OK, time to start sounding like a broken record...and rant...
With no full info as of yet on the summit itself, I doubt anyone is going to actually book a room...in fact I'm thinking of letting mine go...so there might be 4 rooms available. People need to run and plan their schedules...and with no info on whether this is really going to happen...how much it's going to be....etc...etc...
We need info!!!!!! Confirmation....
I know I'm sounding like an ass, but I don't really care at this point...I booked my room over 2 months ago...expecting to be able to plan my life around this so I could attend...I now have a class I have been putting off that is during this week...and with no info believe it's time to give up on this actually happening and book my class instead.
I know this takes time and people that have stepped forward to help plan this have their own lives as well as this summit to plan, but myself as well as others have offered MANY times to help out...and I for one have not been taken up on that offer.
Any info would have been better than none...I believe their was more than a month where people asked and all we got was it's getting planned...just wait....
Really...who cares if there are rooms available...
Yes you sound like a rant. There is a websight with info. This is a gathering planned by rank and file amateurs, grassroots members of this forum. We have:
- Set up a website
- Preregistered attendees
- formed non profit corporation to handle the financials
- got bank account to handle funding
- got volunteer legal and accounting help
- solicited and got confirmation Toyota will be sending Trail Teams
- oraganized hotel deals for attendees
- researched and presented as many accomodations as possible, hotels, B&B, campgrounds etc
- provided viral marketing through "Ouray of the Day" and many many other threads
- solicited sponsors
- talked to BLM and Forest Service, got appropriate applications for permits
- talked with Chamber of Commerce and other Ouray contacts
- Made trips to Ouray
- Solicited necessary insurance for trail permits
- Design graphic and website, forms for preapplicant and, soon, applicants
- opened Pay pal account to facilitate registration
- planned two catered meals
- answered hundreds of emails
- debated sponsorship levels and club affiliation
- discussed and did discovery regarding liability and risk
- debated fees and attendance limits
- research and wrote release forms
- Solicited and conducted a t shirt contest
- solicited items for raffle
- planned trails and levels
- secured a tent and meeting place
- within 2 days we will have registration up ( about 75 bucks)
"Really...who cares if there are rooms available..."
I'm looking forward to this incredible event, Hope you will too. Email me if you have specific needs or questions.