LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 05:44 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Who is trail leading??

Who is trail leading at the Summit this year, and if so know what trails/time slot? Trying to get my ducks in a row for my hopeful 2nd Summit. I did Alpine loop and California/Corkscrew last year. Was scheduled for Imogene, but thought I had a mechanical issue that ended up being nothing and played it safe and not sorry. Regretted that for a good while.

I am leaning towards Imogene, Southern and Northern Gulches runs. Black Bear is an option too, but I am still a Novice on the trails. Gonna pass on Poughkeepsie.

Any perk to doing one of the vendor sponsored runs over the run of the mill trail runs?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 06:05 PM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 185 Post(s)
Quoted: 1961 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Who is trail leading??

I plan to lead a few this year, but not every day/night again Definitely a Womens run and a night run, hopefully on Black Bear and Imogene. @Duke Broadway I think Imogene and Black Bear are two of the most beautiful trails in the country and you’ll be fine Only comment I have about vendor-led runs is they often give cool swag, and most of the trail leaders are awesome fun while some others have been a bit out of control. I really enjoyed my Poughkeepsie run with RCI years ago right after I got my skid plates from them...it was neat to chat with them about the design and watch them watching my rig on the rocks as their plates did a super job protecting me

Member of the Month November 2016

TLCA# 25170
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 06:11 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)

I think we are still a few hours aways from finding out . I lead a Poughkeepsie Run last year and everyone had a great time . I would like to be able to lead a group again this year on Poughkeepsie again. Just so you know there is a bypass on Poughkeepsie so you do not have to try the wall . We all were novice at some point so do not worry about that . these events are the best time to learn and maybe push your comfort level a little . What better time than with a bunch of FJs you can see what lines they take and if something was to happen you know we all have your back .
debFJVT likes this.

09 AT Toytec Boss performance 3inch lift, Demello sliders , TRD brakes , MT offset Lower links . Rad Rubber splash guards ,Cobra CB,
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-01-2019, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Forum Regular

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Firemedic831 previously said: View Post
I think we are still a few hours aways from finding out . I lead a Poughkeepsie Run last year and everyone had a great time . I would like to be able to lead a group again this year on Poughkeepsie again. Just so you know there is a bypass on Poughkeepsie so you do not have to try the wall . We all were novice at some point so do not worry about that . these events are the best time to learn and maybe push your comfort level a little . What better time than with a bunch of FJs you can see what lines they take and if something was to happen you know we all have your back .
Yeah. I learned a ton last year. Incredible experience.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 12:12 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)

Thur . 7:20 . Poughkeepsie
Sat 8:20 Poughkeepsie

These are the times i will be leading .
FJX2000, 101Firedog and saabturbo like this.

09 AT Toytec Boss performance 3inch lift, Demello sliders , TRD brakes , MT offset Lower links . Rad Rubber splash guards ,Cobra CB,
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 01:13 PM
4-Corners Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Garage

Trail leading the new Sydney Basin run Thursday and Northern Gulches on Saturday! See ya'll there!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190302-124932_Chrome.jpg
Views:	6
Size:	193.3 KB
ID:	1070138  
Firemedic831 likes this.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 01:20 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 447 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
FJX2000 previously said: View Post
Trail leading the new Sydney Basin run Thursday and Northern Gulches on Saturday! See ya'll there!
Didn't realize Sydney was an organized trail this year. It's one of the most beautiful and is my usual warmup run on Wednesday. May have to change one of my trails to do it with a group this year.
FJX2000 likes this.

NESSIE, 2011 NSSE edition

-DO steel rally bumper
-IronMan FCP coilovers
-OME/MetalTech cheap LT rear
-285/70r17 Cooper STT Pro tires
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-02-2019, 03:42 PM
Forum Master

Quoted: 375 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
DubstepPear previously said: View Post
Didn't realize Sydney was an organized trail this year. It's one of the most beautiful and is my usual warmup run on Wednesday. May have to change one of my trails to do it with a group this year.
Good! I signed up for that one.
DubstepPear likes this.

Steve in MN
Sponsored by Blue Sun Corporation
2010 FJ, now with exciting grill and shifter knob mods

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 06:41 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 370 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
DubstepPear previously said: View Post
We got approval to do two runs each day with only seven vehicles per group. Its a tight loop that most run counterclockwise and will make for a short day. There are no large parking areas and the narrow (but not too narrow) shelf road at the end looks like its only wide enough for a side by side as you approach it. It is a stand alone run and we do NOT have approval for these groups to include the rest of Yankee Boy or the out and back Governor's Basin. The trail is really tight and technical in one area with potential for damage to non-lifted trucks and trucks with no sliders or skids, especially if it is slippery. I just checked to make sure there were no Tundras :eyeroll: on those runs for me to boot off.
debFJVT and DubstepPear like this.

FJ Summit Co-Director since 2013 email: james at fjsummit dot org

2008 Sandstorm FJ Cruiser
2019 White TRD Premium 4Runner

I am the Woodsman...the four-wheelin', tree-farmin', custom-furniture-makin' descendant of Olaf "The Woodcutter" Ingjaldsson.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 03-03-2019, 09:40 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 185 Post(s)
Quoted: 1961 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Woodsman previously said: View Post
We got approval to do two runs each day with only seven vehicles per group. Its a tight loop that most run counterclockwise and will make for a short day. There are no large parking areas and the narrow (but not too narrow) shelf road at the end looks like its only wide enough for a side by side as you approach it. It is a stand alone run and we do NOT have approval for these groups to include the rest of Yankee Boy or the out and back Governor's Basin. The trail is really tight and technical in one area with potential for damage to non-lifted trucks and trucks with no sliders or skids, especially if it is slippery. I just checked to make sure there were no Tundras :eyeroll: on those runs for me to boot off.
Yes Sydney is a beautiful and special basin with a variety fun challenges, so I’m happy it’ll be included for Summit, and as a one-way road. The narrow off-camber shelf part is “attention-getting”, especially if there is uphill traffic as we had Otherwise it’s wider and less sloping than it feels Here’s a pic of where it started to get interesting and I had to put my camera down
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A6F93562-6A67-437A-8958-2CB9716281DD.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	696.7 KB
ID:	1070270  
DubstepPear and Firemedic831 like this.

Member of the Month November 2016

TLCA# 25170

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion > 2019 FJCruiser Summit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in