Big announcement for the FJ Summit!! - Page 3 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
2010 FJCruiser Summit For all threads pertaining to the 4th annual FJCruiser Summit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 11:05 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to thenookie
Re: Big announcement for the FJ Summit!!

Quote:
Raggler previously said: View Post
Cool Effin Beans!
We are very excited about this. The more people and FJ's we can get at the event will go a long way to show Toyota how important the FJ is to the market.

He is very excited to be coming out will be in an FJ joining people on group runs on Friday and Saturday. He will also be there for the raffle and and the group photo shoot on Sunday morning.

We can't wait to see you all in July.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 11:52 AM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

I know all in attendance will show him a great time but please when you take him for a ride just the easy scenic trails no extreme white knuckle stuff. I want him to come back next year when I can attend.
Have fun and look forward to reading about his visit.
post #23 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
Bill L previously said: View Post
I know all in attendance will show him a great time but please when you take him for a ride just the easy scenic trails no extreme white knuckle stuff. I want him to come back next year when I can attend.
He is actually going to have his own FJ out in Ouray to drive around. We will try not to get him into any trouble.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 03:12 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
thenookie previously said: View Post
He is actually going to have his own FJ out in Ouray to drive around. We will try not to get him into any trouble.

Dibs on riding with him.

-Jared

RIP Mike "Shadow Warrior" you were good man and a good friend to us all!

"If you feel you have been given poor service on this site, I'll gladly provide you with a full refund: $0.00 - ekool"
post #25 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 04:02 PM
Forum Regular

Awesome! Now we have to think up some questions for him. He is here for primary research and to provide feedback to Toyota's R&D (Research and development) team. I was a product manager in R&D for several years in some large Fortune 1000 companies. It is important that we provide clear information to him that consists of the problems with the FJC as well as new features you would like to see in future FJCs. We all know the big issues such as the engine well cracking problems, poor visibility in rear window, poor gas mileage, ... but need to bring to light some of the smaller issues as well.

THIS IS YOUR OPPORTUNITY TO SKIP THE BUREAUCRACY OF A LARGE COMPANY, SUCH AS TOYOTA, AND HAVE YOUR VOICE HEARD! The key thing that will get features/functionality into future FJCs is opportunity for Toyota to have increased revenue and market share in this market segment. So phrase your feedback accordingly.

Hope this helps,

Bourne2cruise

Mods:
2010 16" Bronze TRD Wheels
285 75R 16 Nitto Terra Grappler AT's
Light Racing UCA's
ICON Ext. Travel Coil Overs
ICON 2.5 Piggy Backs
ICON 2" Coils
ICON Billet Rear Trailing Arms
Demello Flat Top Winch Bumper
Demello Hybrid Sliders
Demello Jack Clamps
Warn M8000
PIAA 510 SMR white driving lights

[U]Wish List:[/U
Dirty Parts Dual Battery Kit
Rear Bumper
Safari Scuba Kit

GB
post #26 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-09-2010, 04:08 PM
Sockless Superstar

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Nishimura San had to fight Toyota to keep the vertical A pillar and windshield. While it has not endeared itself to those who have gone through multiple windshields, it has given us a better off-road vehicle and a retro look. I would like to honor that man in person, but I will not make it this year. I hope somebody can pass along my thanks and respect to this man who bucked a "safe" trend to give us our beloved FJC.

post #27 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-10-2010, 04:02 PM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
Dragon previously said: View Post
Nishimura San had to fight Toyota to keep the vertical A pillar and windshield. While it has not endeared itself to those who have gone through multiple windshields, it has given us a better off-road vehicle and a retro look. I would like to honor that man in person, but I will not make it this year. I hope somebody can pass along my thanks and respect to this man who bucked a "safe" trend to give us our beloved FJC.
Wish you could make it out this year, you will be missed!
post #28 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 05:22 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Bill L previously said: View Post
I respectfully disagree. While he should obviously get a chance to check out the awesome alpine beauty of the area, I think it is important that he also see how we are using these FJs and gain an understanding of what we really want and expect out of an off-road vehicle. Surely, he's been off-roading before.

While I've read the FJ brochures and the discussions of the FJs design, it is obvious that some things could have been improved upon (body mounts, inner fender issues, small gas tank, etc).

I imagine that he's going to suffer from FJ overload when he sees all the built rigs. He'll get back to work the following week and start showing off pictures. His design staff will be walking funny the rest of the week.

FJ Summit Co-Director since 2013 email: james at fjsummit dot org

2008 Sandstorm FJ Cruiser
2019 White TRD Premium 4Runner

I am the Woodsman...the four-wheelin', tree-farmin', custom-furniture-makin' descendant of Olaf "The Woodcutter" Ingjaldsson.
post #29 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 05:38 PM
Forum Master

Send a message via MSN to PA-NC Cruiser Send a message via Yahoo to PA-NC Cruiser

Quote:
4RnrJ previously said: View Post

Mr. Akio Nishimura - Chief Engineer FJ Cruiser, Tacoma, and 4Runner from Toyota Japan will be attending the FJ Summit this year! He has been the Chief Engineer of the FJ since it's first running, so I have a hunch he knows a thing or two about your favorite vehicle.

With him will be coming some other special folks from Toyota besides Frank Bonnett from TRD who's come the last two years, so this looks like it is going to be an exciting event this go around.

Hopefully Mr. Akio Nishimura and his crew will have a great time and see first hand how many owners LOVE their FJs.

I unfortunately cannot make it this year due to prior engagements, but absolutely plan on attending next year. Would be nice to see him there next year as well.

Also, any official number of attendees so far?

2010 Trail Teams Edition - Toytec 3" Ultimate Lift, Light Racing UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG A/Ts, J-Stanley Custom Shifter, Underarmor by BudBuilt, Ricochet LCA guards, Hardline Fabrication/Toy Outfitters Rear Lower Links, Outrider Suspension Armor (rear lower link mount and shock armor), PIAA XTreme White Plus headlights, PIAA 520 series Fog/Driving lights, BajaRack OEM roofrack basket, MaxTrax recovery ramps, Husky Floor Liners, Midland 75-822, Bandi Mount with 4' Firestick II, K&N drop in airfilter for on-road travel, OEM Airfilter when wheeling.....AND the OrangeBoxx Side Cubby PSD (NCFJ Edition) from our good friends at www.orangeboxxfabrication.com

www.ncfjcruisers.com

Last edited by PA-NC Cruiser; 06-11-2010 at 05:41 PM.
post #30 of 74 (permalink) Old 06-11-2010, 07:09 PM
fka luvshisfj

Quoted: 6 Post(s)

Oh....and also in attendance of the 2010 FJ Summit.......RAGGLER! I will be holding a meet and greet at a local PUB....Time and Date is TBA! Thank You all

08 Titanium Silver:AT, Convenience Pkg, Upgrade #2, 4WD,A-Trac, Rear Dif Lock, Exp1 Front & Rear Bumpers,Superwinch, OEM Rack,OEM Sliders, 315/70/17 Kumho M/T w/ ATX Wheels,1.25" Spidertrax (front & back), 6" RC lift,TC UCA's, ICON Front Coilovers,AFE CAI,Custom Drive Shaft,Dirty Parts DB setup,Bandi Mount, Scuba Mod,Body Mount Chop, Razorback emblem on front skid.

Check out my Pics here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/raggler/

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion > 2010 FJCruiser Summit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in