Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: FJ is ready!

Quote:
Gottagetone previously said: View Post
Make sure and grease your drive shafts! The majority of mechanics don't do that....one good reason to do your own service.
Why does this message sound dirty every time I read it??

Anyway, when you service yourself, what brand of lube do you use for your shaft?

I need to buy some ASAP, but I don't have my owners manual around to see what is recommended. If I can't find anything else I'll probably end up with some:
"Royal Purple 01312 NLGI No. 2 High Performance Multi-Purpose Synthetic Ultra Performance Grease" that I found online.

Then I need to find a grease gun that won't fall apart the first time I go to use it. All the review I read online say that they are all crap! Maybe I'll hit sears.?

Thank,
-C
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-24-2013, 12:31 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)

Quote:
Miata2k previously said: View Post
Why does this message sound dirty every time I read it??

Anyway, when you service yourself, what brand of lube do you use for your shaft?

I need to buy some ASAP, but I don't have my owners manual around to see what is recommended. If I can't find anything else I'll probably end up with some:
"Royal Purple 01312 NLGI No. 2 High Performance Multi-Purpose Synthetic Ultra Performance Grease" that I found online.

Then I need to find a grease gun that won't fall apart the first time I go to use it. All the review I read online say that they are all crap! Maybe I'll hit sears.?

Thank,
-C
You have a way with words!Any grease will work, i would recommend a synthetic and if your going to order it I would order AMSOIL instead of RP (personal preference). Looking forward to seeing you and the prettier half, Drinks this time instead of the laundry mat!

08 Brick

TLCA# 20417
4WD& Armrest w/ no other factory upgrades! Mods. FJ Newb SCUBA Mod, LED console lights, Sirius stereo, Garage opener mod, Additional 12v outlets, Cobra 75 CB/Bandi mount w/3'firestick. AllPro rear Lower Control Links and rear shock guards, Aero Flow Headlight Covers, Manually controlled E Locker, Iron Man lift & ASFIR Skids. Shrockworks custom sliders and Front bumper, Aux fuel tank. Custom A-Pillars, Viair On-Board Air system

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 09:41 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

I use the Valvoline synthetic....some people like the Mobile 1, it's pink and easy to see when it squishes out of the u-joints. Play away!

Land Cruiser just rolled over 170k, service done and ready to roll.....except for the run up to DT to get a tire rotation.

“Since you have chosen to elect a man with a timber toe to succeed me, you may all go to hell and I will go to Texas.”

Davy Crocket

My Rig: - well, that was my rig...

TLCA Member # 20540
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 06-29-2013, 07:38 AM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 9 Post(s)

Ol' Blue is ready for the trek to Ouray! We wheeled some trails at Coal Creek OHV near Knoxville, TN last weekend to knock off some dust in anticipation of the summit.

12 Toyota 4Runner Trail
07 Toyota FJ ~ SOLD
TLCA member

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion > 2013 FJCruiser Summit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in