Who wants in: Tuesday night or Wednesday night run. - Page 4 - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
2016 FJCruiser Summit For all threads regarding the 10th annual FJCruiser Summit

41Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 03:25 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Garage
Re: Who wants in: Tuesday night or Wednesday night run.

For what it's worth, the full moon is July 19, the Tuesday night of this ride. No pitch dark unless there's strong cloud cover.
Hodges, FJ Moose and debFJVT like this.

Summit-X Imogene Pass road

TLCA 23205, STLCA, SFWDA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 10:18 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 24 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1572 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

I'm a definite !!!
Codger likes this.

2013 Quicksand

Mikey previously said: "You guys are like built in forum spam........"

"Everything is easy after you figure out how to do it" -- Moose
"Memphis Beer & BBQ":
https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...er-bbq-28.html
"FJ Flirt":
https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...-fj-flirt.html

"Limb Risers":
https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...flector-3.html
"2013 Quicksand and Bronze Wheels":
https://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forum...ml#post2357199

post #33 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-18-2016, 10:49 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)

I am sorry for my late entry on this. I am Springdale, Arkansas for the Sky/Solstice National. I will be here until next weekend, then to Missouri and back to California by the 4th of July weekend.

I have done this trail several times, again never at night. I am thinking the road up is quite easy, same road as the start of Imogene. So good time can be made getting to the trail. Our problems if any will be snow melt and mud. I guess considerable snow there this year.

I will get back with you guys when I get into tow. Tuesday is the only night I can do it. My truck will be in town that day. I am bringing my Opel GT to drive the Million Dollar Highway in the previous Saturday. (Bucket List Drive for sports).

I am staying the KOA, but meet up point should the Summit headquarters I think, everyone in town knows where that is at, so easy for all to find. Will add the address later.

One thing I do want to mention on night drives, be considerate of the people in front of you with your headlights, if you have HID's be careful not to blind the guys in front of you. I will try to figure out a way for everyone to play with their toys, but do not want 15 trucks headed up the road with everyone having the brightest lights in the world on. If you have never 5-6 HID laden vehicles behind, you have no concept of just how bright and blinding they are. We want to have fun, be safe and see things we don't see during the day.

Looking forward to the group. 33's one locker. tow rope, spare tire, some tools, and a working CB, and most important a good head on your shoulders with common sense contained. If we promise to be real good, maybe we can get the old bear of the mountain to tag long, my great grand father Ace Brown! If you like bears, just follow him around, they're bound to be around.

MY Cell # is 909 841 9532.

Have wanted to do this for years, just never seem to get it done
FJ Moose and Codger like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-19-2016, 06:25 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)

I will be arriving in Ouray early Tuesday afternoon on the 19th think I might be interested in joining the run. Need the meeting spot and the time on Tuesday evening.
post #35 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 09:31 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
skersfan previously said: View Post
I am sorry for my late entry on this. I am Springdale, Arkansas for the Sky/Solstice National. I will be here until next weekend, then to Missouri and back to California by the 4th of July weekend.

I have done this trail several times, again never at night. I am thinking the road up is quite easy, same road as the start of Imogene. So good time can be made getting to the trail. Our problems if any will be snow melt and mud. I guess considerable snow there this year.

I will get back with you guys when I get into tow. Tuesday is the only night I can do it. My truck will be in town that day. I am bringing my Opel GT to drive the Million Dollar Highway in the previous Saturday. (Bucket List Drive for sports).

I am staying the KOA, but meet up point should the Summit headquarters I think, everyone in town knows where that is at, so easy for all to find. Will add the address later.

One thing I do want to mention on night drives, be considerate of the people in front of you with your headlights, if you have HID's be careful not to blind the guys in front of you. I will try to figure out a way for everyone to play with their toys, but do not want 15 trucks headed up the road with everyone having the brightest lights in the world on. If you have never 5-6 HID laden vehicles behind, you have no concept of just how bright and blinding they are. We want to have fun, be safe and see things we don't see during the day.

Looking forward to the group. 33's one locker. tow rope, spare tire, some tools, and a working CB, and most important a good head on your shoulders with common sense contained. If we promise to be real good, maybe we can get the old bear of the mountain to tag long, my great grand father Ace Brown! If you like bears, just follow him around, they're bound to be around.

MY Cell # is 909 841 9532.

Have wanted to do this for years, just never seem to get it done
Don't sweat it skersfan, have fun and we'll take care of this. I agree on lighting; I have some lights up top and they'd blind anyone directly in front of me! Maybe if there's just a couple who want to play with their lights they could take turns leading the way down, or even split up the group heading back down if it's not too hard of a trail at night. That would also work if there are some who want to head back early and some who want to stay. Think we could see a group heading down from far away? That would be a cool shot!

"JACK" : 2013 Cavalry Blue, 4x4 auto | Toytec 5100 Adjustable Coilovers | LR UCAs | Icon Stage 1 Rear | Shrockworks bumper | Engo E9000S Winch | Cooper AT/3 275/70/17 | Trail Gear Sliders | Ricochet Skids (bumper to transfer case) | Springtail Pet/Cargo Barrier | OEM Hitch & Roof Rack & Thule Aeroblades | Tuffy Light Bar, (2) Hella spots, & Amazon 20" LED Bar | Pioneer AVH-P2400BT & Components | Bandi mount, Cobra 75 WXST, 3' Firestick | (2) Wolo Air Horns!!!

Last edited by blueJack; 06-21-2016 at 09:34 AM.
post #36 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 09:34 AM Thread Starter
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)

Proposal:
Meet at Summit headquarters at 7:10PM Tuesday night
. That will give us time to meet and greet, time for stragglers to arrive, air down, and still head out by 7:20-7:30. Thoughts on that?

Updated attendee list:

Sounds serious:
skersfan (leader)
bluejack (instigator)
Desert_Fox
Hodges
FJ Moose
SouthernmostFJ
Codger
PetitFrereArmada
debFJVT
LadyFJ
fozzymark

Possibly:
camrun
4xplay
Inglorious
Sonny
FJ Moose likes this.

"JACK" : 2013 Cavalry Blue, 4x4 auto | Toytec 5100 Adjustable Coilovers | LR UCAs | Icon Stage 1 Rear | Shrockworks bumper | Engo E9000S Winch | Cooper AT/3 275/70/17 | Trail Gear Sliders | Ricochet Skids (bumper to transfer case) | Springtail Pet/Cargo Barrier | OEM Hitch & Roof Rack & Thule Aeroblades | Tuffy Light Bar, (2) Hella spots, & Amazon 20" LED Bar | Pioneer AVH-P2400BT & Components | Bandi mount, Cobra 75 WXST, 3' Firestick | (2) Wolo Air Horns!!!
post #37 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 09:42 AM
MOAB SUPERSTAR

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Quoted: 2135 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
blueJack previously said: View Post
Don't sweat it skersfan, have fun and we'll take care of this. I agree on lighting; I have some lights up top and they'd blind anyone directly in front of me! Maybe if there's just a couple who want to play with their lights they could take turns leading the way down, or even split up the group heading back down if it's not too hard of a trail at night. That would also work if there are some who want to head back early and some who want to stay. Think we could see a group heading down from far away? That would be a cool shot!
I think this could be a great idea - run the group in sections of people who are less vs more sensatve to being blinded. It has never bothered me and I've done night runs with super bright lights following me...and we took turns lol

Also would love to capture the photo you describe, of the group lighting the trail at a distance. Saw that shot repeatedly last year doing Imogene, but no option to stop and get it...spectacular! This is shaping up to be a truly special event :-)

Member of the Month November 2016

TLCA# 25170
post #38 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 10:40 AM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)

Quote:
debFJVT previously said: View Post
I think this could be a great idea - run the group in sections of people who are less vs more sensatve to being blinded. It has never bothered me and I've done night runs with super bright lights following me...and we took turns lol

Also would love to capture the photo you describe, of the group lighting the trail at a distance. Saw that shot repeatedly last year doing Imogene, but no option to stop and get it...spectacular! This is shaping up to be a truly special event :-)
LOL, those words sound funny.

I also agree about taking a shot of some rigs down the trail with their lights on. And then how about they radio back the guys up top to get on the trail while the people down take pictures of the guys coming down.

Also, while at the top, we could park all rigs as if they are about to start their descend with all lights on blinding or lighting up the whole area. No drivers in the car, since it is just a photo shoot of parked rigs. So nobody complains about being blinded as they are driving. All cars parked in a single file looking as if they are about to start their descend to Ouray. Then we take pics like that also.

Then the group can be split in 2 or 3. And then the people up top take pics of people down below, while the people below stop and take pics of the people up. I think the picture taken by the people from below of the people up top would look amazing.

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada; 06-21-2016 at 11:46 AM.
post #39 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 11:16 AM
MOAB SUPERSTAR

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Quoted: 2135 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
PetitFrereArmada previously said: View Post
LOL, those words sound funny.

I also agree about taking a shot of some rigs down the trail with their lights are on. And then how about they radio back the guys up top to get on the trail while the people down take pictures of the guys coming down.

Also, while at the top, we could park all rigs as if they are about to start their decent with all lights on blinding or lighting up the whole area. No drivers in the car, since it is just a photo shoot of parked rigs. So nobody complains about being blinded as they are driving. All cars parked in a single file looking as if they are about to start their descend to Ouray. Then we take pics like that also.

Then the group can be split in 2 or 3. And then the people up top take pics of people down below, while the people below stop and take pics of the people up. I think the picture taken by the people from below of the people up top would look amazing.
Hahaha always polite to take turns

Yes you get it - the pix I saw but couldn't take - would be great to do!!

Member of the Month November 2016

TLCA# 25170
post #40 of 118 (permalink) Old 06-21-2016, 04:03 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 227 Post(s)
Garage

Whoa now, beginning to sound complicated to me. I enjoy taking pictures but I enjoy seeing the views more. I volunteer to be in the pics by riding down the trail, lights full, to below if @debFJVT promises to share her pics after any photo ops.

Summit-X Imogene Pass road

TLCA 23205, STLCA, SFWDA

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion > 2016 FJCruiser Summit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in