From FJ Summit Team: Setting up Caravan's - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
2007 FJCruiser Summit For all threads regarding the first annual FJCruiser Summit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to thenookie
(Thread Starter)
From FJ Summit Team: Setting up Caravan's

Ok People I thought we might organize this a little. There are several threads about this already, but I want to know how many groups want me to setup email links to, so we can get you all together. Was going to setup one by each region, and then the Canadian people, but let me know what you think.

Also because there are so many of you, one or more caravan groups for Colorado, Arizona and one for California.

Once we get it figured out, I'll start posting the groups. There are more than 150 FJ's going to this thing, so we want keep this as organized as possible.

So let me know who wants to form a group, and if you already have started a thread, let us know about that as well.

Seth

For those of you who didn't pass grade school:

Last edited by thenookie; 06-13-2007 at 04:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 04:38 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: From FJ Summit Team: Setting up Caravan's

We have one called Phoenix Area Caravan 7/11. I know there is one for SoCal (maybe in the SoCal thread) - they are going to caravan up to Flagstaff and meet us there on the 11th.

Kathy De Lisle
[email protected]

07 Sun Fusion 6speed stik
3" Rough Country Lift / Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor 285/70/17 / Atrak Hacky Sack
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 04:49 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

SoCal has a thread going Offical SoCal to Ouray (FJ Summit) caravan thread would be happy to have are Norhter borthers and sisters (NorCal) come if it isn't to far out of the way. Or just meet up with us in Flaggstaff on the 11th

Thanks for the map Nooky it realy helped me out.

"Because in the end it has almost nothing to do with the bike and everything to do with setting
out to accomplish something that is intimidating, that is unknown to you, something you know you
have a good chance of failing at but doing it anyways and slowly but surely proving yourself wrong."

Mike Ambs

www.corva.org
"Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must undergo the fatigue of supporting it."
- Thomas Paine

Aequitas - Veritas
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 04:57 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to thenookie
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
jeshua previously said: View Post
Thanks for the map Nooky it realy helped me out.
I know there are people on here, that have...special needs...so I like to accommodate...

Its sad I can still name all 50 states....that and learning to flick peas with a spoon is pretty much all I got out of third grade.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 05:03 PM
Emeritus Moderator

I am thinking about leaving a little early to go out there, maybe the 7th or 8th. I will be coming from the South from North Arkansas to I-70 in Kansas City, then heading West to Denver. I am interested in anyone traveling around that time period too. Terry (Tennesseesquire) asked if Id like to join them, at the time, I wasnt going to leave that early, but now I am. Ill get in touch with him and see when he expects to be coming through KC, and anyone else. I know Dragon is coming in from IL maybe we can all hook up and have a huge caravan into Ouray. Just let me know where and when

P.S. I started a thread on a National Communication network for everyone traveling using CBs and handheld FRS radios. I think everyone agreed that channel 7 would be a good channel to use. It matches the year of the FJ & the first annual FJ Summit. Can we make this the official travel channel for everyone? Thanks for everyones hard work putting this together.

"Good people sleep peacefully at night safe in the knowledge that rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" (George Orwell)

TLCA Member : #18084

Honorary AZFJ Club Member

Honorary SoCal Club Member

FJ Cruiser Club Member

Meet The RAPTOR 2007 TRD SE

post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 05:16 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
shadow-warrior previously said: View Post
I am thinking about leaving a little early to go out there, maybe the 7th or 8th. I will be coming from the South from North Arkansas to I-70 in Kansas City, then heading West to Denver. I am interested in anyone traveling around that time period too. Terry (Tennesseesquire) asked if Id like to join them, at the time, I wasnt going to leave that early, but now I am. Ill get in touch with him and see when he expects to be coming through KC, and anyone else. I know Dragon is coming in from IL maybe we can all hook up and have a huge caravan into Ouray. Just let me know where and when

P.S. I started a thread on a National Communication network for everyone traveling using CBs and handheld FRS radios. I think everyone agreed that channel 7 would be a good channel to use. It matches the year of the FJ & the first annual FJ Summit. Can we make this the official travel channel for everyone? Thanks for everyones hard work putting this together.
We (Matt07FJ, VDM & The Squire's) will be leaving Nashville, TN the morning of July 7th. That should put us on KCY that afternoon, we can work out a meet place later. We are staying in Moab at the Best Western Canyonlands.

Terry

2007 FJ Cruiser TRD SE - SOLD
2000 Land Cruiser UZJ100 The Wife's - SOLD
20?? FJ Cruiser - Coming Soon
2008 4 Runner Limited - Let the modding begin

My TRD Build Up

Have you tried FIREFOX with AdBlocker +
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 05:19 PM
Emeritus Moderator

Quote:
TennesseeSquire previously said: View Post
We (Matt07FJ, VDM & The Squire's) will be leaving Nashville, TN the morning of July 7th. That should put us on KCY that afternoon, we can work out a meet place later. We are staying in Moab at the Best Western Canyonlands.
Great, I'll PM you with my info, and we can arrange a time and place, tahnks

"Good people sleep peacefully at night safe in the knowledge that rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf" (George Orwell)

TLCA Member : #18084

Honorary AZFJ Club Member

Honorary SoCal Club Member

FJ Cruiser Club Member

Meet The RAPTOR 2007 TRD SE

post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 05:50 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
TennesseeSquire previously said: View Post
I'll be there with my family starting on the 6th through the 9th, we check in Ouray on the 10th...

See me on ih8mud...
'07 GSJ15, well enhanced SOLD
'97 FZJ80 OME J
'77 FJ45
Olde North State Cruisers TLCA delegate
Train Hard, Rest Harder
TLCA 17784 - FCC KJ4KGF
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Mtbcoach previously said: View Post
I'll be there with my family starting on the 6th through the 9th, we check in Ouray on the 10th...
We check in on the 9th.

Terry

2007 FJ Cruiser TRD SE - SOLD
2000 Land Cruiser UZJ100 The Wife's - SOLD
20?? FJ Cruiser - Coming Soon
2008 4 Runner Limited - Let the modding begin

My TRD Build Up

Have you tried FIREFOX with AdBlocker +
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 06-13-2007, 07:16 PM
Forum Regular

FJTeddy and myself are leaving London On. on July 10, Des Moines being our first destination. From there we are heading to Colorado Springs July 11. Shane4x4 is getting a caravan together from there to Ouray on July 12. The states we are driving through are in order Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska and Colorado.

FJCANOE

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion > 2007 FJCruiser Summit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in