Re-thinking '09 attendance - Page 3 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
2009 FJCruiser Summit For all threads pertaining to the 3rd annual FJCruiser Summit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 01:11 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Re-thinking '09 attendance

Other than cans and the odd Bigfoot... What else can one shoot here?

My money smells like Strippers.

Facebook is all the girls that wouldn't consider doing you in High School that you wouldn't consider doing today.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 01:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Athena previously said: View Post
This year I'll be attending with my 3 children... it will be a blast!
Meant as a pun or not...funny.
The open carry was toolriffic. C'mon, the camo pants (necessary, I'm sure) wasn't even the right jungle pattern and the holster rig..please.

I met better people and got in more trouble minus the "summit".

I'm putting tank treads, battle armor, a turret and a "LOOK AT ME" sticker across my windshield so people with give me the attention my parents never gave me...please. *sarcasm, for the slow*
post #23 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 01:58 PM
fka fatbrat40

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

Wow, I have been to both of the Summits and never run into anyone carrying a side arm on there hip...Where the hell was I ....I missed all of the fun damn it. I could care less if you carry a weapon or not, if you decide to show it off at least let me in on the presentation, I might learn a thing or two
Why don't we work as a group and make this one awesome off road event
I'll be there

Life doesn't pass you by Porsches do !!

Raptor wanna be
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 02:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
fatbrat40 previously said: View Post
Wow, I have been to both of the Summits and never run into anyone carrying a side arm on there hip...Where the hell was I ....I missed all of the fun damn it. I could care less if you carry a weapon or not, if you decide to show it off at least let me in on the presentation, I might learn a thing or two
Why don't we work as a group and make this one awesome off road event
I'll be there
Well when you wear camo, it's hard to see you.
post #25 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 02:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
spincycle previously said: View Post
:: removed for the sake of the event :::
F that!!! They go on blast when we all got back and while fresh in our minds put to words items that worked...and did not. FEELINGS were hurt and were told to put it on hold...IE shut the heck fire up...

The objective of the open forum is to assist other in the same boat (sorry, FJ) by pointing out success and failure, so they can make an informed choice on the matter. I've had plenty of ideas i added here. Not all agreed, but took it as a marker for their needs or projects.
post #26 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Savvyav previously said: View Post
F that!!! They go on blast when we all got back and while fresh in our minds put to words items that worked...and did not. FEELINGS were hurt and were told to put it on hold...IE shut the heck fire up...

The objective of the open forum is to assist other in the same boat (sorry, FJ) by pointing out success and failure, so they can make an informed choice on the matter. I've had plenty of ideas i added here. Not all agreed, but took it as a marker for their needs or projects.
Huh?

"I too pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice."-Defender

Building a Trail Rig (IMO): https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...l-rig-imo.html
post #27 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 03:47 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Mtbcoach previously said: View Post
I can only assume that there was some sort of advance notification that said policy was in place? I'd have a problem if I paid to be at an event then a such a policy was announced after I had paid, travelled and spent money on accommodations then get Diane Feinstein as a trail leader, you'd have to lock up your firearm or go home? No fun there...
Yes, everyone knew well in advance. It was in the printed literature for the events for the Jambo.

For M4W....it was in their rule sheets.

Sean

"I too pray for peace. Peace and justice. If we can't have both, I choose justice."-Defender

Building a Trail Rig (IMO): https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...l-rig-imo.html
post #28 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Jerry, I appreciate your comments.

If you were carrying, I did not know and that is my point. Keep it to yourself.

In my opinion, if the summit is neutral or supports open carry side arms in the tent area, my family is not attending. That would not be the kind of event I would want to be a part of. No plans to attend the AZ events either.

Side arms on trails is another issue all together and If I saw it on a trail, we would just leave, no big deal.

Not realy going to stress about it, will wait and see how things shake out.

I am not against guns or gun ownership, I grew up hunting with my dad.

Chris, Denver Colorado
2016 TRD OR DBCB SB
2001 UZJ100
TLCA #18518
HAM KD0IFE
CO-Director FJ Summit.org

Off-Road/build PICS
http://www.ChrisSandstormfj.smugmug.com
post #29 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 04:28 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

I attended last years event with my two kids that were 5 and 7 at the time and we all had a blast. I did see someone carry a sidearm and I personally just though to myself "why"...I get that its because you can and the law says you can....its also another way of saying "look at me."

Beyond that I have never felt more safe or in more of a family environment, it was kinda liike being in Maybury. Lots of kids running around and having a great time with virtually no late night wildness and my room was just behind the main tent at the Best Western.

The vendors, Trail Team, and attendees were all cool! It was great to put a face to the names of so many that I have conversed with on this forum. If you missed the previous Summits I highly suggest not missing this one, you never know if there is going to be another. The trails are not hard and the area is incredible, just take a look at some of the photos that have been posted.

I have a room booked but I am more than likely going to drop it and skip this years event. The economy is what it is and we as a family have decided to make one trip this year and it is going to be something different than last years.

The guys that put this event on do a great job and have a big task in front of them this year. I sincerely hope that Toyota helps out in any way possible since there is no announcement of a Trail Team happening this year. Support what you love!

“Since you have chosen to elect a man with a timber toe to succeed me, you may all go to hell and I will go to Texas.”

Davy Crocket

My Rig: - well, that was my rig...

TLCA Member # 20540
post #30 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Sean K. previously said: View Post
Huh?
Guess I need to slow down.

Funny these issues are brought up now. They were brought up the week after, along with other short comings. This was shut down by mods that happen to be a part of the summit that got their feelings hurt.

Still waiting on my non profit ID receipt.

I can be asked my opinion via PMs but $% forbid in a public forum, truth be told before people pay to go.
Open carry, CCW, guns in general all are great in the correct atmosphere.
I take it if the event was in Japan, you'd show up in a gee, headband and a samurai sword. AT least wear spurs and a hat next time cowboy...

Ask me via PM about vendors getting the short end of the stick, or trail assignments, along with a host of other items.

I'm not just playing negative Nancy here there were great things about the trips....i'm just not wasting cash on the parts I didn't enjoy.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion > 2009 FJCruiser Summit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in