Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Nitto Grappler Recall

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Godfather1138 
#1 · (Edited)
http://www.nittotire.com/media/203022/Nitto-Consumer-Letter.pdf

So I was searching the web this AM looking at different tire styles and brands when I came across a red triangle notification from Nov 2014 saying certain Nitto Terra Grappler tires are being recalled. I searched the Forum and found nothing regarding this, I was sure one of the vendors would have posted the information or it must have been a topic discussed at sometime. If this is a repeat I apologize but I also believe it's better to be over informed then not when safety is a concern. This does not effect myself in any way but there is a time limit of March 2015 on the recall so I thought I would put it out there just in case it effects some others and is helpful. I have no information other than the content of the notice which asks all Nitto TG owners to have their local tire dealer check their tires for recall as only certain identified production run tires will be replaced with the identical non-recall tire .

Mods feel free to delete if there is no value here.

#5 ·
Your pdf is for a Dura Grappler recall, and I have not been able to track down anything about a current Terra Grappler recall (found two from 2010 & 2011). I am running TG's purchased by the previous owner, and am actually about to need to replace them so this might be relevant to me.

Do you have any other information on the TG recall? Trying my Google-fu, but not coming up with much so far.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.