Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

need to know stock lift of 2014 trail team edition, TRD..

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Ravenwood 
#1 ·
Anyone know what my lift is right off the dealer lot? It has the nice Bilstein shocks/struts. Toyota cant seem to advise...

Im trying to fit some taller/narrow tires and don't know where to begin. thanks!

#5 ·
No lift.

You can run a LT255/85R16. which are 33.3" high, with no rub.

This.

The stance on the '14 trail teams is a little higher in the FRONT only (only the '14 trail teams is this way, not any other year is like this). Its not considered a lift, just considered a level. Use the tire size mentioned above if you want a tall narrow tire.

#3 ·
I am going with the 255/80/17 KM2's. FINALLY found my wheels here, but I need to make a Flagstaff run to pick them up. I am going to install a front leveling kit, more to level than anything else. With the narrow "Pizza Cutters", I am considering a set of spacers. But that will require a BMC, which isn't a big deal.

NZDZRT

#4 ·
Sounds like you know your stuff. I dont understand what the original question really is? They are pretty much the same as all the other FJs suspensions except different springs and struts. You would modify / replace things the same way.

#6 ·
And to add one more option - switch to 17" wheels and you can ride with 255/75/17, which depending on tire maker are 32" - 32.2" in diameter (height). A nice middle of the road tire that is still lightweight, doesnt look TOO narrow and will fill up the wheel well a little better than the stock tires, which in your case are the BFG A/T and are about 31" total in height. (Even though they claim 31.7")

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.