post #191 of 371 (permalink) Old 06-28-2019, 11:44 AM
Forum Superstar

Mentioned: 211 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2616 Post(s)
Garage
Lifetime Supporting Member
Re: Moab before the Summit - 2019 Edition

Awesome pics. One year ago, cant wait to do it again.....
debFJVT likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #192 of 371 (permalink) Old 06-30-2019, 10:25 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Garage

Have you all lost your excitement about this great event? No posts in a couple days. I'm trying to live vicariously through this thread. I've attended this event the last 6 years in a row, and am missing this year. Let's hear it!
Thorn661 and Iconic_ like this.

Alan
- Primer at Imogene Pass 13,114'
2013 TT SE
BMC / Exp-1 Rear Bumper with Swing Arm / PIAA 5190's front, and rear bumpers / King Rear Rem Res W/Ride Cntrl / MT lower links / ICON Front Extended Travel Coil Overs / TC UCA's / SCS F-5 wheels / 285/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs / Shrockworks Front Bumper / Warn 9.5xp / sPOD / Kenwood DNX890HD / Lots of RAAMaudio sound deadening / WickedCAS PODS / Focal PC 165's / Focal IC 690's / Arc Audio Black 10V2 / JL Audio HD900/5 / All Pro HD Sliders and Al IFS Skid Plate / ARB CKMTA12 / Rear SCUBA / Hella Supertones / Dirty Deeds Hi Tuck Tailpipe / FJToymanOffroad Skids / Redline Skids / I seem to have run out of characters...
post #193 of 371 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 12:31 AM
MOAB SUPERSTAR

Mentioned: 213 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2141 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Primer previously said: View Post
Have you all lost your excitement about this great event? No posts in a couple days. I'm trying to live vicariously through this thread. I've attended this event the last 6 years in a row, and am missing this year. Let's hear it!
Calm before the storm.... Packing.....day after tomorrow I hit the road
Thorn661 and iLuveKetchup like this.

Member of the Month November 2016

TLCA# 25170
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #194 of 371 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 03:50 AM
Forum Beer Miester

Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Quoted: 2066 Post(s)
Garage

Lol, like Deb said the calm before the storm.

Iíve just finished replacing most of my front suspension and axles so Iíve been a busy little bee. Got the awning back on yesterday amidst prepping my farm before departure as well as finishing major projects at work so Iíve been slacking in my posts. Was hoping my new bumper would arrive before the trip but it doesnít appear that will be the case, donít think I would have time to install it anyway. Iíve got to repair a broken rock light, install new extended swaybar links, and pack before Friday so itíll be a busy week with 1500 work miles mixed in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DDFDB7D1-9EA9-4333-811D-1075034A1FD1.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	591.3 KB
ID:	1084368  
bazross, Primer, debFJVT and 1 others like this.

post #195 of 371 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 10:59 AM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Garage

Well I was out of town over the weekend, sorry I didn't post!

I have been doing lots of little things to get ready - replaced the serpentine belt, got my winch working properly (not that I'll need it, but some dumb ass wired it wrong ), wired my bumper lights, relocated my windshield washer reservoir (did the $10 coolant overflow tank mod), replaced a couple of burned out bulbs... almost ready.

Steve in MN, sponsored by Blue Sun Corporation
2010 FJ, now with exciting grill and shifter knob mods

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
post #196 of 371 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 11:06 AM
MOAB SUPERSTAR

Mentioned: 213 Post(s)
Quoted: 2141 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Serenity Now previously said: View Post

I have been doing lots of little things to get ready - replaced the serpentine belt, got my winch working properly (not that I'll need it, but some dumb ass wired it wrong ), wired my bumper lights, relocated my windshield washer reservoir (did the $10 coolant overflow tank mod), replaced a couple of burned out bulbs... almost ready.
Whatís the coolant overflow tank? Pics please!

Member of the Month November 2016

TLCA# 25170
post #197 of 371 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 11:57 AM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Serenity Now previously said: View Post

All my tools, and winch are used for helping others out of a jam. Rarely do I use them for me. But we did use my winch a couple weeks ago to move a tree from the trail on the Oregon Backroad Discovery Route.
IDFJ likes this.

Alan
- Primer at Imogene Pass 13,114'
2013 TT SE
BMC / Exp-1 Rear Bumper with Swing Arm / PIAA 5190's front, and rear bumpers / King Rear Rem Res W/Ride Cntrl / MT lower links / ICON Front Extended Travel Coil Overs / TC UCA's / SCS F-5 wheels / 285/75R16 Goodyear Duratracs / Shrockworks Front Bumper / Warn 9.5xp / sPOD / Kenwood DNX890HD / Lots of RAAMaudio sound deadening / WickedCAS PODS / Focal PC 165's / Focal IC 690's / Arc Audio Black 10V2 / JL Audio HD900/5 / All Pro HD Sliders and Al IFS Skid Plate / ARB CKMTA12 / Rear SCUBA / Hella Supertones / Dirty Deeds Hi Tuck Tailpipe / FJToymanOffroad Skids / Redline Skids / I seem to have run out of characters...
post #198 of 371 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 12:56 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Garage

Quote:
Primer previously said: View Post
All my tools, and winch are used for helping others out of a jam. Rarely do I use them for me.
Heh, yeah that's usually the way it goes...

Steve in MN, sponsored by Blue Sun Corporation
2010 FJ, now with exciting grill and shifter knob mods

"Speed has never killed anyone. Suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you." - Jeremy Clarkson
post #199 of 371 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 01:21 PM
Forum Master

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 197 Post(s)
Garage

Two years ago I had spine fusion surgery on my lower back. My back has been good since then until last week, when my ARB awning was delivered and I picked it up off the porch and carried it into the garage. I had no idea it would be so heavy and I've had a lot of back pain ever since. I spent all last week leaving work early to come home and take pain pills and muscle relaxers. I have a lot of work to do on my FJ and haven't been able to do any of it. I need to change the front brake pads but I'm worried that moving around the front tires will hurt my back more. I need to install the awning. I ripped out my camper mod from the FJ but now I need to install the rear seats and put my drawer system back in the back. I wanted to change the tranny fluid and hook up my transmission cooler that I installed previously but never connected the hoses to.

I can still go to Moab without any of that stuff done, except maybe the brakes, but I can't go if my back isn't better so my priority is fixing my back before the FJ.
Thorn661 and Lee44 like this.

2012 Army Green "The Mule"
My Build / My Adventures
My YouTube Channel: Chicken River Offroad
http://www.chickenriveroffroad.com
post #200 of 371 (permalink) Old 07-01-2019, 01:27 PM
Forum Veteran

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)

Quote:
crazysanman previously said: View Post
Two years ago I had spine fusion surgery on my lower back. My back has been good since then until last week, when my ARB awning was delivered and I picked it up off the porch and carried it into the garage. I had no idea it would be so heavy and I've had a lot of back pain ever since. I spent all last week leaving work early to come home and take pain pills and muscle relaxers. I have a lot of work to do on my FJ and haven't been able to do any of it. I need to change the front brake pads but I'm worried that moving around the front tires will hurt my back more. I need to install the awning. I ripped out my camper mod from the FJ but now I need to install the rear seats and put my drawer system back in the back. I wanted to change the tranny fluid and hook up my transmission cooler that I installed previously but never connected the hoses to.

I can still go to Moab without any of that stuff done, except maybe the brakes, but I can't go if my back isn't better so my priority is fixing my back before the FJ.
Get better, brother.
crazysanman likes this.

Past: 2007 Black Diamond FJC - totaled
Present: 2012 Trail Team Edition Radiant Red

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Trail > National Summit Discussion > 2019 FJCruiser Summit

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in