Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

The TRD Skid plate from the 14 Ultimate edition is here!

11K views 26 replies 16 participants last post by  Ningabe 
#1 ·
NEW! TRD Skid Plate for FJ Cruiser! 2010-14 (PT938-00140) :rocker:

•Enhances vehicle’s tough, capable stance
•Helps protect vehicle underbody from damage that can result from flying stones, branches, ice chunks and other types of road debris
•Made from stamped and formed 1/4-in.-thick silver powder-coated aluminum
•Skid plate won’t interfere with or block the cooling system, while providing cut outs for unobstructed access to all maintenance points and vehicle tow hooks
•Engineered to help prevent vibration stress and noise issues while ensuring no compromises to vehicle performance systems
•Easy, no-drill installation uses vehicle’s existing attachment mounts
1/4" Aluminum Functional Skid Plate.

Powder Coated in Silver with TRD logo.
This is a REAL skid plate!
This skid plate conflicts with the KDSS sway bar system.

This part fits the following vehicles:
Toyota: FJ Cruiser 2010 - 2014
Toyota: 4runner 2014-2015
click below to link:

NEW! TRD Skid Plate for FJ Cruiser! 2010-14 PT938-00140

See less See more
#3 ·
Hello,
Does this price include the mounting hardware? I've seen some sites sell that separately.

Thanks

#4 ·
The mounting hardware came with mine.

#6 ·
Thanks!

#10 ·
^
I ordered mine yesterday. It has to be removed to change the oil !!!

My 07 factory skid plate requires the same !!! :cheers:

#14 ·
In what way does this reduce vibration stress? And if it only fits +10's and there's no oil filter cut out, how is maintenance access unobstructed?:angel

#15 ·
how is maintenance access unobstructed?
^

Bolch, the skid is blocking access to the oil filter. If you didn't know any better, after looking for the oil filter, you would think does this FJ have an oil filter ?

You have to remove the skid to see the oil filter and to remove it ! :wink

#19 ·
I think I will stick with my RCI skids...

#21 ·
We installed ours last night and had the same problem. The rear bolts that were included are too long. We did the same and reused the bolts we took off to install it.

Otherwise, I'm very happy with it. It arrived quickly and I like how it looks on the iceberg white. It seems durable enough for my needs. Plus, I was able to use their discount code to save some $$.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.