Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1828 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: So, who won what at the raffle?

Quote:
FJ Moose previously said: View Post
That's awesome

I thought about it, but the wife would have killed me if I pulled an OC and put stickers on the paint, she already says I have too many and "which ones are coming off for the new ones" SILLY GIRL !!!!!!

I only put stickers on glass.....
FJ Moose likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 07:47 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1238 Post(s)

Quote:
I won the Micro-Start PPS (personal power supply
Those things are great. I brought mine - just in case - and left jumper cables behind.
FJ Moose likes this.

What size tires will fit on my FJ?

The owner's manual for your FJ is right here. <--- This is a link. Many answers to your questions are contained within.

See the relationship between highway speed and MPG here.

TLCA 5301
post #93 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 07:48 AM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 241 Post(s)
Garage

Excellent summary Moose. All great suggestions.

I toyed with the idea of suggesting prices on tickets be raised to reduce number of tickets but keep the money raised approximately the same. $5 per ticket or something like this. The odds would stay the same because people would spend the same (theoretically). The issue I guess would be risk of reducing impulse buys. I think people are more likely to say 'what the heck... give me 4 tickets for these 4 bucks instead of giving me change'. Not sure they are as likely to say 'here's a dollar, add it to my change and give me 1 raffle ticket'. This could inadvertently reduce the amount raised.
FJ Moose likes this.

2010 Brick "Predator" FJC | LCNW 3 Hoop Bumper | Toytec/Eibach 112-620 front springs | Toytec Superflex rear springs | Bilstein 5100 adjustables | Viper 12,000 lb winch | 285/75/16 Falken Rocky Mountain ATS II | Pure Rock Sliders | RCi Metalworks Engine Skid | Spidertrax 1.25 wheel spacers | Skyjacker sway bar extended links

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #94 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 10:15 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)

Quote:
I won the Micro-Start PPS (personal power supply) Antigravity Batteries (I didn't know batteries could be weightless )

Pretty awesome little gadget, still have to take it out of the box and play with it, stick my tongue to it and see if it works, you know
But right now, too busy with stickers
I might need @Old Cruiser to help me
Did someone say stickers??
FJ Moose likes this.

The Crack Rock Toyeti- 2010 "almost stock"... SOLD to Colin
The Build-->https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ck-toyeti.html

The Epic Adventure-->https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...adventure.html

The GTR Build- Meet Zim---> https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...-meet-zim.html
post #95 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 10:18 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quoted: 686 Post(s)

Quote:
bazross previously said: View Post
windex is your friend .....
having wheeled with OC, he would stop, for no apparent reason, grab his trusty bottle of windex, squirt n clean and apply a new sticker at the drop of a hat, or as he received each new sticker, slowed the trails down greatly ...

Cheers
Baz

Never slowed anything- we were always left behind as tailgunner

Quote:
That's awesome

I thought about it, but the wife would have killed me if I pulled an OC and put stickers on the paint, she already says I have too many and "which ones are coming off for the new ones" SILLY GIRL !!!!!!
Now Im almost an "ism"

Quote:
bazross previously said: View Post

I only put stickers on glass.....
Wuss…
bazross and FJ Moose like this.

The Crack Rock Toyeti- 2010 "almost stock"... SOLD to Colin
The Build-->https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ck-toyeti.html

The Epic Adventure-->https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...adventure.html

The GTR Build- Meet Zim---> https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...-meet-zim.html
post #96 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 11:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
kumba previously said: View Post
i agree with many of the prior statements. Starting the dinners earlier would stagger some of the times that people would be lined up for food. Those who ran later or longer runs may not get back to town until after 5:00 which would allow for others to already be eating and making room for those who got in line later and decrease the overall length of the line at any given time.
Also having the raffle on thur. Or fri. Night would allow people enough time the next day to either install their new winnings on their rig or try to find a buyer/trader for things they don't want/need. Plus it may help the vendor business out because if people are waiting on the raffle to see if they win something specific and they don't get it then they may be inclined to go to a vendor booth and buy one outright. By the time the raffle ends saturday the vendors are are all packing up to go home. Just my 2 pennies.
x2 100%
post #97 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 11:52 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 137 Post(s)
Garage

spotters would have to be those who did not buy raffle tickets.

otherwise, they are too busy checking their own!

Now, putting names on tickets and ending the free for all to scan tickets, and race to claim could be eliminated with a better way to announce winners. The odds of someone buying tickets and not being present has to be pretty dang small.
In addition to the PA system what about adding a visual way to announce the ticket number as well.

And, instead of 'burning' the ticket. place it aside and come back to it later if not claimed. No need to keep pushing the same raffle item. This gives people time to claim.

Surely, there must be a way to bring the 21st century into the process.

2011 NSSE - Icon coilover - TotalChaos UCA - SAW rear coils - OME 895 rear medium shocks - Metal Tech slider - Metal Tech tube bumper - Viper Elite 10k Winch - PIAA 520 ATP - Midland 75-822 CB - Boztec antenna mount - Duratrac 285/70x17 - Scuba Mod - Ricochet skids - PIAA dual horn 400/500 - sPOD - Ellis Stealth Shift Knobs - MPAC rear/side rack - PLX Kiwi Bluetooth OBDII - Nestah Edition Firestik Radio Antenna - National Luna Single Battery Monitor - Tantrum Rock Lights - Outrider Shock Armor - Toy Outfitter LCA - Switched DRL's - Front rock cameras - Custom Rear Cargo Storage - Platinum PM-1 Battery - Raingler Cargo Nets - 10LB Powertank

Last edited by Lmmmmm; 07-28-2014 at 12:01 PM.
post #98 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 12:10 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to FJAdmin

I've scanned through this thread, here's an idea. Why not sell ten times less tickets, at ten times higher cost - so sell each ticket at $10 rather than $1? You could still do the deal for spending $100 - i.e $100 gets 11 tickets instead of the current 110.

Stats/chances of winning remain the same as at present.

Benefits:
Same value sold for the organization, but less ranges and stuff to check.
The organizers wouldn't keep running out of tickets on the last day and have to scramble for other ones.
Could even have all tickets the same color! Sucks beating on directors because of the magnetic orange tickets coming out when all yours are white!

Anyone think of any down-side?

Passenger armrest/ AirRaid intake/JBA Headers/Magnaflow muffler//Bandi mount/Cobra CB/4' Firestick/Icon coilovers/Icon rear end/Icon billet UCAs /Tuffy rear drawer unit/Kenwood DNX5120 Nav & DVD/Kenwood RevCam / TRD 16 inch TT Matt black specials / BFG TA KO 300/70/R16s, Front rear and side and engine bay Demello protection / Warn 8000 winch / Acro lights / mpac screen / Baja flat utility rack & ladder / Baja Designs Stealth 40" LED light bar

Last edited by FJAdmin; 07-28-2014 at 03:20 PM.
post #99 of 99 (permalink) Old 07-28-2014, 12:12 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
msduncan previously said: View Post
Wife and I won a prototype bug screen system for the back window. It's from purefjcruiser. She has claimed it.
Let me know if you have questions on these. It is a Friend of mine that is going to be distributing these through PureFj. I have had one of the prototypes in my truck for almost 2 months and LOVE THEM!!

2014 Trail Teams Ultimate Edition
With a "Few" mods. See Build
My Build
(Previous 2012 Owner)

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion > 2014 FJCruiser Summit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in