Take 2.. M101A2 Trailer, camping project.... - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
Trailers and Towing Tech This sub-section is the place to discuss all things trailer and towing related.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
#1 (permalink) Old 10-01-2009, 09:20 PM
Forum Superstar
Space Invaders Champion

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Take 2.. M101A2 Trailer, camping project....

OK picked this one up on Friday. Sold my old trailer. This one tracks nicer behind the FJ, but the brakes need to be adjusted. It hops when I brake a harder.

So we got our guest passes to get on the base (Fort Lewis), drove thru the gate and went to the DRMO area, didn't see anyone around.... Went to the scale, where I thought I had to get weighed... No one at the scale house..... WOW.... There was a vehicle with tracks (tank lookin vehicle) that Mrs Chewey and Mini Chewey went to go check out... I gave the dude who called me the day before, since his number was still in my phone. He told me to go ahead to my trailer, since I knew where it was at, and grab it. After about an hour laster we were getting the wiring set up, swapping out the bulbs to 12V, then we heard some vehicle coming... Our first sign to life!!!! It looked like a machine that tows planes. Dude got out and said his boss wanted him to come out and check on us, we had been there about an hour since we called.. He asked if we wanted anything else.... In that pic above you notice that the front rail is missing.... I asked if he and one of those, he told me no BUT that he had the 2 tailgate pieces that I can make into a front rail... SWEET!!! I also asked if he had any bows (the rib lookin things). He told me yes, he has some in the scrap.... After he came back with those items, he looked at me and said.... I got something else..... I looked at him and asked.... CANVAS????? He smiled and winked, I will be right back!!!! He brought the canvas back and told me... If anyone asks, those items were already in your trailer..... YES SIR!!!!!!! I got an extra couple of hundred of dollars of things for free!!!!! Hell YEAH!!!!!!

Full Trailer setup.... Yeah buddy!!!!

Behind the FJ!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	NewTrailerResize.JPG
Views:	8357
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	32690   Click image for larger version

Name:	NewTrailerresize2.JPG
Views:	6946
Size:	43.0 KB
ID:	32691  
Attached Images

[YOUTUBE]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPzUx...eature=related

A cross between quasimoto and the elephant man..... But only the good parts!!!!!

Hello chewey46 it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 08:54 PM
Forum Superstar
Space Invaders Champion

(Thread Starter)
Re: Take 2.. M101A2 Trailer, camping project....

I haven't done much yet.... The only thing I have done, I got some grade 5 bolts and drilled the holes for the rear stablizing jack.... I need to figure out how to get the lights straighter...... The wiring needs to be replaced. Not sure what happened but this wiring is trashed, unlike my other trailer.

[YOUTUBE]

A cross between quasimoto and the elephant man..... But only the good parts!!!!!

Hello chewey46 it appears that you have not posted on our forums in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums?
#3 (permalink) Old 10-23-2009, 09:34 PM
Forum Superstar
Space Invaders Champion

(Thread Starter)

The Bolts that I drilled holes for to mount the rear stabilizing jack.

They are centered

Mounting Plate

Mounting plate and jack together.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Bolts.JPG
Views:	6218
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	32963   Click image for larger version

Name:	Bolts2.JPG
Views:	6544
Size:	26.0 KB
ID:	32964   Click image for larger version

Name:	JackMountPlate.JPG
Views:	6204
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	32965   Click image for larger version

Name:	JacknPlate.JPG
Views:	6340
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	32966  

[YOUTUBE]

#4 (permalink) Old 10-24-2009, 05:30 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Bostonian1976
Lifetime Supporting Member

that thing is awesome!

MT6 Titanium

ARB roof rack, BFG AT KO's, Demello sliders, skid (bling) plate, TRD exhaust, VIP, UR2, and side airbags.

--
'64 Land Rover Series IIa Station Wagon

--

Come to the 2008 FJ Summit!! http://www.fjsummit.org
#5 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 01:02 PM
Forum Superstar
Space Invaders Champion

(Thread Starter)

I have figured out why I see all these trailers on their tongues while in the military yards...

Water builds up between the ribs and the canvas (Tarp) sags in those spots and stretchs the canvas.... Which will make them rig.... I have my trailer resting on the tongue and no water build up..... Not like it rains in the Seattle area or anything.......

Will take pics later......

[YOUTUBE]

#6 (permalink) Old 11-13-2009, 01:05 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 10 Post(s)

Got to love the freebies

08 Sandstorm, CQ, OF, C7, CF, All Wthr Mats, TG Sliders, Extra Horn, Tundra Handles, Wet Okole Seat Covers, Springtail M-PAC HD Side Rack, Basket and Backdoor Rack, S A Fuse Block, IPF 968, LED's under hood, extra 12v outlets, FJTOYMAN's rear shock skids, Scuba Mod, IronMan Front Coils/ToyTec Rear Coils, Bilsteins, ToyTec Swaybar Relo Kit, IMP Shift & Tcase knobs, BudBuilt Skids, Demello/EXp1 Bumpers, 10lb Powertank, Viper Max 12k Winch with Amsteel Synth Line, BajaRack, Hella Marine Flood Lights on rack, Fourtreks Hi-Lift and tool mounts Dennx Design Rear Storage Box, SPC LR UCAs, Bandi Body Lift & BMC
TLCA #19565
GCLC #2128
http://www.fjnortheasters.org
#7 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 10:15 AM
fka trailman

Garage
Send a message via AIM to capt._bucko

thats pretty sweet. you know what sucks is that i work for thr n.y.s.d.o.t on long island and in our yard we have two of those just rotting away and i cant do anything about it. i wish i could "borrow" it. by rotting i mean they are in good shape but one is better then the other ya know. man this sucks i wish i could get one

trail team edition, M-PAC Rack, satellite radio, garmin gps, 2 M-81 storage box,homemade shelf, led puck lights,replaced dome lights with leds. 2 Pro Comp Motorsports H11 Driving Lights. tinted windows, trailgear sliders,cobra cb with a bandi mount and fire fly ant,vent shades. Removable sleep platform blacked out emblems, gobi ladder, 2- 5x7 procomp lights installed on a tuffy light bar. 2 LEDs under the radio. Custom side rack with fire extinguisher and a 10lb power tank.

#8 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 10:53 AM
Forum Regular

That sucks that they're just sitting there unused. There HAS to be a way to obtain one (legally of course ). Call up Bloomberg.
#9 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 06:28 PM
fka trailman

Garage
Send a message via AIM to capt._bucko

Quote:
smurph previously said: View Post
That sucks that they're just sitting there unused. There HAS to be a way to obtain one (legally of course ). Call up Bloomberg.
i would be he is the city mayor silly. unfortunately i would have to deal with the blind idiot paterson. i gotta think about this one

trail team edition, M-PAC Rack, satellite radio, garmin gps, 2 M-81 storage box,homemade shelf, led puck lights,replaced dome lights with leds. 2 Pro Comp Motorsports H11 Driving Lights. tinted windows, trailgear sliders,cobra cb with a bandi mount and fire fly ant,vent shades. Removable sleep platform blacked out emblems, gobi ladder, 2- 5x7 procomp lights installed on a tuffy light bar. 2 LEDs under the radio. Custom side rack with fire extinguisher and a 10lb power tank.

#10 (permalink) Old 11-14-2009, 07:38 PM
Forum Veteran

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Hagan Send a message via MSN to Hagan Send a message via Skype™ to Hagan

looking great , keep up the good work !

"Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans"

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > Trailers and Towing Tech

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.