LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #131 of 270 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 03:31 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Garage
Re: FJ Summit 2019 (July 17-21)

I have lead many trail runs in Moab but this is my first Summit, so I didn't offer to lead. But if you need someone I can step up, just gotta get some GPS tracks and I should be okay.

Steve in MN
Sponsored by Blue Sun Corporation
2010 FJ, now with exciting grill and shifter knob mods

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #132 of 270 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 04:07 PM
Forum Regular

Quoted: 50 Post(s)

Quote:
CRAW previously said: View Post
Why did I not know it sold out so quickly? Now I'm behind over 150 people? What the! ???

Seriously. I've never read about the Summit selling out so quickly. I'm a bit disappointed to say the least.
22 seconds this year, 1 second longer than last year.
post #133 of 270 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 04:33 PM
Forum Master

Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
CRAW previously said: View Post
Why did I not know it sold out so quickly? Now I'm behind over 150 people? What the! ???

Seriously. I've never read about the Summit selling out so quickly. I'm a bit disappointed to say the least.
That is a bummer. I noticed on the "Who's Coming" map that there are no markers in Iowa.

I don't recall where I heard about how quickly it sold out, but I was aware it was a matter of seconds. I clicked in at about 11:00:00.1 central and signed up for my first Summit. Hopefully the wait list will move along for you.

Steve in MN
Sponsored by Blue Sun Corporation
2010 FJ, now with exciting grill and shifter knob mods

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #134 of 270 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 05:01 PM
トヨダ Master

Mentioned: 135 Post(s)
Quoted: 3281 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member

Quote:
shrdnar previously said: View Post
Sadly, I decided to skip summit this year. However, I'm looking forward to meeting up with whoever is in Moab before summit, and I'll try to recruit some of the local UT FJ gang to join me. It'd be awesome to caravan down there with at least 10 FJs.
I'm going, just didn't sign up. I'll catch up with folks and check out the vendor action and then spend a little more time around Silverton. Maybe next year, Kyle!

"Silence is Golden......Duct Tape is Silver"

Solitude Allows One to Reflect While Others are Reacting...

Member of the month-October 2017
post #135 of 270 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 06:18 AM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)

We will be bringing our Tundra to this years Summit! FJ has made it before, as has the 4Runner. No Tundra love on the vehicle drop down list of profile selection

2011 Silver- Toytec/Bilstein 5100's, 305/70/17 BFG M/T KM2, Fuel Anza D558, 1.25" Spidertrax, TG Sliders, Bushwacker Pocket Flares, ODL 3 Hoop Winch Bumper, Acro H1900, Smittybilt XRC8 w/ syn line, Shockworks Washer Reservoir Kit, HID Drop-In's, 2013 OEM Tails, Ricochet Roof Dam w/ 44" Dual Row LED Lightbar, 24" Rear Dual Row LED Bar, Demello Jack Mounts w/ TJM Hi-Lift, Fourtreks Dble Quick-Fist w/ Axe-Shovel, PRG Snorkel, FJOEL Stealth Black Shifters & Battery Tie Down, Hayden Transmission Cooler, Scanguage II, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Panamint Roll-Top, ARB Roof Console, Uniden 520xl, Firestik, NestahEdition AM//FM Firestik, and many mods thanks to the awesome forum members how-to's
post #136 of 270 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 06:49 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

if it sells out so quickly, then it sounds like they could actually host two FJ Summits, not sure if that is possible, just a thought I was very interested and did not realize how tough it is to lock up a slot.
post #137 of 270 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 07:22 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Fog330 previously said: View Post
if it sells out so quickly, then it sounds like they could actually host two FJ Summits, not sure if that is possible, just a thought I was very interested and did not realize how tough it is to lock up a slot.
This has all been gone through over and over. Here's the deal.

-Ouray is a small town. When we have our event it basically doubles the towns population. Some people like us and the business we bring into town. Many residents would be quite happy if we didn't take over the town each summer. Having two events would not make the latter any happier.
-after 12 years this event is as much about coming to see old friends as it is about "wheeling" or seeing the sights. Having multiple events means people will miss each other.

-the event is run by volunteers. One week is enough work and burns up our vacation time each year. Two events is tough.

-we takeover the trails for one week. Plenty of other vacationers and tour operators use the trails as well and they look forward to us going home.

-vendors don't have all the time in the world to hang out in the mountains. Most cannot afford to spend any more time away from home base than they already do.

-we have a pretty epic raffle but the vendors aren't going to pony up double the product for two raffles.

-t's better to have one hot event that sells out than two lukewarm events that don't.

Do you get the picture ? There are a lot of reasons to keep it just as it is.

FJ Summit Co-Director since 2013 email: james at fjsummit dot org

2008 Sandstorm FJ Cruiser
2019 White TRD Premium 4Runner

I am the Woodsman...the four-wheelin', tree-farmin', custom-furniture-makin' descendant of Olaf "The Woodcutter" Ingjaldsson.
post #138 of 270 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 08:11 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 226 Post(s)

That about covers it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Alan "Ace" Brown * Book Cliff Cruisers * Smokey Mtn Cruisers * TLCA #18649 * Overland Certified * BRC *

2008 FJC AT Silver; All-Pro, ARB, BFG, Bud-built, Cobra, Eagle, Expedition One, Garmin, Nitro Gear (4.88), OME, PIAA, Pioneer, Viking, Warn, Yakima, over $18K so far.
post #139 of 270 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 10:17 AM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 458 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
itsdchz previously said: View Post
We will be bringing our Tundra to this years Summit! FJ has made it before, as has the 4Runner. No Tundra love on the vehicle drop down list of profile selection
Tundras are pretty wide for some of those trails. What runs are you doing? Stock tundra or modded?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BSCPO.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	1070344  

NESSIE, 2011 NSSE edition

-DO steel rally bumper
-IronMan FCP coilovers
-OME/MetalTech cheap LT rear
-285/70r17 Cooper STT Pro tires
post #140 of 270 (permalink) Old 03-04-2019, 10:36 AM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 226 Post(s)

Quote:
DubstepPear previously said: View Post
Tundras are pretty wide for some of those trails. What runs are you doing? Stock tundra or modded?

Width is not a problem but length is. Ask Bob Brown about spotting a Tundra down Black Bear a few years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DubstepPear likes this.

Alan "Ace" Brown * Book Cliff Cruisers * Smokey Mtn Cruisers * TLCA #18649 * Overland Certified * BRC *

2008 FJC AT Silver; All-Pro, ARB, BFG, Bud-built, Cobra, Eagle, Expedition One, Garmin, Nitro Gear (4.88), OME, PIAA, Pioneer, Viking, Warn, Yakima, over $18K so far.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion > 2019 FJCruiser Summit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in