Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

GROUP BUY: Trail Toys EZView Mirrors Spring 2016

21K views 85 replies 37 participants last post by  tgormtx 
#1 · (Edited)
MEMORIAL DAY GROUP BUY OFFER: Get 15% off MSRP!

For a limited time, get 15% off the normal price of $75 ($90 with the DIY Wire Kit). That means, these are $63.75 ($74.59 with DIY Wire Kit) for the pair!*
The discount appears once the mirrors are added to the cart.

Order here :
GROUP BUY: Trail Toys FJ Cruiser EZView Mirrors
NO PROMO CODE REQUIRED, but please post up a comment letting us know you ordered. :bigthumb:

Fits Toyota FJ Cruiser 2007 - Current

The Trail Toys EZView Mirrors provide a 35% greater field of view compared to your stock mirrors. With these mirrors you will be able to see the lane next to you and the lane over from that without having to look around the B-pillar. That means that you won’t have to worry about vehicles camping out in your blind spot, since you don’t have one anymore. The video below was shot in the Trail Toys Tacoma with the Taco EZView mirrors. The FJC EZView mirrors will provide you the same confidence in traffic. Watch how you can see the vehicle passing me in the mirror up until they’re viewable out the window.

These mirrors feature a combination of three different shapes. The inner portion, closest to the driver, is flat. The outside of the mirror has an aspherical shape, meaning the outside has a convex inner section and outer portion that increases in curvature horizontally. And finally the lower section of the mirror curves down. That last bit, the curved down section, lets you see the bottom of your back tire in the mirror. Think about how helpful that will be on the trail.

Being able to keep your eyes forward is the real benefit to these mirrors. Whether you’re keeping an eye on traffic, or trying to avoid that tree on the trail, you’ll be able too while keeping an eye on the side of your rig.

Connect the heating element to the OEM rear defroster or your own switch with this DIY Wiring Kit. This kit includes everything you need to tap into the OEM rear window defroster to activate your mirror heaters.

"But what if I want a separate switch?"
With this kit you can still wire the mirrors to a separate switch if you desire. All you need to do is connect the wires in the kit to the wiring for your switch.

The installation process is pretty simple. You'll run the wiring through the door into the cab of the FJ. You will attach the ground wire to one of the many ground points in the FJ and tap into the defroster wire under the driver's side kick panel.

Installation video:
Mirrors
NOTE: Please use a heat gun where noted and be cautious; you don't want to break the mirrors.

DIY Wire Kit

Note: The text on the mirror are not present on the production mirrors.

Group buy ends June 10th, 2016. Orders will begin shipping mid to late-June. *Discount excludes shipping charges

-----------------------------------------
ORDER HERE

Customer Installs:
Just finished installing it.
Got them on last night. Install was easy and fast (he is going to edit the video and upload it shortly.) The Mirrors are AWESOME!! I think for the price its one of the best safety mods you can do. So why are they worth it? Well not only are they great for on the road, but off the road they are great to see the trees that you are about to slide into because your tires suck!(side note, MTRs on ice suck) I was able to hammer the gas when I saw I was about to slide into the tree next to me! They are also great in backing up on a tight trail or when you are just sliding uncontrollably down the trail backwords. LOL On the road they are great, here is a picture in my drive way of my wife's car next to me. You can see down the side of your truck, plus I can still see her in my mirror even tho she is parked next to me!
Trail toy's awesome new aspherical mirrors. by Colin F, on Flickr

See less See more
2 2
#6 ·
The heating element is sticky on both sides and is use as an anti-shatter pad as well as adheres it to the mirror backing. If you don't wish to use the heating features, you can leave them unwired.

Heater element is 12.75 extra, said the webpage?
is the "Wiring Kit (Optional) DIY Wire Kit [+$12.75]" the same as "EZView Heated Mirrors DIY Wiring Kit"?

and just ordered a set, thanks.
The heating element is included with each mirror order. The DIY kit is only the wiring needed to connect the heating elements to the OEM window defroster.

#7 ·
This sounds like a great deal, however I'm in Canada.
Can you confirm whether or not you will ship to Canada?

The shipping faq says "We do not ship internationally. Shipping is only available to the lower 48 United States of America." but the order form happily lets me select Canada and Ontario from a drop down, and provides a shipping estimate.

Todd

#10 ·
Be very careful when installing these mirrors. My drivers side mirror shattered during installation of the heater backing. Now I have one original Mirror and one EZ mirror on my passenger side with no heater. Waited a long time to get these and when I finally got them, they broke lol.

#12 ·
They are glass. but they are a little thinner than the stock ones on your fj. When you install them be careful when putting them back into place. Thats when mine broke. The plastic mirror holder just clicks into place. But when I did mine. I pressed the plastic piece into place and when I did the glass broke.

#19 ·
I show just one order for you :bigthumb:

Am I too late? I broke the drivers side mirror during install, so I only need that one.
The group buy is active until the 10th. But, if you only need a replacement mirror, we recommend contacting Trail Toys to order the one you need.

#21 ·
Removing the glass wasn't hard. Just go slow and steady with a heat gun to melt the adhesive on the factory mirror and to soften up the surrounding rubber some. It was a really easy and quick upgrade.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

#25 ·
I've has the mirrors for six months now and they are keepers. It took some time to get used to the distortion, but once you do they are outstanding. You will not have a blind spot any longer.

Use a hair dryer to soften up the plastic some before snapping in the mirror. Don't force. If you really cannot make it fit over the plastic lip you can consider cutting a small slice in the edge, which will add more flexibility. Watch the install video place the mirror in the same location and work around the edge and you should have no issues at all.

This is a great mod.. I place it up there with my HID headlights.

#27 ·
Ok I order my set, I think.... What's with all the random text in the headers of your website.... Oh well let the circus fun begin!
What web browser are you using? I've seen issues with Firefox not rendering our webfonts correctly.

#32 ·
This includes the glass, heating element, and optional DIY wire kit. You re0use the OEM housing. It's a really simple process if you take your time and use a heat gun. Trail Toys looked into having backing plates manufactured, but the cost to do so would have made the cost to the consumer prohibitive.

#33 ·
Just got mine on and it's incredible how much easier it is to see both on and off road! Way more relaxed in traffic and parking lots without giant blind spots. And an unexpected aid for wheeling - almost like having side view cameras lol Didn't take long at all to get used to the distortion. And it's one less thing to dread when next winter approaches. Great product!

#34 ·
Done and Done! Order placed, I'll try to remember to update when I get the time to install ... I realized I missed the last Group Buy and want to say thanks for opening up a new one! Buying thru Red Dirt is a breeze ... can't wait to get them!

Reactions: tgormtx
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.