Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum - View Single Post - Bring Back The Toyota Trail Teams !!!
View Single Post
post #13 of (permalink) Old 03-06-2010, 08:33 AM Thread Starter
PA-NC Cruiser
Forum Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to PA-NC Cruiser Send a message via Yahoo to PA-NC Cruiser
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
Re: Bring Back The Toyota Trail Teams !!!

Quote:
uphill previously said: View Post
Toyota never used the Trail Teams to full effect IMHO. If you speak to the people who were part of that program, they'll tell you the same thing.

It was a subcontracted advertising program back when Toyota had BIG BUCKS to spend. I have no idea what the FJ sales profile is like, but most people don't use them on the trail. Many drivers feel they're sort of a niche soccer mom vehicle and never take them off pavement.

I doubt we'll see the Trail Teams again.
I agree about the part that Toyota did not use the Trail Teams to full effect.

So, Maybe they should promote Trail Teams to heavily include all Toyota 4x4s...Land Cruisers, 4 Runner, Tacoma, FJs, etc...?

As far as "Many drivers feel they're sort of a niche soccer mom vehicle and never take them off pavement"......I would like to ask those drivers if they thought that way after they had a few of the rigs owned by members here in the forum pull up behind them on any given day?

2010 Trail Teams Edition - Toytec 3" Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG A/Ts, J-Stanley Custom Shifter, Underarmor by BudBuilt, Ricochet LCA guards, Hardline Fabrication/Toy Outfitters Rear Lower Links, Outrider Suspension Armor (rear lower link mount and shock armor), PIAA XTreme White Plus headlights, PIAA 520 series Fog/Driving lights, BajaRack OEM roofrack basket, MaxTrax recovery ramps, Husky Floor Liners, Midland 75-822, Bandi Mount with 4' Firestick II, K&N drop in airfilter for on-road travel, OEM Airfilter when wheeling.....AND the OrangeBoxx Side Cubby PSD (NCFJ Edition) from our good friends at www.orangeboxxfabrication.com

www.ncfjcruisers.com

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome