Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to OCR14a
Lifetime Supporting Member
Question Re: Lunch on the Trails?

Quote:
Woodsman previously said: View Post
...Also, in Telluride, you can meet after lunch and walk down to the gondola and take a ride to the top as a group. You can also eat (although not for cheap) at the top of the gondola.
Ya, I did that with my family last year, but on a non-Summit day earlier in the week.

I think it would be too much to squeeze that in besides a lunch break most of the time, but if the group is game, are we OK to go for it even though it means it will/may cause stacking issues on the trail?

If it's OK to do that, I will definitely start offering it as an add-on to Imogene trail runs.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 06:09 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Garage
Re: Lunch on the Trails?

Quote:
OCR14a previously said: View Post
Ya, I did that with my family last year, but on a non-Summit day earlier in the week.

I think it would be too much to squeeze that in besides a lunch break most of the time, but if the group is game, are we OK to go for it even though it means it will/may cause stacking issues on the trail?

If it's OK to do that, I will definitely start offering it as an add-on to Imogene trail runs.
Considering that some push to just grab a snack in Telluride and others take 1.5 hours, the potential for stacking is already there. In fact it is totally unavoidable when you consider that Black and Imogene runs are both deposited into Telluride. The ride up and down doesn't take long but I would only suggest it if you have a long lunch. I know some already do it/have done it. It's just another way of enjoying the town.

FJ Summit Co-Director since 2013 email: james at fjsummit dot org

2008 Sandstorm FJ Cruiser
2019 White TRD Premium 4Runner

I am the Woodsman...the four-wheelin', tree-farmin', custom-furniture-makin' descendant of Olaf "The Woodcutter" Ingjaldsson.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 06:14 PM
Catalyst

Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to OCR14a
Thumbs up Re: Lunch on the Trails?

Quote:
Woodsman previously said: View Post
Considering that some push to just grab a snack in Telluride and others take 1.5 hours, the potential for stacking is already there. In fact it is totally unavoidable when you consider that Black and Imogene runs are both deposited into Telluride. The ride up and down doesn't take long but I would only suggest it if you have a long lunch. I know some already do it/have done it. It's just another way of enjoying the town.
Indeed. Well, that's wonderful. I will offer it as an option, and if the majority wants to go, we'll do it. Thanks, James.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-08-2014, 06:53 PM
Forum Veteran

Quoted: 36 Post(s)

We tried to get lunch last year in Lake City everything was covered up. As such we bought a Eva Cool at the Summit and will have lunch meat this year on the trail runs for simple sammies. Nothing fancy but better that doing Alpine without food and only a couple waters and snacks.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-09-2014, 07:56 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)

Having lead Alpine loop a couple of times, including last year with a 2 hour "The trail is washed out and the end loader is coming up from Lake City to fix it" delay, i highly recommend bringing lunch with on this run. The one burger place i have stopped at in the past is pretty slow, with sometimes a 40-45 min wait before even getting our food. Alpine Loop is a long run to begin with. I don't like to take more than an hour for lunch at the park in town, especially if the eaterys are backed up with tourists and other trail runs.
Looking forward to doing it again this year!

KyFJGuy

2010 Iceberg White, All-Terrain package, Warrior Products roof rack insert, Air dam lights, Aux Driving lights, A-Trac, Rear locker, Bandi mount, Trail-Gear Rock sliders, 2nd horn mod, All-Pro High clearence tailpipe, Budbuillt Skids, TOYoutfitters Rear LCA'S, Outrider rear link armor, All-Pro rear shock armor, Bilstein 5100's all around, ToyTec SF2.0 on rear, ToyTec Adjustable Coil overs on front., RIGID Dually LED Driving lights, U.S. Off Road Winch Mount, ENGO 9000S, Kelly Safari TSR tires.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion > 2014 FJCruiser Summit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in