anyone want to sell a registration? - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
2012 FJCruiser Summit This is for all discussion involving the 2012 FJ Cruiser Summit.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 09:02 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
anyone want to sell a registration?

just found out about this and bummed its full up already..

are there any plans to add more capacity?

how about a waiting list?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-23-2012, 10:17 AM
Forum Master

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Re: anyone want to sell a registration?

WOW... next year I might have to get a few extra and auction them off a few weeks before the Summit!

(This is a joke, for all of you tight wads and folks who think then need to stick their nose into everything!!)
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-24-2012, 11:28 PM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

Just show up at the Summit anyways. You can go on the trails; always other groups of people going out on trails. You can still buy raffle tickets for the big give away. You can still hang around the hotel area and see all the cool FJ's and hang out.

2010 FJ AG
Interior:
Ultragage
Custom Switch Panel for Lights by left vent
Yaesu FT-8800
LED Dome Lights & Red Map Lights
RAM Mount on Passenger Dash for Samsung Tablet
Pioneer AVH-4000DVD
Custom rear storage cabinets
ARB Twin Compressor
2 Britax Car Seats
Exterior:
Custom front and rear tube bumpers
Toytec 2.5" coil overs Front
OME Heavy 3" Rear
Bajarack Low Profile Full Mesh
Axe/Shovel mount & Bajarack high light mount
49" 300W LED Light bar
25" 100W LED Light bar
4 Rigid D2 Copies
20" Rigid SR LED Light bar
Hi Lift Xtreme
Black Tundra Door Handles
All-Pro HD Rock Sliders
Goodyear Duratrac 265/70/17 Tires
Expeditioneers Skid Plates (O I II)
Foxwing Awning
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 09:26 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
progolfer_20 previously said: View Post
Just show up at the Summit anyways. You can go on the trails; always other groups of people going out on trails. You can still buy raffle tickets for the big give away. You can still hang around the hotel area and see all the cool FJ's and hang out.
Don't do that, that's a terrible idea and here's why. As organizers of the event, we make deals with the city, the forest service, the hotel, and our insurance company about who will be where and how many people there will be at the event. The second year we didn't limit the number of registrants and we had far too many people. Ask anyone at year #2, we ran out of food, the trail runs were a mess and it ruined the otherwise amazing experience for a lot of people (including the organizers).

We have limits now for this reason. We are not allowed to have over a certain number of people on the trails, so if we break that the forest service can pull our permit. If someone not registered does something stupid around the home base of the FJSummit and hurts themselves or someone else, what do we do about our event insurance?

I know it seems like a funny idea to just crash the event, but think about someone else before yourself for just a second. Putting on a huge event like this is not easy, and we do our best to make it great for everyone. This includes limiting the number of people. We truly wish everyone could come, and up until this year we have never had a problem with selling out the event. Now that it has happened we'll think about what we can do for next year, but for now we have to play with the cards we were dealt. As organizers we hate the idea of turning people away, we truly do, but it is best for the entire event in this case.

My plead is with those people who won't be able to show up. We get cancellations each year, but lots of times we just have people not show up without telling us, so for those people, please tell us so we can transfer your registration slot to someone else who wants to go.

-Jared

RIP Mike "Shadow Warrior" you were good man and a good friend to us all!

"If you feel you have been given poor service on this site, I'll gladly provide you with a full refund: $0.00 - ekool"
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 10:21 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)

You probably have nothing to worry about, more will open up as people cancel. Last year sold out fairly quickly and 2 weeks before the event I could have registered

SOLD May 14, 2014-Austin Texas Sucks
2011 NSSE: Bilstein 5100's, Toytec coilovers, Toytec superflex springs in the rear, Light Racing UCA, Demello Sliders, Midland CB with bandi mount, KM2 on MB72, FJNewb's Scuba Mod, Toyoutfitters rear links, Rocktec link mount armor, Rocktec shock armor, full set of Ricochet Skids personally installed by Brad at Ricochet , Hi Lift extreme 48" on custom made mounts, custom made mounts for shovel and axe, Springtail HD side mount, Sprintail Cargo/Pet Barrier, The Source tank (with better regulator), H3R HalGuard fire 2.5 extinguisher, BMC
https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic47188_4.gif
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)

We are working on adding a few more slots, but as Wikid said if you are not going to be able to make it, let us know so we can slide someone else in.

This is a free country for sure, and you can go to the Ouray area, but just showing up and running the trails can possilby cause problems down the road, this is a fantastic event, I ask that next year you plan in advance. Some will get left out this year, but as a group we need to protect the Summit for future years to come.

But keep watching and checking, cancellations, possible added slots may appear at any time.

Bob
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-27-2012, 08:12 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Hah, I'll sell mine for the price of a Icon Stage 1 suspension + a set of Duratracs.

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

My Photos - My Build - K6DNX

Managing Editor, TCT Magazine

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion > 2012 FJCruiser Summit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in