Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Ellis Precision Climate Control Knobs Group Buy: Round 2!

4K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Sir_FJ_Harington 
#1 ·
Many of you have asked for them, and I've finally got the OEM fit dialed in, like I promised.

Here is the result:

All of the competing climate control knobs I've heard of get glued on with silicone... and that simply will not do if my name is on the box.

The Ellis Precision climate control knobs use the existing capture spring from your OEM plastic knobs, in a precisely machined custom-profile hole, to slide on securely to all three locations, just like the originals.

Install is as easy as sliding your plastic knobs off with a gentle pull, removing the capture spring with a small screwdriver or pick, inserting the spring into your custom anodized Ellis Precision climate knob, and sliding it back into position for use.

A lightly frosted precision lens will allow you to retain your OEM backlighting, with as much or more light transfer as the stock knobs.

A variety of finishes are offered, including matte black, matte red, black, red, clear, blue, and pewter.

If you have something else in mind, please ask!

Pricing:

Yes, these will be sold in sets of 3, of course!

$190 shipped in your choice of any plain anodized finish.

Matte finishes will be an additional $20 due to the additional time and resources required for the glass bead blasting process.

Dash dots on the sides will be $10 additional to cover the extra machining time and setup.

A pre-payment is required to confirm your order.

This group buy will close on August 1st. Orders are expected to ship by the 1st of September,.

To place an order, please PM me the following information in the following format:

Name
Shipping Address

Paypal email (for a payment request)

Finish

Example:

John Smith
123 4th Ave
Nowhere, ST

john.smith@youremailprovider.com

Matte Black Climate Knob Set
Thanks again for the support and enthusiasm I have received on this forum since 2006, when I had the original battery clamp idea. These products would not exist without this awesome community and forum, right here.

Cheers,

Joel

See less See more
#2 ·
This forum is killing me with deals lately! I have to keep passing them over for something else. I think your products are outstanding and hope to one day have my rig equipped with something of yours soon! ;)

#3 ·
A couple notes:

These are already machined out. I made 13 sets with dots, 7 sets without. I have a few other sets left from the previous batch, but expect this group buy to be capped at 20 sets.

Please see this thread for more pictures and for a slick custom paint idea that vastly improves the light transfer:

Hey Joel, I noticed that as well so I took a trip to Home Depot and picked up a small vial of Rust-oleum Scratch & Chip Repair Paint in Universal Silver (U4000). I Painted the rear inside Cavity of the Light Pipe being careful not to paint the Light pipe. That made a world of difference. It's much brighter now. :bigthumb:
http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...e-control-knobs-group-buy-28.html#post5825569

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...recision-climate-control-knobs-group-buy.html

#4 ·
I don't know how different these are than the last group buy you did, but I gotta say the quality on these and all of your products is top notch. It's a small change but it looks and feels just right when it is done. And if you have the shift knob set already it finishes off the whole package nicely.

#6 ·
Love mine FJoel! They look and feel as good today as they did the day they were installed. I'd buy another set if I had another FJ.

Reactions: FJoel
#7 ·
Anyone on the fence about ordering these should just go ahead and get them! Yeah, there was a moment after placing my order where I thought, "Did I just spent $200 on some control dials?!", but immediately upon holding them in my hands I was thinking, "Dang it, should have also gotten those grab handles!", LOL! The quality of Ellis Precision products are just absolutely top notch.

FJoel, thanks for offering these again and enjoy spending time with your family! I'm super stoked to learn I got in on a set of the remaining grab handles in stock and gladly await for them because I know they'll be worth it!

#20 ·
:bump:
Not sure if these are all spoken for.

Everytime I touch these knobs, grab the handle, or engage transmission, it's like
"Yeah! Nice!"

Patiently waited a long time for these to come out last time/first time, and it was well worth the wait. Seeing all the stuff is equally satisfying.

Always top shelf quality products from Joel.

#22 ·
No engraving is offered on these, but if you really really wanted it I could have the top surface laser etched for $30 per pattern.

If you wanted each one to say something different, that would be $90 though.

I'm not offering the free engraving on my CNC like I used to, because I barely have time to produce parts as it is!

UPDATE: The majority of these have shipped! I will try to catch up PM's and follow up this evening, but am currently travelling for work again today so please be patient with me.

Thank you!

Joel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.