A Call for Trail Leaders Summit X - Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum
2016 FJCruiser Summit For all threads regarding the 10th annual FJCruiser Summit

9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
(Thread Starter)
A Call for Trail Leaders Summit X

With registration starting tomorrow, it's time for me to again remind experienced Summit attendees to please consider leading one or more trail runs. We have over 80 trail runs over the three day period and every one of these needs a trail leader. FJ Summit trail groups won't leave town unless they have leaders so it's very important that we look for good people to help show the way. Every year we draw heavily on those individuals that are willing to lead two or even three trails year after year. We cannot thank these individual volunteers enough as their help goes a long way in making this event a success . . . but we really need more leaders to step forward and help out. I know we have a lot of intelligent, capable and experienced individuals attending this event. If you are capable of leading one or more of your runs, please step forward and help lead these groups of fine people from all over the country through some of the greatest scenery this country has to offer.

Requirements:
-Must be at least 18 years old and willing to help solve any problems that might arise on the run
-Must have CB at minimum to communicate with the group
-Must know the directions and have experience on the trail you will be leading
-Must be willing to spot others over obstacles if necessary
-Trail leaders are expected to gather their group at the designated meeting spot with enough time to cover some basic safety and trail etiquette guidelines, depart from town on-schedule and lead the group on the trail run at a safe and legal pace

Leaders will be provided with a brief list of talking points to go over with the group as well as general information about the run and a list of names of those on the run which should be signed by each driver and then returned to Summit HQ at the end of the day.

Trail leader SWAG. As usual, trail leaders will get an additional volunteer T-shirt which is different from the driver shirt that you get during registration. You will also receive a "Trail Leader" door magnet which will look great on your refrigerator when you get home (your spouse may or may not agree ). Last, you will receive a commemorative "Trail Leader" mug or glass for each trail run you lead. We haven't decided on the design for this year yet but we'll set it up same as last year. Lead one trail and get one glass. Lead two trails and get two glasses. Lead three trails and you will earn a set of four glasses. Leaders MUST turn in the trail sign off sheet at Summit HQ to receive these glasses/mugs. This is how we confirm that you led the trail or trails.

It's super easy to sign up to be a Trail Leader during the registration process. Just check the box to lead the trail. If you decide to lead your trail after registering, you can just log in again using your registration number, click on the My Details tab and select the option that applies. Thanks !

One more thing. We also like to develop a list of backup trail leaders prior to the event. If you aren't signing up to lead a trail but would be willing to lead one if necessary, please let us know. If we have a no show for whatever reason, we may need the help to get folks on the trail.

Oh, for those that don't know me . . . This will be my ninth FJ Summit. I can be reached at: james at fjsummit dot org if you have any specific questions about leading or the Summit in general. Even better, just ask them in this thread as others may have the same question.

The following trails are still needing leaders. If the trail is full (10 vehicles) they won't show up if you look online so I will have to switch you over or add you to the trail manually. If the trail is not full you can switch yourself over or let me know. If you are interested in one, just post here or email me at : [email protected]

Edited 6/30

Friday Trail Run
Alpine Loop (Engineer and Cinnamon Passes) 9:00 AM 10
Poughkeepsie Gulch 10:00 AM 4
gm350reratliff likes this.

FJ Summit Co-Director since 2013 email: james at fjsummit dot org

2008 Sandstorm FJ Cruiser
2019 White TRD Premium 4Runner

I am the Woodsman...the four-wheelin', tree-farmin', custom-furniture-makin' descendant of Olaf "The Woodcutter" Ingjaldsson.

Last edited by Woodsman; 06-30-2016 at 07:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2016, 11:42 PM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Re: A Call for Trail Leaders Summit X

It's only my second year, but I'm leading a Blackbear run on Saturday. The other two trails I went on last year were Immogene and Poughkeepsie and I'd be comfortable at the front of either. If you are stuck for leaders, you can move me to either of those routes at a time that needs coverage. Just let me know my new schedule.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 05:03 AM
MOAB SUPERSTAR

Mentioned: 206 Post(s)
Quoted: 2083 Post(s)
Garage

I'm leading the Black Bear Photo run on Thursday, and the Mineral Creek Night Run Wednesday...willing to step up for another one last minute if needed...get my set of four glasses :-)

Will there be trail leader's pre-runs for these on Wednesday?
bazross and Usedbutnotabused like this.

Member of the Month November 2016

TLCA# 25170
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 07:22 AM
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)

Quote:
debFJVT previously said: View Post
I'm leading the Black Bear Photo run on Thursday, and the Mineral Creek Night Run Wednesday...willing to step up for another one last minute if needed...get my set of four glasses :-)

Will there be trail leader's pre-runs for these on Wednesday?

I was planning on coming a day early to do a pre run of Black bear even if that wasn't an organized thing. We can get together and spot each other down the rough section above the falls.

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 11:27 AM
MOAB SUPERSTAR

Mentioned: 206 Post(s)
Quoted: 2083 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Usedbutnotabused previously said: View Post
I was planning on coming a day early to do a pre run of Black bear even if that wasn't an organized thing. We can get together and spot each other down the rough section above the falls.

I'll never turn down an opportunity to run my favorite trail

We check in at Twin Peaks on Tuesday, and if there's not an organized trail leaders pre-run will be happy do do Black Bear/Ophir with you Wednesday
Loganbeere likes this.

Member of the Month November 2016

TLCA# 25170
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2016, 09:24 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 226 Post(s)

Thanks for the list; email sent.

Alan "Ace" Brown * Book Cliff Cruisers * Smokey Mtn Cruisers * TLCA #18649 * Overland Certified * BRC *

2008 FJC AT Silver; All-Pro, ARB, BFG, Bud-built, Cobra, Eagle, Expedition One, Garmin, Nitro Gear (4.88), OME, PIAA, Pioneer, Viking, Warn, Yakima, over $18K so far.
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 12:48 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 1238 Post(s)

I can lead Thursday Alpine Loop at 9:00 AM if you don't have anyone else to do so.

Only my second year, so anyone with more local experience would be a better choice than me, but if it comes down to desperation time, I will do it.

What size tires will fit on my FJ?

The owner's manual for your FJ is right here. <--- This is a link. Many answers to your questions are contained within.

See the relationship between highway speed and MPG here.

TLCA 5301
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-13-2016, 06:37 AM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Garage

James..
I am on Black Bear Pass to Ophir Pass at 07:00 AM I can lead it. I will send you an email with my contact info

2014 Trail Teams Ultimate Edition
With a "Few" mods. See Build
My Build
(Previous 2012 Owner)
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-14-2016, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Garage
(Thread Starter)

list revised. I'll be in touch with those above who expressed interest in helping to lead.
jimmy-buffett and debFJVT like this.

I am the Woodsman...the four-wheelin', tree-farmin', custom-furniture-makin' descendant of Olaf "The Woodcutter" Ingjaldsson.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-30-2016, 07:09 PM Thread Starter
Forum Superstar

Garage
(Thread Starter)

List in first post edited 6/30. Only two trails remain leaderless.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion > 2016 FJCruiser Summit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in