Toyota FJ Cruiser Forum banner

ARB / Warn Combo ? and Stock height Pic's

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  N4WOX 
#1 ·
Anyone know of a store / site out there that has a good deal on a ARB front bumper with a Winch as a Combo with one good single price for the two together?

Looking at the ARB with a Warn M8000 maybe, just looking for the best deals.

Would also like to see pic's of those of you that run a ARB with the Stock height on the fornt, and or leaveled Front, with stock height rear, and coments about your suspetion setup to go along with it. The more photos and info the better.

Got some Blistien 5100's on the way, and trying to decied what setting to set them too before I put them on, in light of the fact I maybe adding the weight of an ARB bumper and winch.

#3 ·
I have the ARB front and rear bumpers and WARN 8000. I'm happy with all. Pricey, but its good stuff. I'm running OME Mediums in front and rear so my pics won't help. Although it is a heavy bumper I dont think you can go wrong with the ARB.

#4 ·
:bump:

Anyone with more info / photos of ARB with Stock Height setup, or leveled front with stock rear.

#5 ·
N4WOX:

Perhaps I'm missing something but by "Stock Height setup" do you mean stock coils and shocks under the front end? If so, I would ~not~ recommend an ARB bumper. In order to support the added weight, and be level once installed, you'll need to first get that nose up in the air a bit.

Also, I've found that you're likely to find the best deals at separate stores. {IE: my bumper came form ToraSport and the M8000 is, hopefully, coming from GoWarn.com}

Hope this helps you.

JD

#6 ·
N4WOX:

Perhaps I'm missing something but by "Stock Height setup" do you mean stock coils and shocks under the front end? If so, I would ~not~ recommend an ARB bumper. In order to support the added weight, and be level once installed, you'll need to first get that nose up in the air a bit.

JD
I understand what you are saying, but by Stock height, I mean just that, a FJ with a ARB and still the Stock Height. I know the front suspetion has to be changed to do that, but I wanted to see more photos of what that setup looked like since so many folks on here have the ARB with Full 3 inch lifts on them.

I have the 5100 shocks that can give me different hight settings on the front, and allow me to keep the stock hight or level the FJ out, but adding a ARB changes things up a bit, to where I need to decide on what setting to set the Shocks at to get the lift I want or at least the stock heigh on the front I need.

I have lifted a FJ before, my first one, but I'm doing this one different, I know what I am doing, just looking for more info to make the best desision I can with the knowlage I have and plans for the furture.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.