Summit 08 informal attendee general assessment. - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
2008 FJCruiser Summit For all threads pertaining to the 2nd annual FJCruiser Summit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Arrow Summit 08 informal attendee general assessment.

Much kudos to all the volunteers that put it together, spend all day and night long talking (answering the same questions over and over with a smile), and not going on runs and enjoying yourself like the rest of us!
This being my second summit, I thought I’d ask what others thought and provide some general feedback for the organizers and vendors involved.
SO, please answer honestly however, this is not a place to attack, or whine about Jason wearing the same shirt for a full week, that being said…..

How many “sanctioned” or “unsanctioned” trail runs did you do?

Sanctioned runs;
Did you like the general speed (pace of run) or information offered from your trail leader/tail gun?
Did you make your chosen trail and make it to your group on time (and found meeting area easily?

“Unsanctioned” runs
Did you go out in a planned group/ time frame?
Did you go solo and find a group on way or on the trail and join?
What trails did you go on that weren’t listed that you enjoyed?
What route did you use to return from your run (highway or trail back?)

Apart from the fact the crazy amount of raffle items offered from each vendor and them getting it to the summit, what influence did seeing the items in person, on an FJ, or in action have on your purchase choice?

Did you eat at either of the planned sponsored meals?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-19-2008, 11:45 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: Summit 08 informal attendee general assessment.

Held
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 03:35 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1008 Post(s)
Re: Summit 08 informal attendee general assessment.

Quote:
Savvyav previously said: View Post
Much kudos to all the volunteers that put it together, spend all day and night long talking (answering the same questions over and over with a smile), and not going on runs and enjoying yourself like the rest of us!
This being my second summit, I thought I’d ask what others thought and provide some general feedback for the organizers and vendors involved.
SO, please answer honestly however, this is not a place to attack, or whine about Jason wearing the same shirt for a full week, that being said…..

How many “sanctioned” or “unsanctioned” trail runs did you do?

Sanctioned runs;
Did you like the general speed (pace of run) or information offered from your trail leader/tail gun?
One day we and another later group ran into the first group out. This led to way too many of us in one place on the trail. Not ideal for others not with the Summit.
Another day my group stopped for a few minutes every mile it seemed. Yes we are out to have fun and for those that have never been to the area, I understand that many pictures need to be taken. I support this! But stop on wide parts of the trail so that other vehicles can get by please! This makes us all look good.

Did you make your chosen trail and make it to your group on time (and found meeting area easily?

Yes

“Unsanctioned” runs
Did you go out in a planned group/ time frame?
Did you go solo and find a group on way or on the trail and join?
What trails did you go on that weren’t listed that you enjoyed?
What route did you use to return from your run (highway or trail back?)

Didn't do any.

Apart from the fact the crazy amount of raffle items offered from each vendor and them getting it to the summit, what influence did seeing the items in person, on an FJ, or in action have on your purchase choice?

It was nice to see all the parts up close, not just a picture online. Thanks to all the vendors! And all the vendors I talked to were so great, answered questions, etc. Not to mention the swag. next year free beer at all booths!

Did you eat at either of the planned sponsored meals?
All 3. The food was really good, there were choices, totally happy there.

For the event to have gone off with so few minor problems says a lot! Thanks to those who worked so hard for this event.

In closing when it comes time for planning next year I have a couple of things I would like to change. We can talk about this in a few months.

Then for the things that went wrong on my end... I will post a bit later to try to explain things or get beat up online, whatever.

Thanks again!

Last edited by rotorhed1; 07-20-2008 at 03:37 PM.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion > 2008 FJCruiser Summit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in