Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: FJ Summit 2019 (July 17-21)

Quote:
Marklee previously said: View Post
Just curious why you made the switch.
I was definitely looking forward to staying there, but we aren't bringing the kids any more, and we went with a smaller/cheaper room.

Past: 2007 Black Diamond FJC - totaled
Present: 2012 Trail Team Edition Radiant Red

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #222 of 275 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)

Looks like my job is moving out of state and I can't make the Summit. I'm just outside the window to cancel my room (and Summit registration), so I'm hoping to find someone interested in the reservation. I have a two bedroom, pet friendly, riverview room at the Twin Peaks Lodge. Sleeps six on three queen sized beds. My reservation is July 17-21. Total is $1608.52 all in, including $100 pet fee, which you could likely drop. This is right in the heart of all the action. Please let me know if you are interested. Thanks!!
Thorn661 likes this.

Last edited by jb_11; 06-21-2019 at 05:10 PM.
post #223 of 275 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 10:20 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 44 Post(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)

LOL...places in northern Colorado (Park Range and Never Summer) just got 18+" of snow overnight.

https://denver.cbslocal.com/2019/06/...amboat-resort/

Fortunately, I dont believe the San Juans saw any of this snow. But for those people that might want to hit some of the northern 4WD roads and trails while they are out here....check the conditions first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #224 of 275 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 01:04 PM
Forum Superstar

Here is a post from a dirt bike forum that I frequent. Includes a photo from Engineer Pass on 4th post in

https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic...ry-conditions/
CRAW likes this.
post #225 of 275 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 04:17 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)

Quote:
SilvFx previously said: View Post
Here is a post from a dirt bike forum that I frequent. Includes a photo from Engineer Pass on 4th post in

https://thumpertalk.com/forums/topic...ry-conditions/

Very interesting reading. Especially all the comments and posts following that link. I live in Western Colorado and have seen the conditions. The OP in the link called them UGLY. Hes right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CRAW likes this.

Alan "Ace" Brown * Book Cliff Cruisers * Smokey Mtn Cruisers * TLCA #18649 * Overland Certified * BRC *

2008 FJC AT Silver; All-Pro, ARB, BFG, Bud-built, Cobra, Eagle, Expedition One, Garmin, Nitro Gear (4.88), OME, PIAA, Pioneer, Viking, Warn, Yakima, over $18K so far.
post #226 of 275 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 05:00 PM
Forum Superstar

Quote:
Ace Brown previously said: View Post
Very interesting reading. Especially all the comments and posts following that link. I live in Western Colorado and have seen the conditions. The OP in the link called them UGLY. He’s right.

Yes, the quote or language is from a newslettter sent out by Jeff Slavens of Slavens Racing down in Colorado Springs not from the OP. Jeff's company serves a lot of the offroad parts and accessories market for KTM and Husky dirt bikes and is pretty well known. Colorado is unfortunately becoming known as dirt bike nirvana for a whole lot of people around the country and a bunch of people make their annual pilgrimage to Colorado in the summer months (just like the FJ Summit). He and others have been trying to give people heads up that things are bad and they need to wait if possible.

His last message was not well received by people from out of state looking to visit (you know how it goes....took time off work, coordinated with friends, spouse, family, reserved hotels, etc) and a few louder keyboard warriors pitched a fit. But, conditions are conditions, so Jeff and others keep reminding people. Same as we are doing here about the FJ Summit. Only difference is that the cities/counties down in SW Colorado are working hard to get things open for FJ Summit but it wont be as accessible as a typical year. Singletrack dirtbike and mountainbike trails...there is no one to shovel or plow them and with all the beetle killed timber, you can have hundreds if not thousands of deadfall trees blocking the trails that need to be cut through.

Most other places in Colorado, don't have counties/cities trying to plow open the backcountry and many of the other passes such as TinCup, Cumberland, Tomichi, Marshall, Old Monarch, Cottonwood, Hagerman, Schofield, Hanc*ck, Pearl, Taylor, Buffalo, Boreas, Georgia, Webster, Mosquito, Hayden, Medano, Hermit etc are never plowed by heavy equipment....just cut through in places by Jeepers and other back country enthusiasts. Along with plenty of other backcountry routes. My interest here is for people coming from elsewhere to understand some of these other places may not be passable by mid/late July.
CRAW and Thorn661 like this.

Last edited by SilvFx; 06-22-2019 at 05:03 PM.
post #227 of 275 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 05:06 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)

Im one of those mountain bikers that clears trails. It has kept us busy with a lot more to come as trails melt out.

Woodsman, CRAW, SilvFx and 3 others like this.

Alan "Ace" Brown * Book Cliff Cruisers * Smokey Mtn Cruisers * TLCA #18649 * Overland Certified * BRC *

2008 FJC AT Silver; All-Pro, ARB, BFG, Bud-built, Cobra, Eagle, Expedition One, Garmin, Nitro Gear (4.88), OME, PIAA, Pioneer, Viking, Warn, Yakima, over $18K so far.
post #228 of 275 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 04:22 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Lifetime Supporting Member

I am getting there early, I think the 11th. Anyone else willing to run around and look for open trails.
post #229 of 275 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 06:12 AM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Garage

My wife and son were in Ouray over the weekend. I was supposed to go with them but I injured my back again and stayed home to let it heal. They had a lot of trouble finding open trails to hike in the Ouray and Ridgway area, they said that either snow or avalanche debris had most of the hiking trails or the roads to their trailheads closed.

2012 Army Green "The Mule"
My Build / My Adventures
My YouTube Channel: Chicken River Offroad
http://www.chickenriveroffroad.com
post #230 of 275 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 08:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Quote:
skersfan previously said: View Post
I am getting there early, I think the 11th. Anyone else willing to run around and look for open trails.
I will be in Ouray July 14 to July 18. I don't mind joining you if you are still looking for trails around those dates. I would even do a night run now that I got a local shop did a custom work on my car with their own idea. I went there for them to install my lights the way I wanted, they ended up convincing me about a one of a kind look on my SUV that cannot be found by any other nowhere.

Link to my thread of the install of my custom lights that I bought all the way from STEDI lights in Australia: 8.5" STEDI Type-X Pro OFFROAD LED in my 2012 Infiniti QX56 grill

https://www.clubarmada.com/threads/m...6-grill.85807/

2012 Infinti QX56... KING OF THE ROAD
http://www.clubarmada.com/forums/218...ton-tx-52.html

2008 Nissan Maxima... CATCH ME IF YOU CAN
http://my6thgen.org/f13/emiles-petitfreremaxima-17985/

Last edited by PetitFrereArmada1; 07-01-2019 at 08:53 AM.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion > 2019 FJCruiser Summit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in