Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Nitto Ridge Grappler | Coming Soon!

61K views 159 replies 45 participants last post by  BlindWilly 
#1 · (Edited)

Nitto's New Hybrid Light Truck Tire

The Nitto Ridge Grappler combines the aggressive off-road performance of a mud-terrain tire with the on-road comfort of an all-terrain tire. Using its aggressive tread design, tread block stabilizers, and variable pitch tread pattern, the Ridge Grappler delivers excellent traction in mud, sand, and loose gravel and a surprisingly responsive, comfortable highway ride. High load carrying capacities from P-metric up to F-rated options. Whether you drive a daily work truck or an off-road adventure vehicle, the Nitto Ridge Grappler is a great choice.

Nitto Ridge Grappler
UTQG: N/A

Click here for: Nitto Ridge Grappler Availability and Pricing

-KEY FEATURES-

• Variable Pitch Tread Pattern: Advanced sound equipment was used to create a pattern that provides a quiet and smooth highway ride.

• Alternating Shoulder Groovers: Shoulder grooves are arranged in alternating widths and lengths to clear mud and maintain traction. Lateral Z grooves are set in a zig-zag pattern to provide biting edges for traction.

• Dual Sidewall: Like all Grapplers, the Ridge Grappler features two bold sidewall designs. One side features a more traditional pattern while the other side features a new, aggressive block design.

• Reinforced Block Foundation: Adds rigidity to tread blocks to reduce flex.

• Stone Ejectors: Protects the bottom of groove from stone drilling.

• Staggered Should Lugs: Provides traction in off-road environments.

• Edges: The alternating tapered edges and step block edges both provide additional biting edges for more traction.

-MEDIA-

-INSTALLED PHOTOS-

-FUTURE SIZES-

Source: NittoTire

See less See more
#11 ·
We sure will! As soon as Nitto provides us with them.

Those look interesting! Do you sell those wheels in the picture? I can not find them on your website. XD128 MACHETE
We do not carry the Machete currently, however, we can special order this model for you.

#12 ·
Do you guys have a ball park as to how much they will cost?

I'm going to be needing new shoes soon, probably right around the time they will be ready for the public.

I'm running 285/75/17E

Thanks guys.....

#20 ·
Looks like they said a July release?
I'm at 35K on my Trail Grapplers 285/70/17 E's and I love em, but they are getting loud. I figure I might have about 10K left at the minimum.
I should be ready for a new set soon, looking forward to hearing more about these.
I was going to go back with what I have/like, but these might change my mind :)

Attachments

#31 ·
I ordered Trail Grapplers from Discount Tire 5 years ago and they're starting to show wear. Let me know when the new 285/70R/17 E Ridge Grapplers are available. Will there be a Forum member discount on the Ridge Grappler? Thanks!
Hi, guys-

We just placed our orders for the 285/70R-17 Ridge Grappler in both LR-C and LR-E. These tires should start hitting our distribution centers early next week.

Pricing is as follows; shipping is FREE:

• 285/70R-17 LR-C Ridge Grappler - $247.09 each
  • 285/70R-17 LR-E Ridge Grappler - $253.64 each

#30 ·
I ordered Trail Grapplers from Discount Tire 5 years ago and they're starting to show wear. Let me know when the new 285/70R/17 E Ridge Grapplers are available. Will there be a Forum member discount on the Ridge Grappler? Thanks!

Reactions: Discount Tire
#40 ·
When I tried to order online the website says they are back ordered. When do you expect them to arrive?
Thanks.

#41 · (Edited)
Thank you for the opportunity at business, Hoosier!

I assume you're looking at the 285/70R-17 (LR-E) Ridge Grappler? If so, they are in stock as pointed out through the picture below; there's a glitch in our system that is causing the backorder tag to appear.

You can submit the order on-line or call us at 1.888.459.4080 and anyone of our sales representatives will take care of you.

Our apologies for the confusion!

#52 ·
Guess since no one else will post-up pic's, here ya go..............
not the best pictures, but you get a flavor of what they look like
the replaced 305/65/17's - these are 285/70/17
a tad taller and a tad skinner - I can tell you they are EXTREMELY QUITE compared to my mud tires that had 53K miles on them
first days impression, so far, so good

Attachments

#70 · (Edited)
Alright folks - performance review - DAY 3
Best thing so far - quiet, quiet,quiet - only thing I hear now is my exhaust when I punch it !
In the Rain - sweet, it was pouring down rain on the way into work this morning - no hydroplaning or loss of traction in the usual spots,
now I need to get out into the dirt to see how they do there -

Attachments