Unofficial Wednesday Run ? - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
2010 FJCruiser Summit For all threads pertaining to the 4th annual FJCruiser Summit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 08:59 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Unofficial Wednesday Run ?

Quote:
Miata2k previously said: View Post
Last I talked to DO they said they didn't have plans to attending the Summit this year. I guess that could change, but I can't count on them bringing it. One other problem, How do I get my old bumper back home?

-C
Verbally Demello said he was coming, and old bumpers are easy to fit in the back, or tie to the roof. Also, why do you still want your stock bumper?

I'll probably be doing a ton of runs Wednesday like last year, prerunning them all most likely, so look around the best western, you'll find someone going up at some point. I think last year I did three trails on Wednesday. I'll be going fast though!

-Jared

RIP Mike "Shadow Warrior" you were good man and a good friend to us all!

"If you feel you have been given poor service on this site, I'll gladly provide you with a full refund: $0.00 - ekool"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 11:02 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
4RnrJ previously said: View Post
Verbally Demello said he was coming, and old bumpers are easy to fit in the back, or tie to the roof. Also, why do you still want your stock bumper?

I'll probably be doing a ton of runs Wednesday like last year, prerunning them all most likely, so look around the best western, you'll find someone going up at some point. I think last year I did three trails on Wednesday. I'll be going fast though!
Demello may be at the event, but If I can get the bumper installed before the trip, I'll have more time on the trails. And why wouldn't you want to keep your old bumper? What If I want to sell the FJ and return it to stock?

As far as pre running the trails, I'm not sure I'd be able to keep up. I'd rather go with some people that are running stock, or there for the first time and need some extra time. I'm not much of a hard core wheeler, my FJ just isn't build up for it.

-Chuck

If you do want to meet up, I'll be driving an FJ Cruiser. Ok, a Brick 08 FJ, with Oklahoma Tags and a dent/scrape on the passenger side doors.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
Demello may be at the event, but If I can get the bumper installed before the trip, I'll have more time on the trails. And why wouldn't you want to keep your old bumper? What If I want to sell the FJ and return it to stock?

As far as pre running the trails, I'm not sure I'd be able to keep up. I'd rather go with some people that are running stock, or there for the first time and need some extra time. I'm not much of a hard core wheeler, my FJ just isn't build up for it.

-Chuck

If you do want to meet up, I'll be driving an FJ Cruiser. Ok, a Brick 08 FJ, with Oklahoma Tags and a dent/scrape on the passenger side doors.
I'm sure we won't always be going fast. I'll be easier to find, I'll have the only 4th Gen 4Runner at the event!

-Jared

"If you feel you have been given poor service on this site, I'll gladly provide you with a full refund: $0.00 - ekool"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 01:51 PM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
4RnrJ previously said: View Post
I'm sure we won't always be going fast. I'll be easier to find, I'll have the only 4th Gen 4Runner at the event!
What does Phil from TRD Parts 4 U drive? He helped me out last year with a flat on our last run.
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 02:55 PM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
What does Phil from TRD Parts 4 U drive? He helped me out last year with a flat on our last run.
He won't be there this year, so I am now the only one.

-Jared

post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)

I will be in town Tuesday afternoon, so I would love to go with you. I am testing a trailer so will not be going as fast as the wild man!!!!

PM me and I will give you my cell number, we can meet up and do any and all you want.

Do not worry about your stock vehicle, it will do all the trails around Ouray, Montrose not so much.

This is an event of beauty, not hard core driving, truck thrashing. Enjoy the splendor that is Ouray, you will never forget it.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 06-29-2010, 08:29 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

(Thread Starter)

I just signed up to be a Trail Lead for California / Corkscrew on Thursday 9am. So to get ready for it I'd like to run the trail on Wednesday but with a slight modification. I'd like to meet in Ouray and drive down to Silverton to start the run at the Old Hundred Gold Mine Tour. It looks interesting and that's the kind of thing I like to do while on vacation.

So if anyone is interested, here is the plan.

Meet the the Best Western some time in the morning say 9:30 (TBD).
Drive down to SIlverton via HWY 550.
Follow the directions to the Mine on CR 2.
Enjoy the hour long tour (Adults $17 others less)
Prep FJ's for the trail (Eg, Air Down, get a water from the ice chest)
Take CR2 North back to the Alpine loop and a quick stop in "Animas Forks".
From Animas Forks continue on the Alpine look to the California Gulch Trail head.
California Gulch connects up to Corkscrew Gulch and then back to HWY 550.
Air up and take Hwy 550 back to Ouray.

Please PM me if you are interested.

Thanks,
Chuck

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion > 2010 FJCruiser Summit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in