Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 12:04 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Re: Should I Get It?

Well, I against most of your guys suggestions. I did get it. I weighed my pros and cons about the 2wd vs 4wd and honestly, I don't think I'll really need 4wd too often. I do snowboard a lot, but locally any time there's chains required in our local mountains (SoCal), chains or snow tires are required even on 4wd. I guess they don't trust that people can drive in the snow around here lol. So even with 4wd, if the cops are out enforcing, even with 4wd, they'll make you have chains. In 5 years of owning my Scion tC, I've only had to use chains maybe a handful of times, so I think if I need to use them on the FJ, so be it, no biggy, just some cold hands lol As for the badges, love em or hate em, I think they're pretty cool just to be different. They don't have that terrible Pep Boys sticker look to them and they add personality. I'm not trying to fool anyone into thinking it's 4wd. I've done enough reading on the forum over the last few days and read that the 2wd's are actually very good offroad (perhaps better than many 4wd's of other companies) so if I do decide to do a little wheelin, it'll be plenty capable as I'm not going to do anything too difficult anyway. I got it for $22.5k, but they gave me a very fair trade in amount for my Scion (which I didn't expect) and a good finance rate. Though it's mostly a no frills vehicle, not to many options, I'm really happy with this purchase so far. It's got low miles and now I wont have to worry about replacing a transfer case or anything later down the road. Next comes the fun part and customizing it a little more. I think I'm going to add the stock roof rack and some ARB fogs into the bumper. Nothing too crazy for now. I'm lucky enough to have a great off-road shop about a 1/2 mile away called Dirty Parts. Larry is the guy that has helped me before with other parts in the past for other vehicles and I believe he posts here occasionally also. Crazy FJ or something like that? Very cool guy and wow his FJ is HOOKED UP!!!!

Thanks for all your help guys, much appreciated, can't wait to start having some fun with this badboy!
~Scott
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 12:08 AM Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)

Quote:
shack previously said: View Post
as requested.

(don't flame the 10 minute chop job)
BTW, I LOVE that chop job! I'd rock it lol good stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-15-2010, 04:27 PM
Forum Superstar

Quoted: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
ScottKelly911 previously said: View Post
I've done enough reading on the forum over the last few days and read that the 2wd's are actually very good offroad (perhaps better than many 4wd's of other companies) so if I do decide to do a little wheelin, it'll be plenty capable as I'm not going to do anything too difficult anyway.~Scott
2wd Better than other 4x4's of other companies... Doubt it, but hey, whatever floats your boat.

Is a 2x4 capable? depending on what your doing sure. The last couple trail runs i went on there was a couple 2wd's in the group. Did they make though quite a few obsticles?.. Yes. But it also took them 3 times as long to do so. At one point it took one of them 20 minutes that it took the rest of the group about 3 to 5.

Ultimatly, it was your desicion, so if your happy with your purchase than thats all that matters. Though from what i've seen, many that have bought 2x4's end up regreting it once the mod bug starts. BUt either way, congrats on your new truck.

Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum > Toyota FJ Cruiser Discussion > 4x2 Discussion

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in