Open letter to the jackhole who stole our sign... - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
2010 FJCruiser Summit For all threads pertaining to the 4th annual FJCruiser Summit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 08:57 AM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
Open letter to the jackhole who stole our sign...

we give those signs to the top tier sponsors. So please, after you steal a $400+ vinyl sign from the front of town, you decide which of our top tier sponsors not to give a sign too. Toytec, MetalTech, Otterbox, TRDParts4U, Toyota, etc., etc. I think all earned those signs.

Us directors usually try to grab the leftovers, but because that sign and some others were stolen, we can't. So yeah, thanks a lot a-hole. **Edit** <- substitute "a-hole" with "awesome guy"

*** Updated ***

Someone sent one of our signs in the mail to us. Thank you for being awesome and returning it to us. No questions asked as promised. We're stoked. So yeah, sorry to call you names, you are awesome whoever you are!

*** Updated ***

-Jared

RIP Mike "Shadow Warrior" you were good man and a good friend to us all!

"If you feel you have been given poor service on this site, I'll gladly provide you with a full refund: $0.00 - ekool"

Last edited by 4RnrJ; 07-30-2010 at 11:14 AM. Reason: Awesomeness!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 08:59 AM
Formerly FJ_Marine

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Re: Open letter to the jackhole who stole our sign...

That's pretty pathetic........

Dave
1984 FJ60

[O]=TOYOTA=[O]

^^^ CLICK TO SEE MY 1984 FJ60 PROJECT ^^^
post #3 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 09:05 AM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Nice. Steal something you forever more cannot allow to be seen by any other member of the forum in person or in photos. Excellent way to think that theft through.

2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
2011 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew

2010 FJ Trail Teams Edition
Built 11/09 Production #78410 TT #704
Sold January 2011

White Knuckle Off-Road rock rails, Expedition One "Diamond" front bumper, Icon 3" suspension lift,
Total Chaos Fab front UCAs, Cooper STT 285/75R16 tires, Springtail rear-door MOLLE rack,
48" High Lift on Demello clamps, Alarm, Nav, Shortwave radio, etc.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 10:42 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

I would give the person an opportunity to make it right and send the sign back at their cost. Is it possible it was an honest mistake? Maybe it wasn't even a forum member; maybe they just thought it was a cool sign.

I would post up a way to return the sign anonymously to make this all go away. Put down the pitchforks and torches and see if this can be solved peacefully.

Landy

Support these fine vendors!
TRDParts4U
Demello Offroad
Ricochet
Icon Vehicle Dynamics
post #5 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 10:46 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
landy previously said: View Post
I would give the person an opportunity to make it right and send the sign back at their cost. Is it possible it was an honest mistake? Maybe it wasn't even a forum member; maybe they just thought it was a cool sign.

I would post up a way to return the sign anonymously to make this all go away. Put down the pitchforks and torches and see if this can be solved peacefully.
x2

Jared, can you post up a return mailing address?

Terry

2007 FJ Cruiser TRD SE - SOLD
2000 Land Cruiser UZJ100 The Wife's - SOLD
20?? FJ Cruiser - Coming Soon
2008 4 Runner Limited - Let the modding begin

My TRD Build Up

Have you tried FIREFOX with AdBlocker +
post #6 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 10:54 AM
Forum Master

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Quote:

Worth a shot. People do make stupid decisions sometimes. Maybe they will make a smart decision and send the sign back thus correcting their mistake.

2010-FJ2WD--0058/11-CQ-RL-UR2-CA1-CR1-TWHR2-XY7-DH60- SS exhaust tip, door seal protectors,Weather tec vent visors, Husky floor liners, OEM AW cargo mat, OEM rock rail with step assist, GPS mirror mount, stealth fog lights, and OEM bug/rock shield. added second horn
Installed wesayso air dam.
2011 Forum Badge

Full custom Dyna Low Rider
09 Street Glide w/mods (The Old Man's Scooter)
97 F150 Lariat
04 Maxima SE
post #7 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 10:55 AM
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Is it possible it was an honest mistake?
I admit I'm not a tolerant person, but how can you make an honest mistake when you decide to cut down and take something that (a.) you didn't hang there and (b.) isn't your property?

I do agree that providing the person an opportunity to mail back said stolen property is a decent way to handle it, but let's not be so hasty to marginalize what happened either. This year it's a sign. Next year it could be someone's shortwave antenna, or a hi-lift jack, or some other easily swiped piece.

It's pretty low-brow no matter how it went down. Civilized behavior is what separates us from the animals... and Jeep owners.

( just kidding about the Jeep owners )

2012 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited
2011 Ford SVT Raptor SuperCrew

2010 FJ Trail Teams Edition
Built 11/09 Production #78410 TT #704
Sold January 2011

White Knuckle Off-Road rock rails, Expedition One "Diamond" front bumper, Icon 3" suspension lift,
Total Chaos Fab front UCAs, Cooper STT 285/75R16 tires, Springtail rear-door MOLLE rack,
48" High Lift on Demello clamps, Alarm, Nav, Shortwave radio, etc.

post #8 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 11:16 AM
Forum Master

Quoted: 2 Post(s)

Roger that DK.

In the early 90's I was in Greenville, SC for the National Harley Owners Group Rally.
Two buddies and I was downtown at the event on Saturday night and the Budwieser guy was taking down his sign and I asked him what he was going to do with it. He stated that they would trash it. I told him that I would like to have it to hang in my garage one day when I bought a house that had a garage. (Huge vinyl sign that said Budwieser Welcomes Bikers)
He said it yours.(P!ssed off buddies for not speaking up.)
Of course it did not hurt that I had his product in my right hand.
Garage added last year and sign posted.
Sometimes if you ask people will give this type of stuff away.

2010-FJ2WD--0058/11-CQ-RL-UR2-CA1-CR1-TWHR2-XY7-DH60- SS exhaust tip, door seal protectors,Weather tec vent visors, Husky floor liners, OEM AW cargo mat, OEM rock rail with step assist, GPS mirror mount, stealth fog lights, and OEM bug/rock shield. added second horn
Installed wesayso air dam.
2011 Forum Badge

Full custom Dyna Low Rider
09 Street Glide w/mods (The Old Man's Scooter)
97 F150 Lariat
04 Maxima SE
post #9 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 11:30 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 11 Post(s)

I was in no way saying that this isn't a serious offense. All I'm saying is assuming positive intent can get you further than immediate accusation. Get the facts, then take appropriate action. Nobody's life is at risk here so there's no reason for a knee-jerk reaction.

I've been in a similar situation before. I reached out to my community and explained that the signs we use get re-used every year and that they are very costly to replace. The sign was then returned to us.

I would highly recommend changing the title and the first post so that if the guilty party is indeed on the forum, they don't feel attacked.

Jared, I'm not saying what you did was in any way wrong. If you want a solution, then this isn't exactly the way I'd go about it.

to everyone, seriously. Theft is always a big deal, I didn't mean to imply it wasn't.

Landy

Support these fine vendors!
TRDParts4U
Demello Offroad
Ricochet
Icon Vehicle Dynamics
post #10 of 63 (permalink) Old 07-25-2010, 06:22 PM
Forum Veteran

That's just classy!! they can always send it without a return address and it might not make us think about that person better, and really since we won't know who they are it won't matter to us but maybe that person can feel a little better about themselves ..... but I think that's a long shot!!! I will say that I did want to ask about one but figured they were already spoken for. Some people just suck, plain and simple!

Brandon
TLCA# 20304
2008 FJC (SRTBUS) Trail Gear Rock Defense bumpers with TG8000 winch /Total Chaos lower and upper CA's with LCA cam replacements/ Icon front coil overs with res. and wraps, rear springs with VS shocks, adjustable panhard arm/ Timbrem bumpstops / All Pro Sway Bar Link 2.0, Spindle Gusset, High Clearance EX / Skyjacker rear sway bar link/ SleeOffRoad RLCA, BMC, brake line kit/ BudBuilt.Com Stainless Steel Front / OUTRIDER shock skids/ OvRox back seat tool box-Hi lift jack mount/ Bajaracks drop in/ ARB 2500 awning/ Rigid grill insert w/ HD D-series and TRD'd in spots with one more to go, unlocked but I'm o.k. with that and 285/70/17 BFG MT's........for now!

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion > 2010 FJCruiser Summit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in