Moab before the Summit V - 2016 Edition - Page 9 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
2016 FJCruiser Summit For all threads regarding the 10th annual FJCruiser Summit

248Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 233 (permalink) Old 04-27-2016, 12:56 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 108 Post(s)
Re: Moab before the Summit V - 2016 Edition

Woodsman,

We are in for sure, looks like we will be pulling into town on Sunday morning depending on when we leave Capital reef.

I am going to shoot for the runs on Sunday morning but it most likely will be Monday and Tuesday. We will probably explore Arches on Tuesday and then pull out Wed morning for Ouray.

'08 TT Iceberg / Demello single hoop bumper - Hi Lift Clamps - Dynomax high tuck exhaust - Icon Tubular UCA's, 2.5 rear piggy, 2.5 front coil overs, 3" ovrlnd coils - Ellis shifter knobs and fair lead - All Pro sliders / IFS, Trans & LCA skids - Boztec diff skid - Mpac sprngtail rear foldng door - RAM mount for IPad/IPhone - AFE air filter - Ironman Awning - Metal Tech LCA - Nitto Trail Grapplers 285-75-17 on Method NV's - CVT-RTT - 13/14/15/16 FJ forum badges - Roto pax mount - Powrtnk & Brckt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 233 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 12:22 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 621 Post(s)

OK @Primer . I will be in town Monday afternoon to Wednesday morning.
Maybe Malts at Milts on Monday?
Looking for a Trail run on Tuesday. Keep me posted what you are doing.
Primer likes this.

>>>>>>>>>>2010armygreens slow build<<<<<<<<<<

>>>>>>>>ArmyGreens M416 Build<<<<<<<<

Garage
2010 FJ Army Green
2014 FJ Iceberg
M416 Trailer
Maggiolina Grand Tour Roof Top Tent
post #83 of 233 (permalink) Old 04-28-2016, 01:03 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)

Hey guys. I'm trying to convince the wife to go to Moab before the summit. Only concern is our baby who will be about 1 and a half. Not sure how she'd do on both Moab and then the summit. That's a lot of time in the car. So, anyone doing any shorter runs on Monday and Tuesday? 6 hours or less I'd say? If not, no biggie, still have the summit. But I've really been wanting to get out to Utah and see everything out there! Let me know if anyone would like to take some shorter trips. Thanks guys.

Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #84 of 233 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 07:46 AM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)

Quote:
PeteC previously said: View Post
Hey guys. I'm trying to convince the wife to go to Moab before the summit. Only concern is our baby who will be about 1 and a half. Not sure how she'd do on both Moab and then the summit. That's a lot of time in the car. So, anyone doing any shorter runs on Monday and Tuesday? 6 hours or less I'd say? If not, no biggie, still have the summit. But I've really been wanting to get out to Utah and see everything out there! Let me know if anyone would like to take some shorter trips. Thanks guys.

Pete
I think I will be in Moab by then. Maybe I can tag with you. I would like a shorter trip also, but I do not drive a FJ.

I guess if you are with the baby, you may want to do some more tammed or say easier trails. Then I can tag along. I drive but a 2012 QX56 that I am about to start taking offroad, than keeping it as the garage queen and mall crawler that it is right now.

I plan to get it dirty.
post #85 of 233 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 11:25 AM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)

@PeteC and @PetitFrereArmada

Since we largely decide on what runs to do when we get there, I can't guarantee what will fit the bill for you guys. PeteC would be fine on some runs like Top of the World but not sure what day we run that if we run it at all. Petit, not sure if you can do 20-24" ledges. Are you ok with scratching your plastic overhangs ? If not, you may be limited to trails like Long Canyon, Shafer Trail, and Gemini Bridges. Some fine scenery there especially on Shafer but not sure that we'll run any of those this year.

FJ Summit Co-Director since 2013 email: james at fjsummit dot org

2008 Sandstorm FJ Cruiser
2019 White TRD Premium 4Runner

I am the Woodsman...the four-wheelin', tree-farmin', custom-furniture-makin' descendant of Olaf "The Woodcutter" Ingjaldsson.
post #86 of 233 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 11:42 AM
トヨダ Master

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Quoted: 3342 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
PeteC previously said: View Post

Pete
Gotta start 'em young! I did with my kids and they grew up alright.

R.I.P.- Echo

Solitude Allows One to Reflect While Others are Reacting...

Member of the month-October 2017
post #87 of 233 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 12:30 PM

Sounds good Woodsman. I'll just wait on the sidelines for now and see what forms up.

Haha I have been starting them young! She goes out with me a couple of times a month. Usually pretty awesome if I keep her supplied with food!

Quote:
Woodsman previously said: View Post

Since we largely decide on what runs to do when we get there, I can't guarantee what will fit the bill for you guys. PeteC would be fine on some runs like Top of the World but not sure what day we run that if we run it at all. Petit, not sure if you can do 20-24" ledges. Are you ok with scratching your plastic overhangs ? If not, you may be limited to trails like Long Canyon, Shafer Trail, and Gemini Bridges. Some fine scenery there especially on Shafer but not sure that we'll run any of those this year.
post #88 of 233 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 02:04 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)

Quote:
Woodsman previously said: View Post

LOL, I did TOTW when I had my Armada. But of course, did not make it to the top. My Armada sustained a lot of undercarriage beating and I gave up. But I was really close to the top. Here is my thread.

Road trip/Adventure/offroading to Utah and Colorado... - Page 4 - Expedition Portal

Now I have a different vehicle and yes, it would suck for me to scratch my plastic overhangs. I guess that limits me a lot on what I can do. I have the Moab offroad book with all the trails. I guess I will have to pull it out now and start looking at what makes sense for me to go on. But I plan to take some risks, lol.

And hopefully you guys still happen to do some easier trails, I would love to join. I have to plan my dates to be out there in time to meet you guys as I plan to tour the Mighty 5 in Utah before making it to Moab.

The Mighty 5 in Utah.
Top National Parks - Mighty 5 Utah National Parks - Utah National Parks | Visit Utah
post #89 of 233 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 02:33 PM
トヨダ Master

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Quoted: 3342 Post(s)
Garage

Supplied! LOL Great word!

R.I.P.- Echo

Solitude Allows One to Reflect While Others are Reacting...

Member of the month-October 2017
post #90 of 233 (permalink) Old 04-29-2016, 07:28 PM

Quote:
CabinCruiser previously said: View Post
Supplied! LOL Great word!
Aka throwing cookies into the back seat. Haha

All right I'll sit out this year then fellas. Have a great time. I'm going to just head to ouray on Tuesday instead of Wednesday and maybe find some people to go check out Yankee Boy basin or something close by around there.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion > 2016 FJCruiser Summit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in