Re-thinking '09 attendance - Page 7 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
2009 FJCruiser Summit For all threads pertaining to the 3rd annual FJCruiser Summit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 11:18 AM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Re: Re-thinking '09 attendance

yea, i'm ditching the Summit too...

I'm going to Cruise the Malls!!! who's with me???

Stickers to make it go fast, side outriggers, spike-producing tires, Flux Capacitor, missiles, lasers, signal-intercepting smart radio, head-up display and rocket propulsion, Granite Counter tops.

Also can self-destruct when primed, .... (basically the works)!

:: Go Gators!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-06-2009, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Wrestler66 previously said: View Post
I find it refreshing that we are having this discussion about Concel vs. open carry vs guns at all.

If the summit was happening in my state, New Jersey, the discussion would be why you should'nt be called a criminal for legally owning a gun.
The fact that you can even have this discussion in public is a wonderful thing. In some countries the secret police would already be rounding some of us up!

2008 4704 (AT) FJ Trail Team Special Edition
post #63 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
Chris Sandstorm FJ previously said: View Post
In my opinion, if the summit is neutral or supports open carry side arms in the tent area, my family is not attending. That would not be the kind of event I would want to be a part of.
You do realize that almost everywhere in CO is like this, right?

I too, am amazed at what people choose to fear. If you want to put some perspective on your fear, based on year 2000 stats, you are

467% more likely to die by choking
500% more likely to die by burns
560% more likely to die by drowning
783% more likely to die by getting hit by a car while walking
1850% more likely to die by poisioning
2600% more likely to die by falling
7067% more likely to die in a car accident

than you are by a firearm,

GunCite-Gun Accidents
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

That's awesome MountainMan.....I'm gonna BM that site

--
2015 Tundra Crew Max
SOLD: 2007 TiSi FJC, 2007 4Runner Sport, 2007 TRD FJC, 2006 Tundra TRD, 2007 GX-470, 2014 SEMA 4Runner
TLCA#18775 | K2TRL |
Back Country Navigation

Find us on Facebook & Twitter too!
post #65 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Forum Regular

First of all, I have my conceal and carry in NC, and learned in the class (I just got it a few months back) that one CANNOT under any circumstances conceal or carry of any sort a gun during an assembly where money was charged for admission. This includes the state fair, movie theaters, anything. I do not know the laws in CO but I would assume there similar, this is a rather large part of the laws in NC (understandably so, it affects tons of activities) so there quite possibly is a similar law in CO. That would be worth checking on first.

Second, I understand that some people are uncomfortable with guns, especially handguns, and especially around children. I understand that, and I respect that totally. However, I think Savvyav is mistaking the entire purpose of carrying a gun, whether it is necessary or not (little chance he will need it at the FJ Summit, completely agree). From the beginning it is a constitutional right (when under the correct circumstances as dictated by the law) and you on a daily basis exercise your right to free speech and make no one yells at you or complains when you do that. My point is that everyone who does conceal and carry a gun (as far as I know, and god knows I don't know everything) is LICENSED and TRAINED in the use of it. Now, if someone on these trail rides or at the event itself is NOT licensed, then I myself would be totally comfortable and within my rights and even duty to ask that purpose to put the gun away and even contact the appropriate authorities. However, as far as I've been able to tell, everyone who was at the last Summit was licensed, trained, and as far as I know acting in a mature way. Also, the consumption of alcohol was mentioned by some, and again, in NC, it is illegal to conceal and carry after having one sip of any alcoholic beverage or in any place that serves any alcoholic beverage.

Again, I want to reiterate that there is a huge amount of nuance involved in this debate. I simply don't think making fun of someone for choosing to exercise a very simple, common, and legal practice is mature, helpful, or intelligent. In no way am I saying that you're being irrational or crazy for not liking being around guns or people that are openly carrying them, I am simply saying that comments like
Quote:
Meant as a pun or not...funny.
The open carry was toolriffic. C'mon, the camo pants (necessary, I'm sure) wasn't even the right jungle pattern and the holster rig..please.

I met better people and got in more trouble minus the "summit".

I'm putting tank treads, battle armor, a turret and a "LOOK AT ME" sticker across my windshield so people with give me the attention my parents never gave me...please. *sarcasm, for the slow*
are not constructive in any way shape form or fashion. IF people are practicing open carry, they can be asked to put away and if they have a concealed permit in CO they will be much more comfortable and knowledgeable of the CO laws and I would highly doubt they would risk losing their permit, their weapon and whatever else CO law dictates.

There are my .02$, have at it.

2007 5AT Voodoo

Finished:
ATRAC Hack | Pioneer AVIC D-1 | Cobra 25 LTD CB | Destination M/T 285/75/16 | Body Mount Well Chopped | ICON Stage 1 - Extended Travel | Light Racing UCA's | | Budbuilt Sliders | Bajarack | Blacked Out | 'Sawzall' High Tuck Exhaust

Next:
SCUBA Breathers
Custom Tube Doors?!?!
post #66 of 66 (permalink) Old 03-16-2009, 11:58 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Sean K. previously said: View Post

Where is NRA on this issue? Do they just not wish to engage these kinds of suits?

The NRA is too busy sending 8X the annual membership price worth of mail to each member. Seriously, have you seen the amount of mail they send? Far worse than Edward Jones.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion > 2009 FJCruiser Summit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in