Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

New 315/75R16's Yokohama Geolandar M/T's on Konig Countersteer Offroad's

19K views 43 replies 24 participants last post by  Old Cruiser 
#1 · (Edited)
Well I finally was home long enough to get tires ordered and installed. The wheels have been in a room collecting dust for a few months till I picked out the tires. Had quite a few to consider but it came down the weight for me.

The Countersteers are just about 18 lbs and with tires could be anywhere from 82 lbs to 98 lbs at each corner. With my current set up with Stock 17" wheels and the pizza cutter 255/80R17 BFG's KM2's I knew I could get close but not be that light since those tires were only 49 lbs. Stock wheels were heavier than my new ones so weight could be made up there.

Long story made longer... Just kidding:lol: I ended up getting the Yokohama Geolandar M/T since I havent heard a lot about them (reveiws on other sites favorable)and at just about $244 delivered and installed (w/ lifetime rotation and balance), I thought that was a good deal for "35's".

So the 315's arent that much different than the pizza cutters I had on before as far as acceleration and stopping. BMC was performed by myself and for anyone wondering if that "made for TV" dual rotational blade cutting saw works- Ill say this. Each mount was removed in under 15 seconds! then worked with a grinder. Dont have a welder yet (Christmas?) so the ends arent quite finished.

I do have the spidertrax spacers so they tend to fill the flairs nicely! Let me know what you think. Wasnt sure how the bronze would look but it seems to go with the white.

Sorry for the crappy pics- havent figured out the "magic" of forum picture sharing yet:lol:

Better photos down below!!!
:cheers:

Attachments

See less See more
#42 ·
I want to say the new owners had them made in 18" I believe. Not sure they are built to the same Japanese Truck wheel standard.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.