Thank You - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
2008 FJCruiser Summit For all threads pertaining to the 2nd annual FJCruiser Summit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 10:45 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to loup407 Send a message via Skype™ to loup407
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Thank You

Jason,
Thank YOU, and everyone who helped make the Summit possible. Next year, I will NOT show up late!! You all did an exceptional job and can't be thanked enough.
Looking forward to next year....

Titanium 4x4 MT6, OF, CQ, UR, black TRD wheels, TRD Exhaust, TRD CAI, TRD Quikshifter kit, Man-A-Fre skids, Gobi Stealth with Fourtreks Hi-Lift and axe/shovel mounts, Icon coilovers/Icon 2.5 and ToyTec Rear Coils, Firestone airbags, ARB front and rear bumper, Warn VR10000, BFG MT 255/85/16, ARB dual compressor, Cobra 75WXST CB with Bandi Mount, National Luna Dual Battery setup, Man-a-Fre aux fuel tank, sPod electrical management, Toyota Gen 6 Nav system, LED light bar, A/T Horizon trailer, Colorado plates.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 07:30 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

What can I say, but echo the others' comments! Fantastic organization, great vendors, lots of fun folks to meet, great food. In all, a great time, in the perfect place for wheelin'! Thanks Jason & all of the volunteers (whom all I didn't get the chance to meet personally) for a fantastic time.

About the raffle, I kept thinking all weekend long, "I really need sliders, I really need sliders", and thanks to the generosity of Metal Tech, I now have some! Awesome sliders, guys!

Sorry ya got skunked, Gordon. I was gonna give you one of my sliders, but it just wouldn't look right with only one, buddy... You're right though, it was all for a good cause, and I would have been happy not winning anything at all, but just got lucky.

Athena & Bill, y'all are nuts (and I mean that in a good way, really), and thanks for leading us on Engineers and Cinnamon! And, kudos for strapping Tomas to Lake City when his rear diff broke. That's what it's all about, helping out a fellow wheeler when it matters most! I just hope Tomas got his rig back in time to do another run at a trail before he and the family had to leave Ouray.

Looking forward to next year, guys!

Dennis' Titanium 'Bird of Prey':
'08 Titanium 4X4; AT; LD; A-Trac; Cobra CB radio & Bandi-mount mini whip; Yaesu FT-7800R HAM radio & Comet SBB7 hatch-mounted 5/8 wave antenna Call Sign: KE5WTX; Toyota extra horn mod; BajaRack Exp roof rack; 295/70/16 Hankook Dynapro MT tires; Factory off-road 16" alloys; OME 884 front coils & N140S shocks, ToyTec Medium rear coils, OME N71E rear shocks; SCUBA breather mod; Steel sway bar collars; Digger upper and lower rear links; Rasta4x4 skids; Metal Tech step sliders & front tube bumper; Hella 500's Future Mods: Cloaking Device, Disruptors
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 09:13 AM
Forum Master

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

Jason, you are thanking US? All we did was show up, meet old and new friends, pig out on the great meals, check out all the great vendors and their stuff and go on some of the most outrageously beautiful 4 wheelin' roads in the country. There is truly NO WAY we can thank you enough for all that you and the rest of your team did to pull this off.
We're exhausted, but happy, and hope that everyone else is also!

KF7FHU

'07 Sun Fusion, set up for the long haul
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 09:20 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Garage

Thank YOU, Jason, and the other organizers for putting on a great event. It was great to meet many of the forum members and put faces with names. I will do everything I can to make it again next year, even though the drive across the flatlands really sucks. Hmmm, they could always use another good professional woodworker in Colorado, right ? The San Juans are a great hidden gem and I will be sure to share my many photo memories with everyone I can. Thanks again.

FJ Summit Co-Director since 2013 email: james at fjsummit dot org

2008 Sandstorm FJ Cruiser
2019 White TRD Premium 4Runner

I am the Woodsman...the four-wheelin', tree-farmin', custom-furniture-makin' descendant of Olaf "The Woodcutter" Ingjaldsson.
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 09:35 AM
fka fatbrat40

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

My thoughts are that this year at the summit was awesome..thanks to all of the organizers and the those that helped make this a great event!! the meals were outstanding, the vendors IMO went overboard to make this event over the top. I enjoyed tail gunning with 007 ( our fearless leader and great tour guide) on Alpine loop..Thanks to Terahex for loaning me an antenna after losing mine on our first run of the summit..thanks goes out to Mark with Metal Tech he allowed me to drive the FJ Crawler ( Marlin Crawler unit) and also he allowed my Wife to drive as well..To my brother who bought me a side M-Pac
rack for my B-day..and of couase the Trail Teams once again did a awesome job of showing us a great time

Life doesn't pass you by Porsches do !!

Raptor wanna be
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 09:50 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 120 Post(s)

Yes, a very big thank you to you Jason, Seth and all the others. I had a great time, and I hope you all did as well.

Past: 2007 Black Diamond FJC - totaled
Present: 2012 Trail Team Edition Radiant Red

post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 10:38 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I would also like to add a Thank You to all the volunteers/organizers. Your hardwork was noticed. This was our first summit to attend but definetly not the last. We had so much fun visiting beautiful Colorado, making new friends and doing the trails... can't wait for next year!!! Thanks again!
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 11:21 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 269 Post(s)

I want to thank you all for having a great time.
Travel safely.

If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.

George S. Patton

βŁύẾֱֳֳֶָָmŢ6ֳֶֻ׃
post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 12:41 PM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

My wife and I had a great time. Thanks to all the organizers and volunteers for doing a wonderful job. We can't wait to do it all over again next year.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 03:47 PM
Forum Master

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Jason, I have to echo everyone else here and say that we thank YOU! You, Tim, Seth, Ty (and of course Kim, Halley, and Kristin) did an EXCELLENT job of making everything run as smoothly as possible. Thanks to all of the other volunteers, trail leaders, tailgunners, and of course all of the new friends we all made for making this an outstanding experience!

-Jen (Imperial AT-FJ's "mod assistant")
TOTALED (rolled)07 Voodoo 6MT--Icon 3" suspension setup, Nitto Terra Grapplers (285/70/17), ARB Bull Bar, Safari Snorkel, Big Bill Combo w/ 3' Firestick, Wet Okole seat covers, Nuvi 660, M-PAC side rack, Rasta skids, '08 side visor mod, 3 additional 12V outlets installed, M. Schrader roofrack flag mount clamp, ScanGauge II, SCUBA mod, A-TRAC hacked, Springtail cargo barrier, Sonoran Steel rear lower links.

Started over- 07 Voodoo 6MT--pretty much stock

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion > 2008 FJCruiser Summit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in