Moab & WHITE RIM TRAIL camping before the Summit! - Page 2 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
2014 FJCruiser Summit For all threads regarding the 8th annual FJCruiser Summit

13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 74 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 08:58 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Moab & WHITE RIM TRAIL camping before the Summit!

Quote:
Old Sarge previously said: View Post
It won't hurt to double check on the permits, so I'll do that and roger that on the dog! I would still love to bring him and Canyonland rules suck, but it's still to hot for him out there, however he wouldn't have any issues just lounging around the house while we are out running trails. However I wouldn't ask anybody to take responsibility for him at the house while I did this over night run.
Oh yeah. By all means. Go ahead and get the permits as soon as you can. I was just meaning that they don't book up as fast as the spring and fall . . . but you can never be sure.

I know that as responsible dog owners you and Ace have expressed your displeasure over the dog rules but they are in place for several reasons.
1) many dog owners are not responsible - I'm sure you know this since you help with pet rescues
2) these owners figure that out in the middle of nowhere they don't need to pick up their dogs **** so there it sits for years and years for everyone to look at
3) leaving pets in hot vehicles even for a short time is baddd
4) burnt paws on hot rocks - ouchy
5) cryptobiotic soils which are easily damaged by dogs running around on their own - and even if they had a rule saying to keep them on leashes they would destroy the soil even if their owner was walking on the trail

There are at least two places that can take care of your pooch while you are playing in the park:
Karen's Canine Campground
2781 S. Roberts
(435) 259-7922

Moab Veterinary Clinic
4575 Spanish Valley Drive
(435) 259-8710

FJ Summit Co-Director since 2013 email: james at fjsummit dot org

2008 Sandstorm FJ Cruiser
2019 White TRD Premium 4Runner

I am the Woodsman...the four-wheelin', tree-farmin', custom-furniture-makin' descendant of Olaf "The Woodcutter" Ingjaldsson.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 74 (permalink) Old 01-14-2014, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Ok so I called Canyonlands today and spoke with a very nice lady and she walked me through making reservations. However, they only allow reservations 4 months out. So in March I'll make the reservations.

08 Brick

TLCA# 20417
4WD& Armrest w/ no other factory upgrades! Mods. FJ Newb SCUBA Mod, LED console lights, Sirius stereo, Garage opener mod, Additional 12v outlets, Cobra 75 CB/Bandi mount w/3'firestick. AllPro rear Lower Control Links and rear shock guards, Aero Flow Headlight Covers, Manually controlled E Locker, Iron Man lift & ASFIR Skids. Shrockworks custom sliders and Front bumper, Aux fuel tank. Custom A-Pillars, Viair On-Board Air system

post #13 of 74 (permalink) Old 01-26-2014, 12:34 AM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage

I am definitely interested in this. I have done Moab and Ouray many times over on Adv bikes, Jeeps, Land Rovers, and FJ's. Its always fun with a group.

"The probability of anyone watching you do something is in direct proportion to the stupidity of what you are doing" - Warren Miller
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 74 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 05:49 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

(Thread Starter)

I found this on youtube, some jeepers and a Nissan on White Rim Trail. Nicely shot video.

08 Brick

TLCA# 20417
4WD& Armrest w/ no other factory upgrades! Mods. FJ Newb SCUBA Mod, LED console lights, Sirius stereo, Garage opener mod, Additional 12v outlets, Cobra 75 CB/Bandi mount w/3'firestick. AllPro rear Lower Control Links and rear shock guards, Aero Flow Headlight Covers, Manually controlled E Locker, Iron Man lift & ASFIR Skids. Shrockworks custom sliders and Front bumper, Aux fuel tank. Custom A-Pillars, Viair On-Board Air system

post #15 of 74 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 06:58 PM
I Have a V-8!! Moderator

Mentioned: 353 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7041 Post(s)
Garage

Nice video. Damn I miss Moab.

Go ahead, skin it! Skin that smoke wagon and see what happens...

I'll ride in on a sunny day, Sing you a song, steal your heart away Like a cowboy Hang my hat like I'm here for awhile Kick off my boots and drive you wild Like a cowboy Well baby you know I can't stay long You wake up, I'll be gone Until then I'll hold on Like a cowboy.

TLCA #9031
post #16 of 74 (permalink) Old 02-02-2014, 06:58 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Garage

Gonna be a great couple of days old sarge!!

Alan
- Primer at Imogene Pass 13,114'
2013 TT SE
BMC / Exp-1 Rear Bumper with Swing Arm / PIAA 5190's front, and rear bumpers / King Rear Rem Res W/Ride Cntrl / MT lower links / ICON Front Extended Travel Coil Overs / TC UCA's / SCS F-5 wheels / 285/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs / Shrockworks Front Bumper / Warn 9.5xp / sPOD / Kenwood DNX890HD / Lots of RAAMaudio sound deadening / WickedCAS PODS / Focal PC 165's / Focal IC 690's / Arc Audio Black 10V2 / JL Audio HD900/5 / All Pro HD Sliders and Al IFS Skid Plate / ARB CKMTA12 / Rear SCUBA / Hella Supertones / Dirty Deeds Hi Tuck Tailpipe / FJToymanOffroad Skids / Redline Skids / I seem to have run out of characters...
post #17 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)

You have room for one more vehicle? My daughter and I are interested.
post #18 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-22-2014, 06:29 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

(Thread Starter)

Quote:
I_FIX_U_UP previously said: View Post
You have room for one more vehicle? My daughter and I are interested.
I don't see what not!

08 Brick

TLCA# 20417

post #19 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 08:24 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Garage

Good to see that you have three. That will be a great trip and I would certainly do it if I weren't showing folks around Moab. Maybe I'll do it next year around Cruise Moab time.

FJ Summit Co-Director since 2013 email: james at fjsummit dot org

2008 Sandstorm FJ Cruiser
2019 White TRD Premium 4Runner

I am the Woodsman...the four-wheelin', tree-farmin', custom-furniture-makin' descendant of Olaf "The Woodcutter" Ingjaldsson.
post #20 of 74 (permalink) Old 03-23-2014, 09:09 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 20 Post(s)

I'm still kicking around the idea of heading up that way Curtis. You guys still got room for me if I decide to go?

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion > 2014 FJCruiser Summit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in