Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Need help on buying new tires and rims on my FJ Cruiser

2K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  gmurrell 
#1 ·
I just bought a 2007 FJ Cruiser and I'm wanting to either lift it with wider/bigger tires or stay stock but with wider tires. I don't know much about the tire sizes as far as width. For stock what is biggest tire size I can put under it? If I lift it 3" what tire would fit best? Its a daily driver so not looking for anything crazy but something that looks rugged and tough. I currently have a 17" wheel on my 4Runner that I'm looking to swap to the FJ Cruiser, will that work or should I have to go wider on my rim as well? Need advice thank you! Here is a stock photo of my FJ and something I would like it to look like.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Get 285's or 295's. As for rims, the stock ones are really high quality, if I were you I'd just paint them black.

#6 ·
I've had my 07 FJ for about three years now. It has a 3" pro comp lift, but is more like 4" or 5". I'm looking at getting some rims and tires, but I'm not sure if 16's will fit with the big brake calipers! I don't know very much about offset. I'm wanting to run the 285-75-17 if 16's won't fit. Either way I want to run the 34" toyo MT. Any advice would be much appreciated!

#9 ·
For the Toyo MT, the LT285/75/17 is your best bet. That is in flotation sizing a 34x11.50R17, seems like a really good size to run, but they're expensive.

#8 ·
If you're wanting to stick with 33" tires (which are a good choice if you want to keep good gas mileage and engine power) than going with a 305 sized tire may be a good option if you're really looking for width (approximately a 12.5" wide tire) but most people go with 285 or even 295, especially on stock 17" wheels. Some tires may be more like a 34 inch in some cases like a 285/75R17 as opposed to the 33" 285/70R17. If you really wanted to, with a good 3 inch lift, body mount chop, and other variables you could run a 35 inch tire. Just check out some of the sticky threads here on the wheels and tires section of the forum and you'll see pictures and write ups about what size tires work good on an FJ.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.