Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

FJ 2011 Trail Teams Overlanding Edtion ***SOLD***

17K views 44 replies 20 participants last post by  ZUNAMI1 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
SOLD SOLD SOLD!!!

2011 FJ Cruiser Trail Teams edition #339 of only 2,500 ever made. Comes complete with Trail Teams badges, blacked out trim and match painted roof.

- 4.0L V6 auto, 4WD

- TRD pkg power windows, locks, tilt, cruise, AC, CD/MP3 player, TRD alloy wheels, keyless entry, remote start and much much more

- Green and black with Green and black custom matching seets and dash interior,
-CB mount and receiver- brand new
-Road Armour bumper- Works great! This thing is heavy duty.
-Top of the line Warn Zeon Platinum 10k# winch with synthetic line.
-LED bar custom fitted into hood, looks and works great!
-Custom low profile flat roof rack, perfect for mounting a Roof Top Tent. or hauling Anything!
-Will consider selling Roof Top tent with FJ.
-Many Many MANY more extras....

- Brand new Maxxis Trepador offroad tires $$$

135,000 miles, Brand New Engine has less than <20,000 miles on it. Runs like new!
New windshield, new brakes, very well taken care of!

Imagine owning an FJ that runs to 400k miles, with this new engine it's totally possible!

This is a one of a kind FJ.

PRICE DROP $25,000. (as of July 7)

-Serious Inquiries only

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Re: FJ 2011 Trail Teams Overlanding Edtion

I'm also selling the Roof Top Tent and Baja Roof rack pictured, separately if necessary from the FJ

The Maggiolina tent is the Black Storm edition in "Dark Carbon" color- as most of the tents are white this was a special order from Italy.
The Baja Rack is the Utility 51" wide flat rack- This tent fits perfectly on this rack and can be installed and removed with a matter of four U-bolts on the underside of the roof top tent.
Keep in mind this rack is low profile and lower than the stock FJ roof rack- This keeps the tent in the same airstream as the FJ, not catching unnecessary wind when mounted up high on Thule racks which is common.

Tent is in near perfect condition- the mattress has even been improved with added memory foam requiring custom stitching. Reviews of this brand of tent show that people are still using it 20 years after purchase with issues to report, if taken care of this tent can last a lifetime.
This tent has two air rams that when the latches are popped the lid lifts on its own- Super handy.
-Also comes with an extending aluminum ladder
-This tent is bulletproof and has never let me down- from camping in the heat of the desert to staying toasty in low teens with 3' of snow on the ground.
-Being up, off the ground is also a comfort that is immediately recognized once you spend a night up here- feels much safer (from animals or strangers walking around)

While I'd prefer not to sell the tent until After I've sold my FJ- I'd entertain an offer of $4,000 for both.

FJ with Maggiolina tent- $30,000
FJ without RTT - $27,000

New engine has only 15,000 miles on it. NOT a rebuild.

#5 ·

Curious why it needed a new motor? GLWS that's a sweet set up.
Long story short:

Lube shop screwed up an oil change and didn't replace the engine oil drain plug gasket. :mecry: Their insurance paid out and $8k and month later I now have a brand new engine in the FJ @ 120k miles. :rocker:

#6 · (Edited)

A few things worth mentioning:

-Security system and remote start up to 500 yards away
-Fox Racing shocks upgrade
-6" lift in rear with stiff springs, ~3+" lift in front after road armor bumper sag.
-Comes with subwoofer and built in power inverter in rear.
-Matching Interior seats! looks slick and hides dirt well.

All maintenance has been meticulously kept up and recently done: diff flush, new brake pads, oil change... the whole shebang!

Currently located in Bozeman, Montana.

Attachments

#10 · (Edited)

PRICE DROP $27,000
$30,000 with Maggiolina Air top tent included and Baja roof rack.

Engine has only 15k miles on it, FJ has approx. $7k in accessories on it and $1,800 in brand new tires. Tell your friends who have always been jealous of your ride that this thing is on the market!

Attachments

#13 · (Edited)

Those are the 35" Maxxis Trepadors. Will take you Anywhere you want to go, but pretty spendy. $$$

Same tires they used on the 2015 Land Rover Defender in the Bond movie Spectre.

First person with $30,000 is getting a great rig!

Attachments

#14 ·

Gave her a bath today and hoping she can go to a new home soon, I've got my eye on a 4x4 Sprinter.

PLEASE NOTE: The winch is top of the line- a Warn Zeon 10-S, it has a tremendous 10,000# capacity with a synthetic line that saves you weight, looks badass and doesn't come with all those fun metal splinters from traditional winch cable.

Enjoy.

Attachments

#15 ·

First person with three stacks of high society gets to take home this great adventure rig.:rocker: I'll be taking it down to the Overland Expo West in Flagstaff May 20-22 for sale.

Brand new engine has <20k miles on it, comes with ALL the accessories- roof rack, Maggiolina RTT ($4,000!), Warn winch, CB and spare gas can. $30,000

-Bodie

Attachments

#16 ·

I have an 11 TT with only 18k miles and set up nicely and no desire to part with it; but really like those tires, which look to be on stock TRD wheels that came on truck? Love the tread design on those tires which look like they'd take you anywhere? What size and don't recognize Maxis as brand?

#20 ·

Hi Bodie,

How do you know what build number it is?

How far have you gone with the two wheerler on the bumper and how does it handle? I get flashed brite lights if I carry too many tools in the back....

Weren't the green's designated TT NSSE? Was that all or some? I remember after the tsunami they were a scramble over there, so some never got the full dress.

I love it. I was offered to sell my 2010 TTSE last week and if I do it, I'll take a look. I would have mine like what you have done if I could find the ambition. Where do I fly into see it?

#21 · (Edited)

Build number is found on the black production plate on the drivers door, if it's a TT edition it'll be bottom right.
There were quite a few NotSoSpecialEditions produced in 2011, this is #339 of 2,500 Trail Team Editions that year.
This one has the inclinometer, compass and the inverter and subwoofer in back.

I've solved the rear weight issue with adjustable rear air bags inside the shocks, it levels out my rig when fully loaded.
I air them up when I carry my 500lb motorcycle and my headlights don't bother anyone- they were certainly aimed up into oncoming traffic before this mod!
FJ handles great even with a huge enduro on the back, I've hauled it tens of thousands of miles and it handles great- I'm much happier with a hitch rack rather than dealing with a trailer.

FJ is on my sale lot in beautiful Bozeman, Montana. Come take a look and get some great world renowned fly-fishing in while you're here!

If I sell it this week, I'll take another $1,000 off and sell it for $25,000!!!

-Bodie

Attachments

#24 ·

Hi nice rig, I have the factory army green version 2011 TT without modification. Did change out the TRD wheel to aluminum Remington wheels. Have the same factory options as you have on yours and mine was made just after yours number 342. I have 33,000 miles on mine here in Miami FL. I have never had it in four wheel drive. My dealer says it is not a problem to never use or place in 4X4, but someone told me that it should be driven from time to time for lubrication. Mine is next to mint and am thinking about listing it for sale. What would be a starting price for a low mileage, excellent condition, no scratches, dents or damage vehicle of this type.

Richard

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.