ToyotaTRDParts.com Update - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
2011 FJ Cruiser Summit This is for all discussion involving the 2011 FJ Cruiser Summit

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 02:42 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Vendor

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
ToyotaTRDParts.com Update

Having been actively involved since the beginning of the FJ Summit, and attending last year on my own with wife, making the decision to withdraw from attending this years Summit was not an easy one for me to do.

First I want to thank the Summit committee for their dedication to making each year more successful then the last and for their countless hours preparing everything so others can experience their FJ Cruiser with others that share the same passion for their Toyota vehicles, to see the beauty of the Colorado mountains and what being part of the Toyota Family is all about.

As many of you know, I was the former Parts Director for Toyota of Dallas, VTAIG - (TRDParts4U.com) until May of 2010. I unfortunately was part of the downsizing that many of us in this business went through as did so many others in numerous occupations.

After taking 7 months off with my wife traveling throughout the Mid-west and funds getting tight, I was offered an opportunity from VTAIG (Van Tuyl Automotive Group) to takeover one of the sister Toyota stores in Arlington, Texas which meant I didn't have to relocate, since it is only 30 minutes from home. Even though these stores are jointly owned by Van Tuyl Automotive Group, each store has a Separate Partner/Owner. After meeting this Partner I knew this would be a good fit.

I immediately began working on setting up suppliers, staff and getting our website geared towards supporting our friends, the FJ Cruiser and Off-road Toyota Owners. I asked Nathan Clark formerly of Pep Boys and Owner of Pathfinder Recovery Gear to come manage our web site. Many of the suppliers I had done business with for the past 7 years began contacting us and offered to support our new endeavor.

Once we had things in place, I contacted Seth & Tim regarding the 2011 FJ Summit and made sure they knew I planned to fully support the FJ Summit as I have done in years past, just as a different Vendor. They welcomed us and plans for the 2011 FJ Summit began.

As this years Summit Plans evolved and more Vendors signed up, it became obvious to me that the need to have two competing stores setting up and selling basically the same items didn't make a lot of sense. After talking with the Summit committee (who were very accommodating), we made the final decision to withdraw from attending this year’s event and it was done in the best interest of the Summit.

We will still be donating some Raffle items and support this GREAT EVENT.

We wish all our friends and the friends we have yet to meet, our best wishes for Fantastic 2011 FJ Summit.

Please feel free to visit our website for Pre and Post Summit Specials. www.toyotatrdparts.com

Phil(Strap22)

Genuine Toyota/TRD Parts & Accessories
Authorized ARB/OME Distributor
http://parts.fredandersontoyota.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 04:06 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Re: ToyotaTRDParts.com Update

Sorry to hear that Phil, but I understand the circumstances surrounding this and I think you did an admirable thing. Hope to see you on the trails soon.

2008 Trail Teams Special Edition

Friendly and Useful Vendors I send money to from time to time:

MetalTech
Demello Offroad
SpringtailSolutions
RicochetOffroad

Where my money goes...(CLICK FOR THE BUILD OF OREO)
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 05-30-2011, 09:05 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)

We will miss you this year Phil.

You can outrun a Crown Vic, but you can't outrun a MOTOROLA.

DO ROCKS!!! www.demello-offroad.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-01-2011, 01:37 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

A very classy thing to do, Phil, and an admirable act, as already mentioned.

Sorry to hear that you're not making the summit, but glad to hear you're settled in the new venture (and still in town to boot).

Dennis' Titanium 'Bird of Prey':
'08 Titanium 4X4; AT; LD; A-Trac; Cobra CB radio & Bandi-mount mini whip; Yaesu FT-7800R HAM radio & Comet SBB7 hatch-mounted 5/8 wave antenna Call Sign: KE5WTX; Toyota extra horn mod; BajaRack Exp roof rack; 295/70/16 Hankook Dynapro MT tires; Factory off-road 16" alloys; OME 884 front coils & N140S shocks, ToyTec Medium rear coils, OME N71E rear shocks; SCUBA breather mod; Steel sway bar collars; Digger upper and lower rear links; Rasta4x4 skids; Metal Tech step sliders & front tube bumper; Hella 500's Future Mods: Cloaking Device, Disruptors
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-12-2011, 12:43 PM
Catalyst

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to OCR14a

Understandable, and appreciated.
Hope everything's working out well at the other place.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion > 2011 FJ Cruiser Summit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in