Black Bear - The Steps Video - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
2010 FJCruiser Summit For all threads pertaining to the 4th annual FJCruiser Summit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-13-2010, 03:57 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Black Bear - The Steps Video

Quote:
4RnrJ previously said: View Post
Just wait to see the Montrose trails we're looking at adding. They will DEFINITELY not be stock capable. We'll make sure the "there's no hard trails in the area" statements will stop after this year.
I believe you. I ran into a guy last year on the way home that stated the most hardcore trails around are in the Montrose area . . . and he was including Moab in the comparison. I've seen pictures since then and believe what he said.

FJ Summit Co-Director since 2013 email: james at fjsummit dot org

2008 Sandstorm FJ Cruiser
2019 White TRD Premium 4Runner

I am the Woodsman...the four-wheelin', tree-farmin', custom-furniture-makin' descendant of Olaf "The Woodcutter" Ingjaldsson.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 02:14 PM
VDM
Mistress of Mud

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Yeah, beautiful scenery but I have a serious fear of heights. Just watching from the heights perspective makes my heart skip a beat.

SMC Outlaws
PULLEY PRINCESS
FUN AINT FREE

<a href=https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3387&dateline=1207700500 target=_blank>https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ine=1207700500</a>
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-17-2010, 03:11 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)

Quote:
I have a serious fear of heights
That's what Depends are for.

Jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 04:34 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)

I am afraid of heights too, but Black Bear is a very doable trail with your fears. You are never close to the edge. Like I told a friend last year, you would have to jump the curb run down two parking meters and hit a building at home. Do you or have you ever done that? I doubt it. Black bear is no more dangerous than driving down the local freeway. It is wide and plenty of room in the turns, never getting with in 4-5 foot of the edge. Relax and overcome your fears, you will be glad you did.
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 07:17 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
skersfan previously said: View Post
I am afraid of heights too, but Black Bear is a very doable trail with your fears. You are never close to the edge. Like I told a friend last year, you would have to jump the curb run down two parking meters and hit a building at home. Do you or have you ever done that? I doubt it. Black bear is no more dangerous than driving down the local freeway. It is wide and plenty of room in the turns, never getting with in 4-5 foot of the edge. Relax and overcome your fears, you will be glad you did.
We were with a group of folks (sponsors) who tried it without a single 3-point turn... THOSE guys were getting close to the edge. So if you make that a goal, you can make it as scary as you want!

-Jared

RIP Mike "Shadow Warrior" you were good man and a good friend to us all!

"If you feel you have been given poor service on this site, I'll gladly provide you with a full refund: $0.00 - ekool"
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 09:00 AM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Then there is this famous photo:

I think they have widened it a bit since this photo was taken!

ďSince you have chosen to elect a man with a timber toe to succeed me, you may all go to hell and I will go to Texas.Ē

Davy Crocket

My Rig: - well, that was my rig...

TLCA Member # 20540
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 03:54 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)

I was one of those last year. Did it with no backups at all. Sure you get close doing that, but that is not required nor recommended. The idea is to have fun and it is a trail that you will remember no matter how you do it. Just don't let someone else decide if you can or can't. Your vehicle is more than capable of the trail. If you are considering it, your talents are most likely up to it. I led it last year with 7 beginners, a couple from Kansas, with sticks, who had never been out of Kansas. Agreed it is not the scenic Flint Hills!!!! All made it safely and enjoyed their trips. Some of the wives were concerned at the beginning, but just take your time and have fun. The Summit will not put you out on the trail with someone that is not capable of helping you through it. Be safe.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 05-29-2010, 04:31 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

i love the pucker factor on black bear i think my wife used every cruse word in the book last year, but when we got done she wanted to do it again

"FJ's are the harvester's of jeep's souls"

-KCCO-

2008 trail teams SOLD( METAL TECH front bumper and tube doors, SAW lift, 305/70/16r BFG KM2's, total chaos UCA, toy outfitters LCA, SUPERWINCH rock 95, VIKING winch line, SCUBA mod, KC lights, TRD cold air intake, AERO FLOW head light covers, TUFFY light bar, M-PAC straddle & pet barrier, GARMIN 60csx, MIDLAND cb and bandi mount, FOURTREKS tool and hi lift mounts, BODY DAMAGE, Beer opener mod, RICOCHET skids, MAN-A-FRE shock skids, CRAWLORADO hood blackout, TRAIL-GEAR rear bumper, RACE ACE hood lovers)
post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 08:17 PM
VDM
Mistress of Mud

Quote:
Gottagetone previously said: View Post

PHUCK THAT SCHIT!!!

Even Depends won't help with that!

SMC Outlaws
PULLEY PRINCESS
FUN AINT FREE

<a href=https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3387&dateline=1207700500 target=_blank>https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ine=1207700500</a>
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-03-2010, 08:40 PM
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to PA-NC Cruiser Send a message via Yahoo to PA-NC Cruiser

Quote:
Gottagetone previously said: View Post

HOLY GOD!

AT THE EDGE......

2010 Trail Teams Edition - Toytec 3" Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG A/Ts, J-Stanley Custom Shifter, Underarmor by BudBuilt, Ricochet LCA guards, Hardline Fabrication/Toy Outfitters Rear Lower Links, Outrider Suspension Armor (rear lower link mount and shock armor), PIAA XTreme White Plus headlights, PIAA 520 series Fog/Driving lights, BajaRack OEM roofrack basket, MaxTrax recovery ramps, Husky Floor Liners, Midland 75-822, Bandi Mount with 4' Firestick II, K&N drop in airfilter for on-road travel, OEM Airfilter when wheeling.....AND the OrangeBoxx Side Cubby PSD (NCFJ Edition) from our good friends at www.orangeboxxfabrication.com

www.ncfjcruisers.com

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion > 2010 FJCruiser Summit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in