Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

2014 FJ Cruiser Trail Teams Ultimate Edition, 5600 miles (Dallas)

9K views 19 replies 14 participants last post by  Luthier-Atlanta 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought my FJ at the end of last October, it is always babied and kept in garage since day 1. It's my second FJ, used to have a 07.

The reason I am selling is that I have a baby girl coming soon, I figured out that I will not have time to enjoy it. And my in-laws are also coming to stay with us for a year, so we decided to sell it to get something more family friendly.

5600 miles, almost all highway miles. I live right next to the tollway and drive 20 mins to work. Everything is stock, except the steps I added to the TRD rock rail.

Priced at 40500, pretty firm at this time. I took it to Subaru Dealer for a trade-in quote, they offered me $37,000, and that's $2300 tax credit.

See less See more
#3 ·
A shame you are getting rid of it. My daughter is growing up in the FJ (she's six now) and we stuff the in-laws in there too. Thought about getting rid of it at one point (actually this was in my '08) but decided not to. Well...we did but only after we bought the '13 TT! ;) We dealt with whatever issues and glad we did. We manage and are glad we kept it. The fun we have with it is not worth getting rid of it for me.

Basically, IMO mind you, maybe just keep it for a while and see if it really is that much of an issue before you get rid of it and perhaps regret you did. ;)

#4 ·
Thank you Tstormin. I am in Dallas, and I am willing to pick up serious buyer from DFW airport in weekends.

I regretted immediately after I sold my 07 FJ, that's why I bought this 14 TT. It took me so long to made up my mind to post it here. If I do sell it, I guess I can return to the offroad world with TRD pro 4runner some day.

#7 ·
Dealer called me yesterday offering to put me in a new 4Runner with a lower payment if I would trade in my FJ. I doubt he was thinking of the TRD pro
however. Elected to keep the FJ! I want to see some heavily modded 4Runners before I go that route. I have to admit I like the look of the FJ; it looks like it's built to go off-road.

#19 ·
Good decision. I got a 5 months old baby and a 10 year old daughter. And my in laws is here for 6 months. They fit at the back. But when we have a long trip. I just rent a van on weekly basis. Much cheaper. No registration, no added insurance, and no maintenance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.