Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

RCI Spring Armor Group Buy

38K views 240 replies 130 participants last post by  fnx 
#1 ·
Hey everyone! With summer quickly approaching as well as the numerous events and trips we are all going to be gearing up for, we thought it might be a good time to start preparing for the next FJ forum group buy to help you get ready!

We will open up the Spring group buy once we have put together at least 25 buyers, so if there is anything you have had your eye on, let me know and I'll get a list going!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Oh man I was waiting for a few weeks but I didn't think you were going to do a spring group buy so I pulled the trigger on a rear diff skid on Monday. It doesn't look like it has shipped yet though. Any chance I can get in on the group buy if/when we have 25 people?

#3 ·
I need to get the front LCA and rear diff skids
put me down for those if the group buy happens

#15 ·
I bought an A-Arm, lower link, transmission, and transfer case skids from the last RCI group buy. Except for the A-Arm & lower link skids, I just installed them lately (March 23). I like them a lot but would just like to share the following issues I encountered:

1. The A-Arm skid won't fit with my OEM TRD aluminum skid in place.
2. I have to remove my OEM engine skid in order to fit the transmission skid. So currently, I have the OEM TRD aluminum front skid plate, no engine skid/protection, but with both the transmission and transfer case skids installed.
3. I am hesitant to install the lower link skid since I don't want to drill holes and/or weld the lower link skid to the frame. I haven't come up with an alternative to this.

I will take photos to illustrate my current set up for the information of others, so you will be guided accordingly. I have a 2014 TTUE all stock with upgraded LCA (Metaltech), Upper Control Arm (Rokmen) and a BF KO2 285/75R/16 tires.

I will message and email Josh to consult him on this and will request for recommendations.

Good luck to the group buy. RCI is a highly refutable vendor in the FJC community. And Josh responds appropriately to any queries you might have.

#16 ·
I'm very intrested in the rear diff skid? Do you know what the price will be?

#17 ·
I was looking at Ricochets complete aluminum package...
pulled this list off their website

Heavy duty front bash plate & engine Skid,
transmission skid plate,
transfer case skid plate,
fuel tank skid plate,
supporting crossmember,
control arm guards,

if this also included the list of lower link armor and diff armor which they did not in the package I'd be curious what the price works out to be...

having them anodized as well will be a plus !!

#21 ·
Pricing for the rear diff skid ?

#22 · (Edited)
03-09 Toyota 4-Runner Front Skid Plate

I want one of these. I was going online tonight to order a steel front skid plate in black but thankfully looked for a discount code here first. Depending on the discount I may also order the LCA skids to match. I smashed my factory front skid 2 weeks ago on the trails and need it replaced asap.

Need the silver piece replaced that's all bent up in the picture.

I have a group trail run on the 19th and was hoping to be able to get it put on before then.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.