11K views 140 replies 59 participants last post by  sandabbe 
#1 ·
Look boys. We're on the cover! :D

and i just had to try to fit my fj in this one. hehe

See less See more
#7 ·
me! me! me!

#8 ·
I'll be coming again this year. I plan on doing a 4-day expedition through Utah's Valley of the Gods and hitting Comb Ridge, Cottonwood Wash, Beef Basin, Bobby's Hole, Elephant Hill, and ending in Canyonland National Park. It's about 230 miles west of Ouray, so it's I guess about a half a days drive away from Ouray.

If anyone else gets a wild hair and wants to join me on this mini Pre-Summit Expedition let me know. I got the idea for this trip from the Summer 2007 edition of Overland Journal. It has a great article documenting this trip and the last page has all the GPS points listed for easy navigation. It should be an easy trip with beautiful scenery everywhere you look. I can’t wait!!!!!!!!!

#14 ·
Have the room waiting on registration to open.

#11 ·
We will be there! Got a room booked at the Ouray Hotel, $90.00 for a King mini suite! Way cheeper than the Box Canyon Lodge at $130 a night. Just no hot tub! Which we will probly not use anyway! But it does have Air conditioning, which we need! :)

#12 ·
Woodsman just returned from British Columbia a little bit ago and was greeted with that same issue of Off Road Adventures. Woodsman does plan to be at the Summit. :)

#15 · (Edited)
Yep. we are at Rivers edge and it is filling up fast.

Gidden, I have that same issue, keep reading that route. I am interested but it is going to be hot as heddes, around that time of year....Still considering tagging along. Will you be going before our after the summit?

Can't wait to be standing in the food line once again and suddenly realize that the famous "Woodsman" is standing behind me, will get autograph this year!!

#18 ·
Can't wait to be standing in the food line once again and suddenly realize that the famous "Woodsman" is standing behind me, will get autograph this year!!
Somebody talking 'bout the Woodsman behind his back and right under his nose ? :jester:

#17 ·
TRDParts4U.com will be there again this year. We wouldn't miss it for anything. We had a great time last year and getting to meet many of our online friends in person made the trip extra special.

The FJ community is a great group of folks and being able to give something back to them for all their support over the years is very important to us.

We will be announcing what this years Raffle items will be from TRDParts real soon.

Watch for an anoucement where you will get a chance to tell us what you want to see us bring for this years raffle.

See you in Ouray!!!

#19 ·
Woodsman didn't even say hi to me :(

#21 ·
Hi Athena. :lol: Better late than never.

Woodsman's just so stuck up. :jester:

#22 ·
Oh cool!! Woodsman is giving autographs this year ??!!

#24 ·
Looking forward to this year's 2009 Summit.

#28 ·
Hi guys,

Registration page is ready, but I want to test if first, just to check and make sure everything is correct.

I need 5 volunteers to test it out.

You WILL have to re-register, but I want to make sure everything works.

Email me at seth@fjsummit.org if you want to help me test it out, and I'll send you a link.

I just want 5 people...so first 5 to email me gets to be a test ginney pig !

:clap:

#30 ·
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

#32 ·
I just meant I'm going... but I will send my email :)

#34 ·
i have a room reserved already.....plan on going with wife so she can keep me out of trouble and out of hot tubs naked....:D :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.