Summit Breakdown Story - Page 8 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
2008 FJCruiser Summit For all threads pertaining to the 2nd annual FJCruiser Summit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #71 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 06:16 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Summit Breakdown Story

Quote:
97kurt previously said: View Post
Did Bruce paint it white or was that your idea
Me of course! LOL

Mark
04 4Runner SE, Fry/Rr locked, 17x9 MT ClassicLocks, 35's, SW Sliders & Bullbar, Smittybilt 10000lb winch, 2.5" Overland Warehouse suspension, 1.5" 4Crawler BL, Kurt Trailing Arms, Flowmaster, 60" High Lift, Cobra 75WXST CB radio, 4ft Firestick, Yaesu FT-7800 2m/70cm Ham Radio, Comet Dualband Ant., Sat. Radio, Garmin Nuvi GPS, CO2 system, Lightforce 240 Blitz, African Outback Rack, Downey Frt skid
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #72 of 73 (permalink) Old 08-14-2008, 06:25 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
97kurt previously said: View Post
Did Bruce paint it white or was that your idea Plating the brackets is pretty easy to do and adds a ton of strength to them. I've done 7 of them so far and I would recommend anyone with a fjc/05+tacoma/4th gen 4runner that offroads to get it done.

Come on Kurt.....you know Mark just can't wait to paint everything on his 4Runner White!!!!! If he didn't, it would throw his whole "Casper" thing off!!!

My034runner is an SR5 V6 4x4 with factory Nav. DR Coil overs front, DR's in rear. Custom rear coils 3" lift and 20%. 1.5" bl, AllPro OffRoad sliders, BudBuilt Skids, 33" BFG KO's, MagnaFlow exhaust, ShrockWorks Front bumper w/ MM 9000lb winch & MasterPull 3/8 x 100 Syn. rope. Engel MT-60 fridge, red&yellow top Optima's, 5,10 & 15# Co-2 tanks. Garmin 60Csx, Sirius, Cobra/Wilson 1000. Custom Safari Rack, ARB lockers fr/rr, 4.56's etc...
http://www.toyota120.com
and http://www.nvttora.com
post #73 of 73 (permalink) Old 03-06-2016, 12:09 PM
4-Corners Moderator

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 449 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

So glad I found this!! I recently had my upper oil pan punctured because of the same thing! My diff bracket had those same bolts missing so it had enough play in it that while off-roading the front diff shifted upwards and punctured the oil pan. Not nearly as bad as yours was damaged but knowing that it can be removed through the bottom of the FJ is such a relief since I was totally dreading having to possibly deal with removing the whole engine. Also I heard someone mention that welding the pan was a possibility and after seeing that you could do this and yours was a lot worse I am hopeful that that is something I can do!!

Last edited by FJX2000; 03-06-2016 at 12:15 PM.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion > 2008 FJCruiser Summit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in