Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

Strange leakage and noise

2K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  DEWFPO 
#1 ·
Can someone post or send me a picture of the front driver side back in the engine bay directly above the frame there is a hose coming out of the firewall. I've searched the FSM and can't find what it's supposed to connect to (which I have assumed that it connects as I've never noticed it leaking before.) It's leaking a cold, clear, non-odorous liquid. My girlfriend was driving the truck last night downhill on a newly paved road when a horrible clunking/banging sound came from that area, immediately pulled over and I tried to take a look at it but it was dark and I had a terrible migraine so was rather useless. Still can't figure out what the hell it is and I'd like to have some general idea before I take it to the dealer or a mechanic friend of mine.

#5 ·
That's what I'm thinking as well I just want to know what it is that's supposed to be connected there, what it SHOULD look like, which is why I want a picture of someone's that is presumably still intact. I don't even know if I broke anything, but it sure sounded like it and I've been under my car 1000 times and never seen that leak before and it's clearly visible through the wheel well.

#4 ·
Slow constant drip, I came inside last night and went to sleep asap (was useless in my state at the time) and had to work at 6 this morning, drove a different car. When I got home I pulled it into the driveway and did a lot of poking around and checked lots of diagrams in the FSM to figure out what exactly is supposed to connect there. It was still slowly dripping at the time which had been about 12 hours. A/C nor heat has been run since it started.

#8 ·
Thank you

#9 ·
no idea about the sound, but the drip is water and is from the A/C.

#12 ·
ahhh...yes...this is true...i completely misread the post. now, i must say...i have no clue what the problems are. sorry.

#11 ·
After 12 hours sitting, it won't be the a/c condensate line. Like Brad said a/c condensate is on the passenger side. It may be brake fluid . In small amounts, it may appear clear and not have an odor. Just a guess where you describe the leak. Pictures would help.

#13 ·
Had it been raining or had your girlfriend gone thru a car wash? Could it be draining from the cowling vent?

DEWFPO

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.