Night time run? - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
2010 FJCruiser Summit For all threads pertaining to the 4th annual FJCruiser Summit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Night time run?

Last year I was sort of interested in a night run and I know there were some impromptu ones, but somehow I didn't hear about them until afterward. No big deal.

But I just got a set of driving lights and I'm pretty excited about them so I was wondering whether there is a way to include an official night run in the program.

I don't know whether that would be allowed under whatever agreement the summit has with the town and the forest service or if the liability is too high. If it is possible I would definitely be interested.

'07 VB FJ 6MT, 3'' OME, 285/75/R16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 16x8 ATX Chamber Teflons, Demello Front Bumper, TRD CAI, TRD Exhaust, Lightforce 170s, Trail Gear sliders, SCUBA Mod and some other minor doodads...

The Ultimate Toolbox: Duct tape - For things that move but shouldn't; WD40 - For things that don't move but should.

My build
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Quoted: 1010 Post(s)
Re: Night time run?

I got a set of lights and deflector last year at the Summit. Just might be up for a run over Imogene, or just up to Yankee Boy hmmm.

Last edited by rotorhed1; 02-18-2010 at 06:58 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-19-2010, 09:08 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

I am in for a night run, or three.

Please don't buy Firestone Destination M/T tires. They will fall apart!

ILLINOIS STATE-GO REDBIRDS!

2007 BD FJC I LOVE USED PARTS!

*130K miles and counting...

FJ Summiteer 2008, 2010 & 2013
Moab 2010 & 2013

Please visit
http://www.chitown4x4.com/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 02:35 PM
Forum Superstar

Lifetime Supporting Member

There are night runs every night, but as far as an official one, you'll just have to wait and see.

-Jared

RIP Mike "Shadow Warrior" you were good man and a good friend to us all!

"If you feel you have been given poor service on this site, I'll gladly provide you with a full refund: $0.00 - ekool"
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-23-2010, 02:48 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
4RnrJ previously said: View Post
There are night runs every night, but as far as an official one, you'll just have to wait and see.
I know there are ... but as I said I always seem to miss the departure or I don't find about them until after a beer or two, so if it's not an administrative issue and there is interest why not add it to the program?

'07 VB FJ 6MT, 3'' OME, 285/75/R16 Nitto Terra Grapplers, 16x8 ATX Chamber Teflons, Demello Front Bumper, TRD CAI, TRD Exhaust, Lightforce 170s, Trail Gear sliders, SCUBA Mod and some other minor doodads...

The Ultimate Toolbox: Duct tape - For things that move but shouldn't; WD40 - For things that don't move but should.

My build
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-24-2010, 06:37 AM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
Ranger92 previously said: View Post
I know there are ... but as I said I always seem to miss the departure or I don't find about them until after a beer or two, so if it's not an administrative issue and there is interest why not add it to the program?
If it is added to the program, then it is endorsed by the official event. In the past there was concern that our forest service permit did not cover night runs, but we are looking into that this year. So, "wait and see", it might be an official part this year.

Last year there was an organized night poughkeepsie run that had it's own thread and everyone knew when it was going to happen. I'm sure there will be something similar this year, so just check back here when the event gets closer.

-Jared

"If you feel you have been given poor service on this site, I'll gladly provide you with a full refund: $0.00 - ekool"
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 02-25-2010, 09:01 AM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
4RnrJ previously said: View Post
If it is added to the program, then it is endorsed by the official event. In the past there was concern that our forest service permit did not cover night runs, but we are looking into that this year. So, "wait and see", it might be an official part this year.

Last year there was an organized night poughkeepsie run that had it's own thread and everyone knew when it was going to happen. I'm sure there will be something similar this year, so just check back here when the event gets closer.
Yeah I figured there might be liability concerns with the forest service. I'll try and keep my eyes open. Thanks.

My build
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-16-2010, 08:54 PM
Forum Veteran

It looks like I might be able to go this year and I missed the night runs also last year. I won a set of light force lights at Pismo and just put them on. I'm ready for a night run so count me in if we make it. We can find some more mud this time!

Dave

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-17-2010, 03:40 PM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
centralcalfj previously said: View Post
It looks like I might be able to go this year and I missed the night runs also last year. I won a set of light force lights at Pismo and just put them on. I'm ready for a night run so count me in if we make it. We can find some more mud this time!
Who knows on mud. If the snowpack is any indication, you'll probably have to hope for a lot of rain to get much mud. We have less snow than last year, so it might be another dry one. The year before was muddy on every single run, so you never know.

-Jared

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion > 2010 FJCruiser Summit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in