual compressor, Cobra 75WXST CB with Bandi Mount, National Luna Dual Battery setup, Man-a-Fre aux fuel tank, sPod electrical management, Toyota Gen 6 Nav system, LED light bar, A/T Horizon trailer, Colorado plates.
#5 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 02:18 PM
Forum Regular

(Thread Starter)

okay cool now here is another question... Do you have an air compressor hooked up to your truck or how do you air them up and down? also will they still work if I have the 2X4?

REBEL OFF ROAD

2010 Iceberg. Total Chaos +2 Long Travel Kit. King 2.5 Coilovers with Compression Adjusters up Front. Icon Rear Springs. King Shocks with Resi in Rear. Borla XR-1. HID Headlights 8000K. TRD Cold Air Intake. AirRaid Thottle Body Spacer. Method Race Wheel NVs All Black. Toyo 35x12.50. Rigid Industries Grille with D2s. A pillar mounted D2s. Rigid Industries Light Roof Rack Light Bar. Spare Tire Rotopax Mount. CB Radio. Race Radio. Race Siren.
#6 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 02:55 PM
Forum Regular

Quote:
GabeRmrz previously said: View Post
okay cool now here is another question... Do you have an air compressor hooked up to your truck or how do you air them up and down? also will they still work if I have the 2X4?
I made a hose with a valve so i can transfer air from my spare tire to my bags. It doesnt take much. I have onboard air as well but didnt plumb it together for simplicities sake.

4x2 or 4x4 doesnt matter, same bags. If you are planning to use them to lift or level your vehicle without a load it will be bouncy. I keep 7 lbs in mine when i dont have a load to eliminate body roll. Much more and the ride starts getting ouncy.

Last edited by hobojon; 11-17-2012 at 05:22 PM.
#7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 04:45 PM
Forum Regular

(Thread Starter)

I was planning on using them when I tow my trailer or put my motorcycle on the back, to pick up the sag.

what about using this with 1.5" lift springs?

REBEL OFF ROAD

#8 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 05:20 PM
Forum Regular

Quote:
GabeRmrz previously said: View Post
I was planning on using them when I tow my trailer or put my motorcycle on the back, to pick up the sag.

what about using this with 1.5" lift springs?
Im using them with 1.5" spacers. No problems.
#9 (permalink) Old 11-17-2012, 11:04 PM
Forum Regular

(Thread Starter)

what is the difference between 1.5 lift coils and 1.5" spacers?

REBEL OFF ROAD

#10 (permalink) Old 11-18-2012, 01:29 AM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I'm running AirLift 1000s in my rear springs and they're great!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Trailers and Towing Tech

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.